Cryptic Clue Fest IV
Thread Closed 

Like some of you allready know, this years Cryptic Clue Fest is upon us again for the 4th time!

For those of you who are planning on doing Cryptic Clue Fest IV and thus getting the rewards, I'll update this topic daily so you can see the solution to the clues smile

Warning
if you want to solve the clues yourself:
[Image: 35q6f4.jpg]
to this thread :p

Day 1

Item clue

Lor' luv a duck! I’m on me Toblerone to find me way to deadly thrill to hop across the Granite maul. Before I go I’ll buy me a nice blue Drape from Dick. Hope I don’t end up brown bread.

Gawdon Bennet! I was standin' in the Dover Harbour, in me favaaahrite Bobby Brown of Riots Galore. I fancied Kick an’ Prance, so I decided ter visi’ Dancing Feet and he gave me a pink brush n go.

Lawd above, while on me travels I ended up in Ships Come In where I find a great rub a dub where you can find a free pig’s ear on the Cain and Abel! Nuff said!

NPC clue

The white-star & blue-shield, they house the building you must visit. A furnace to the west, a range to the east - accost the officer therein for a minute.

Solution

Items needed:
- Team 26 cape (can be bought from Richard, who is near the wilderness wall in edgeville)
- Pink Afro (can be bought from Party Pete in Falador Party Room)
- Beer (can be bought in most of the pubs, I suggest buying it in Falador Party Room though)

Bring it to:
First, take the items to Essjay (Varrock Square, near the fountain). Then you will receive the NPC clue.
As soon as you have received the clue, take to items to the Permit Officer (Estate Agent house in Falador). She'll give you the NPC clue for day 2.

Day 2

Item clue

Item 1
On the bush nearby the item, traces of an avian species was found as the items brushed past the bush
Whilst rummaging on the ground nearby, I caught a splinter in my hand which was curious - I was about 6 feet away from the nearest tree
The items had definitely seen some use and been weathered, a bluish rust was found at the scene of the hiding

Item 2
'Hidden' out by the Saradomin statue east of Varrock, the item was laid but when removed, a small damp patch lay where it sat
When the culprit removed the item, there was a struggle as if part of the item had solidified while trying to remove it
Part of the item that got left behind was a solid substance, it had turned a colour crossed between brown and orange

Item 3
Down in the Rimmington onion field the item was found, when removed again expensive gemstone dust was found
Whilst investigating the field, I found an onion uprooted with what looked like a stab wound
The crafty devil had covered his tracks with this item, I can't find anything other than the dust and the uprooted onion

NPC clue

Comestibles sold upon the shelves, a slammer and jetty nearby. Talk to the owner, and don't be a moaner, and the items he will surely supply!

Solution

Items needed:
- Mithril arrow (Can be purchased from Lowe's Archery Emporium in Varrock or bought at GE)
- Soft clay (clay can be mined directly south of Barbarian Village and turned into soft clay by using it at a well. Can also be bought at GE)
- Chisel (Can be bought in most general stores and GE)

Bring it to:
Bring the items to Wydin (no need to go to Essjay today). Wydin can be found in the foodshop in Port Sarim.

Day 3

Item clue (Click the image to see it in best resolution)

[Image: yuxYm.png]

NPC clue

Proprietor of ascending sol, a house for making merry. She'll sell you a stout, but she'll give you a shout, if it turns out you're short of a penny.

Solution

Items needed:
- Onion (Can be farmed, picked in Rimmington (Tearfull @ map) or bought at the GE)
- Leather Gloves (Can be crafted, obtained in Father Urhney's house in the Lumbridge Swamp (Handy @ map) or bought at GE)
- Spade (Estate Agent house in Falador, east of the furnace (Dig @ map) or bought at the GE)
- Earth Rune (At the wilderness wall north of Varrock Palace (Muddy @ map) or bought at the GE)

Bring it to:
Bring the items to Emily (Rising Sun Inn bar at Falador, near west bank)

Day 4

Item clue

Mod Timbo had invited 6 of the most prominent figures in all of RuneScape to a garden party, giving them time to relax in the sun with Wizard Mind Bombs and a buffet of freshly caught seafood from the coast of Catherby. Unbeknown to each of Timbo's guests, it was a ruse in order to blackmail each of them into giving up their rare items without having to fight them first! Timbo had acquired secrets about each, they were:

Nomad - What people think is Nomad is actually a scheming Dwarf called Honeydew inside a mechanical suit
Nex - While she was young, she practiced the ways of Saradomin before converting to Zaros
Lucien - Only stole the Stone of Jas to impress a lady and it all suddenly got out of hand but needed to continue impressing her
Wise Old Man - Uses magic to convince everyone that he's old when he's actually only 24 years old
Lord Drakan - Has hidden himself from public view due to him enjoying Twilight and being unable to face another since
Bank Clark - Using his inner knowledge of the Bank of RuneScape system, he has been siphoning off cabbages to fuel his addiction to the delicious vegetable

Aghast with this news, each of Timbo's guests were filled with anger and embarassment. Not wanting to cause a fuss at such a prestigious party, they each decided to not to give Timbo a present that they were planning on presenting at the end of the evening. Using their combat abilities would have been too easy but the denial of presents was something that they thought would definitely hit the right spot. The withheld presents were:

