Combat Beta Sign-up: 1st June
Thread Closed 

As announced last week, one of the most eagerly anticipated and frequently requested updates will be launching in RuneScape this summer. The Evolution of Combat project will see the biggest change to any system in RuneScape’s history and, as if that wasn’t exciting enough, RuneScape members will also be able to apply to take part in our first ever limited access closed beta.

All those wishing to apply for the beta and gain exclusive access to the update before everyone else will be able to sign up for the chance to take part from the 1st June. Beta players will not only be the first to get to grips with the new combat mechanics but will also have the unique opportunity to help test and shape the dynamics of the update ahead of its full release later this year.
[Image: EtXnz.jpg]

By taking part in the beta and showing us your best use of swordplay, eagle-eyed archer’s tricks and esoteric wizard’s gambits, you’ll be working with us to create a battle system that’s fluid, interactive, and well and truly built for you. Over the coming weeks we will be revealing some of the incredible new features to whet your appetite, but remember to sign up on the 1st June to ensure you don’t miss out on the chance to take part.

Full details of how to register for the beta along with some tantalising teasers will be announced on www.runescape.com. The first batch of beta testers will be able to enter the game on the 26th June with all members gaining access shortly after. All members interested in taking part will be granted beta access before the full release but we encourage you to register as early as possible to be in with a chance of being among the first to experience the update.
[Image: z6bXt.jpg]

The closed beta will only be open to RuneScape members, so if you want to be in with a chance of experiencing the new combat system, be sure to sign up for RuneScape membership before the 1st June.

Still itching for more information? Then be sure to tune in to upcoming Behind the Scenes videos for more details about the combat rework announcement and our first ever beta trial.

The RuneScape Content Team
They really need to allow some F2P to do the beta as well since this is going to greatly impact F2P and I doubt most P2P would test stuff from an F2P perspective.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2012-05-18 16:29:07)Gohankuten Wrote:  They really need to allow some F2P to do the beta as well since this is going to greatly impact F2P and I doubt most P2P would test stuff from an F2P perspective.

The same thing occurred to me when they first announced this last week, but now I think it probably isn't necessary to involve f2p in the beta. Balancing combat in the free game is no small task, but it's manageable, especially in comparison with everything you have to account for in the members game.

And besides, most of the balancing work for f2p will be done in the process of developing/beta testing p2p combat, at which point all that will be called for are minor tweaks to finish the job.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I'm curious to see how this goes, I really hope it goes well because the combat in RS is pretty stale. That said, it could be worse, so as long as this doesn't make the system overly complex or something completely ill-suited for the RS atmosphere, I'll be happy.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Added some pics, when I made the topic they didn't show

@topic

I'll probably sign-up just to sign-up, I'm not much of a tester and also combat isn't me
(2012-05-18 17:28:38)Evaluate Wrote:  I'm curious to see how this goes, I really hope it goes well because the combat in RS is pretty stale. That said, it could be worse, so as long as this doesn't make the system overly complex or something completely ill-suited for the RS atmosphere, I'll be happy.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. smile

I probably will not sign up for the beta, would be cool though, but I am kinda lazy. Tongue
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-05-18 22:50:57)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2012-05-18 17:28:38)Evaluate Wrote:  I'm curious to see how this goes, I really hope it goes well because the combat in RS is pretty stale. That said, it could be worse, so as long as this doesn't make the system overly complex or something completely ill-suited for the RS atmosphere, I'll be happy.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. smile

I probably will not sign up for the beta, would be cool though, but I am kinda lazy. Tongue

It hardly matters, you'll have access to the beta later whether you sign up or not. I'm planning to save up enough dg tokens for a chaotic weapon by then, and then take the opportunity to check them all out without having to make a final decision.

They should just move RS to a downloadable game or purchasable game, since its US owned now, wonder if their mission statement is still the same to remain browser-based.
~Rinaldi//Dom~
Have a visit of my Farming Goal thread!
[Image: Signature-1.png]
I'm a low level com-batter but goodluck everyone on getting in the beta!
[Image: dNcMZ.png]
(2012-05-19 17:25:25)Shaken Wrote:  I'm a low level com-batter but goodluck everyone on getting in the beta!

Don't let that stop you. There's no reason not to sign up if you want to see the beta too, and besides, they need people in every level range to check it out so they can balance the game for everybody.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June - Behind the scenes Shawn 6 4,940 2015-06-06 03:35:10
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,664 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  Beta Screenshots Chris J Y 20 12,754 2013-04-19 18:24:58
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  Runescape 3 Beta Clifford 44 24,116 2013-04-18 11:07:18
Last Post: Michael
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,588 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee