Persistent Hackers
Thread Closed 

This guy is driving me insane!

For those who hadn't heard I was recently hacked through an ancient email account which I had set as my RS account's registered email. I never really used the email for anything other than RS and some fansites, the fansite part was obviously a mistake being that was how he most likely got the email and than easily changed my RS password with it.

Me not knowing much about being secure on the internet had my actual main email listed as an alternate on the ancient email so I've been getting notices that someone has been trying to recover the password for that email. This active email actually holds important information like my paypal, bank and work info.

I have since created 3 new emails, one for RS alone. One for FB which I made just while I was making other emails and one as an alternate for the RS email from a different email provider also linked to nothing else. I changed my RS password of course making it numbers/caps/lower case/symbols. I changed my recovs on everything and changed my FB password and bank password and everything else just incase.

I than deleted the ancient email account but checking just tonight he has managed to re-open it, so I changed the recovs again and password again and removed everything linked to it that mattered.

I also did a full system scan with two different anti-virus programs just incase I had any viruses or anything but they found nothing.

It's really scary because if this guy wanted to he could literally wreck my life financially and just make heaps of trouble if he were to get on my FB and message people random shit.

I'm just hoping I have done enough that he can no longer access any of my accounts whether they be emails/FB/RS or anything else.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I'm no expert on computers but if this continues, i think you'll have to format you pc.
Luckly I have never been hacked on runescape.
On top of scanning it with your virus scanner try getting Malwarebytes and doing a scan with that as well, its free and might pick something up that your virus scanner may not, if not im thinking it might be time to re do your whole computer and wipe it clean. Best of luck
You could call the cops to track down the hacker? It's one way of dealing with it since he is hacking into your personal data and could be prosecuted for that.

I am really sorry to hear about this Brian and hope you get it sorted ASAP. Sad
What email are you using? is it hotmail or gmail etc... ?
[Image: whid1.gif]
I just recently went through a similar ordeal with my younger brother's account. I think the only reason we succeeded is because before deleting/deactivating the e-mail account(s) that were used to recover his Runescape account, I changed the e-mail passwords and information as well. I also extensively scanned the computers for maleware and viruses. I hope all works out for you, I wish you the best!
(2012-05-29 11:23:24)Joeym4692 Wrote:  On top of scanning it with your virus scanner try getting Malwarebytes and doing a scan with that as well

I did

Clifford Wrote:What email are you using? is it hotmail or gmail etc... ?

This email he keeps hacking is a yahoo one, I have since made gmail accounts for my new ones.

I really don't think my computer is compromised to be really honest I think he just hacked a fansite and got my email (which had an easy password because I only used it for RS) and used it to recover my RS account. I recovered my RS account the same day he did and it literally took me 5 minutes basically just using my email for Jagex to give it to me.

I also just got done with a few emails back and forth with Mod Weath about my account. It seems there was some other information that appeared to be compromised so Mod Weath deleted all that information from my account so no one can use it to recover it and also deleted all old emails from my account for me. Finally Mod Weath added a note to my account about what happened and put my account on some kind of "watch" list incase so it'll flag them if there's any weird activity, I would assume something like weird ip addresses or whatever.
If you getting persistently hacked, then i would say, the only way you can totally ensure your PC is clean is to format the lot, and start a fresh.
@iWader on Twitter.
(2012-05-29 19:41:37)Wader Wrote:  If you getting persistently hacked, then i would say, the only way you can totally ensure your PC is clean is to format the lot, and start a fresh.

To me, persistent was hacking my RS account once and my email twice but I only deleted it the first time, I didn't change any of the information so he obviously still had my password/recovs for my email and just used those to reactivate it. I have changed all of the information at this point though.
Keep us posted! He is very persistent indeed.