Nomad - An Iron pickaxe, the exact pickaxe that dug all of the underneath of Soul Wars
Nex - An Uncut sapphire, one of her favourite gemstones
Lucien - 10 Body runes, Lucien always thought a Disruption Shield would be useful in dire needs but wanted to give them out to a good friend
Wise Old Man - A Cowhide, a reminder of the 'good old days' of Gielinor
Lord Drakan - A Meat pizza, not quite the diet of Vampyre lords but delicious nevertheless
Bank Clark - A Cabbage, as part of his Cabbaholic Anonymous program he needs to handle them without eating one

The party carried on, guests and Timbo alike drank Gnomish cocktails and continued to eat specialty Rabbit sandwiches from Burthorpe. That was until three blood-curdling screeches could be heard from inside of the mansion. "Murder!" the waiter cried, "Murder in Timbo Mansion!". It was true, three people had been killed and only the guests could be to blame! Timbo gathered everyone, staff and guests included, at the Garden Party area for an emergency meeting. "Friends and guests, we have a murderer loose amongst the house!" Gasps came from all present, an elderly maid fainted in the background. "I am afraid to admit that we do not know who or where these murders were committed. We're bringing in a crack team of investigators who will be able to solve this. Bring in... THE PLAYERS."

NOTE: Each part of the house has clickable sentences which include hints. The hints can be seen here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=...5,63754740

Conservatory (Click to View)
[spoilerYahooining Room]
It would be more appropriate to call this a Dining Hall, a resplendent dining table runs through the room like a wooden river able to sit up to 40 guests. It seems as if the laying of the table was disrupted, a pile of clean plates and napkins sits at the end. The head chair looks overly majestic, it seems as if Timbo is a bit pompous.

[/spoiler]

NPC clue

A man who deals in quality cloths, a person with whom you can barter. If you can handle the sand, just try your hand and see if he's got what you're after.

Solution

Items needed:
- 10 body runes (can be crafted or bought at GE)
- Meat pizza (can be player-made or bought at GE)
- Cabbage (can be picked at Falador Cabbage Field, Monastery or bought at GE)

Bring it to:
Silk Trader in Al Kharid (north of Al-Kharid Lodestone)

Day 5

Item clue

Clue 1:
We hear the prenom of Robert from 802 for this offspring. (3)
A shortened friendslist which is initially under royal oath ambiguously is milled. (5)
This drink is fit for a thousand Empress of England who is missing mad Mat, but has the K. (4)

Clue 2:
Aethelred roughly lost his quick elemental shield in this stitch up. (6)
Point north east as these eight kings take fifty east. (6)
Particularly tough Aethelred without Edward about for this armour. (4,7)

Clue 3:
Fifty opulent Georges initially a bit wooden (3)
Like copper the 500th Queen fights with fists for this firemaker (9)
This great can't read about the start of our own royal ground (6)

NPC clue

Of green complexion and a rather hooked nose, she has a curious smile. She can mix you a potion without a commotion, but her bubbling broth smells quite vile.

Solution

Items needed:
- Cake (can be player-made with an egg, milk and wheat or bought at GE)
- Hardleather body (can be player-made with a needle, thread and hard leather or bought at GE)
- Ashes (can be obtained by lighting a fire and waiting for it to end, picked up from other fires or bought at GE)

Bring it to:
Hetty the witch (house in Rimmington, east of the well)
Once this is done, go get your reward! (for more details, see the reward-section below)

Rewards
First you'll need to speak to Essjay in Varrock Centre. As soon as you've spoken with her, you'll see a cutscene of the queen entering Varrock. After the cutscene, talk to Big Ben (dirrectly east of Essjay) to collect your reward.
For all players:
[Image: zxl1R.png]
Diamond sceptre

Members only:
[Image: Yu2EZ.png]
Diamond crown
[Image: UvXSfs2.png]
[Image: kCsmlGL.jpg][Image: user1-dark.png]
Take a look at my awesome G&A-thread here!
Annual Surreal Awards 2016 (Click to View)
Oh nice idea Change, thanks for this. Biggrin
I will probably not do them myself though.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Thanks Change
I'll be doing it when its done to get everything done at once
Do you know how many days it will be?
Great, thank you for this Change! I'll surely put it to use. I'm not a big clue solver myself.
Nice that you are updating this, makes it pretty easy for anyone interested smile

I won't be doing it myself though, believe it or not I have never done a clue fest to date lol
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Updated for day 2 (today) smile

(2012-06-02 16:52:32)Kniight Lost Wrote:  Thanks Change
I'll be doing it when its done to get everything done at once
Do you know how many days it will be?

It will last for 5 days, so 5 clues. But after these 5 days you will still have a couple of days to complete Cryptic Clue Fest IV smile
Day 3 has been updated and the NPC clue for day 4 has also been added smile
Sorry for the delay today
All caught up so far. Looking forward to the rewards.
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

[Image: annie_league_of_legends_signature_by_chi...4ylyti.png]

[Image: L7adChF.png]

Thanks Change smile I'll probably do them all in one hit on day 5!
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Day 4 is now online aswell smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Novtumber Fest Tokens - Free to a Good Home sorchaflaith 2 2,936 2017-10-29 04:18:59
Last Post: sorchaflaith
  Clue Scroll Tournament sorchaflaith 5 4,115 2017-04-20 02:21:00
Last Post: Kakerrot
  984M Clue... Neeson 9 5,594 2016-06-02 03:08:28
Last Post: Dave
  5 clue scrolls at once Jerome 1 2,604 2014-06-17 20:04:20
Last Post: Jonathan
  Clue scroll help. Rawries 1 2,286 2013-04-05 16:23:03
Last Post: Mini Kniight