Q&A Sessions
Thread Closed 

Jagex had two Q&A sessions on the forums yesterday. One with the Game Engine Team, which was voted for back in February, and one with the Runespan and new Fremennik Saga developers.

Game Engine Q&A
Developer Q&A

As these Q&A sessions always go, there's a lot of repeat questions and stuff that they reply saying they can't answer. For those of you who don't want to wade through the whole thing, here's some stuff I thought was interesting:

Runespan questions (Click to View)

Engine questions (Click to View)

[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Thanks for posting the briefs smile

I really find the runespan questions very interesting, can't wait to try it out Biggrin
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Same here. No update this upcoming week though. Future updates says we're getting a technical update to prepare for future content.

There was a lack of info about the new sagas in the Q&A, though. Not for a lack of questions, but they seemed like they wanted to avoid giving too much away.

Wow thanks for this Dave, was some nice stuff. Biggrin
I am really excited for Runspan, since it sounds way less boring than regular runecrafting and it clearly said this has better rates than ZMI!
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Nice to see they're not forgetting about a few of the aspects of the game I was unsure of if they had. Runespan sounds awesome, will be fun to test it out for the xp rate. Also it's nice to hear a reasoning for the lag in game. Cheers Dave smile
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
In retrospect I missed something fairly important. They say that the current game engine doesn't utilize hardware graphic capabilities as well as it could because it wasn't built with that in mind and those options were added in later. And they say that a RuneTek 7 engine is in the planning stages, which will come with much better support for hardware graphics.

Thanks for doing this Dave! I gave up reading them yesterday because they were so long. This was the perfect solution, thank you!
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]