Royal Costumes on the SoF!
Thread Closed 

As Mad May draws to a close, we bid a fond farewell to spring by adding two exciting new costumes to the Squeal of Fortune. Not only do they look great, but they also represent something of a first for cosmetic items...

Starting with our content update today, on Tuesday 29th May, and running throughout the summer months, two impressive new clothing sets will be obtainable as unique prizes on the Squeal of Fortune. There are five pieces of clothing for each of the two must-have sets, so you’ll need to be feeling lucky in order to bag all ten. Don’t forget, the more spins you have at your disposal, the better your chances are of snagging all the items – and getting all of them is certainly something you’ll want to do!

Taking a space on the uncommon slots, the first outfit is the Queen’s Guard uniform: perfect attire for kick-starting a summer of regal rejoicing. The full set encompasses a Queen’s Guard hat, shirt, trousers, shoes and staff. It’s everything a stalwart defender of royalty might need to perform their duties admirably.

Resting on selected rare slots, the second outfit is altogether more exotic and mysterious – a set of Dragon Ceremonial clothes. Made in honour of the Queen Black Dragon, this elusive set consists of a Dragon Ceremonial Hat, Breastplate, Greaves, Boots and Cape. We’re sure you’ll agree, they look as formidable as they do beautiful!

And, as if that wasn’t cool enough, when you complete a costume, not only will you look awesome, but you’ll also be given the option to re-colour the outfits once equipped! Re-colouring is a first for cosmetic items of this nature, and it’s a big reason we think that these outfits will be so desirable.

As there are 10 cosmetic items in total up for grabs, we’re also pleased to announce that you’ll no longer need to worry about winning the same unique cosmetic item more than once. If you’re fortunate enough to snag one of these items, it will always be one you don’t have yet.

One last thing! Don’t forget that RuneScape members get 3 spins on the Squeal of Fortune instead of 2 for every day they log-in during Mad May. Since May isn’t over yet, you can maximise your chances of bagging the goodies above by making sure you’re still subscribed. Subscribe now and claim those extra spins!

The Runescape Team
What can I really say? The costumes are only on the SoF for this week I would think since they tied it in with the mad may stuff, or only until Friday when May ends. Very little chances to win even one entire outfit which is obviously the whole point... getting people to buy spins so they can possibly win a whole outfit. That imho is kind of sad and so far the only update towards SoF I do not agree with.

YES, I know every update is geared towards making people buy spins and NO I am not going to argue any of this with you :p This is the first one I am upset about because I WANT both sets but will not buy spins lol..
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I've gotten the hat lol, doesn't seem to be special at all.
(2012-05-29 18:52:23)Bug Wrote:  What can I really say? The costumes are only on the SoF for this week I would think since they tied it in with the mad may stuff, or only until Friday when May ends.
Either I read it wrong or you did, I thought these outfits were for all of summer. :o
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-05-29 21:13:10)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2012-05-29 18:52:23)Bug Wrote:  What can I really say? The costumes are only on the SoF for this week I would think since they tied it in with the mad may stuff, or only until Friday when May ends.
Either I read it wrong or you did, I thought these outfits were for all of summer. :o

OMG, I missed that part because I only ever skim the updates I'm a tl;dr kinda person, thanks :p
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I have to say, I have never landed on red since this whole Squeal of Fortune began. I hope the outfits aren't red because it will then simply be another thing to add to my disappointment. Tongue
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

DEfinitely not a popular update regarding SoF! I agree with you guys.

Watched a few vids about the new QBD, looks interesting, saw a guy sell a Royal D'hide body for 5M on the GE instantly - awesome update day prices!
~Rinaldi//Dom~
Have a visit of my Farming Goal thread!
[Image: Signature-1.png]
Eh...I'm indifferent about this update. If I get the pieces, I won't be sad, as it's better than most of the crap I usually get, but if I don't, I won't be upset. I'm glad they're changing around the items in the SoF though, at least it keeps it kind of interesting.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I'd rather have 10M than the robes tbh. But not a bad addition, considering they need to change it up a bit to stop the SoF from being boring.
[Image: Frozn_X_Bow.png][Image: Frozn_X_Bow.png]
[Image: Frozn_X_Bow.png][Image: Frozn_X_Bow.png]
|Ex-Epidemic Member|Ex-Compton Pures Leader| Ex-Delusion Leader|
|Ex-Wilderness Guardians Member||Ex-Surreal Member|
Dragon Ceremonial looks great, new stuff they added is good, i'm pretty sick of getting 50gp or worse 3 bronze arrows.