Combat: Buffs and Weaknesses
Thread Closed 

Combat HQ

The Combat HQ has been updated with tantalising teasers of buffs and weaknesses, and how they’ll behave in the new combat system!

[Image: bnw2-08135709.jpg]

Buffs and Weaknesses have existed in RuneScape for a long time; we’ve had potions from Herblore, and plenty of stuns and binds from Magic abilities. However, with the addition of a wide variety of new abilities there are plenty more that you’ll want to keep an eye on. The Evolution of Combat will see a new interface showing buffs and weaknesses not only on yourself, but also for your current target or foe. With so many effects - such as damage-over-time, temporary damage boosts, and many more - you're going to need it!
There’ll also be changes to a whole host of RuneScape inhabitants to ensure that when a creature is weak to fire damage or stronger against ranged attacks, for example, it will have a more significant effect - particularly on your combat style and equipment setup. To find out more about these exciting changes, head over to the Combat HQ.

Behind the Scenes

Along with the Combat HQ update we’ve got another fantastic instalment of the Behind the Scenes on video. Check out the Crucible (The return of Bounty Hunter), and take a closer look at some of the Evolution of Combat changes, including buffs and weaknesses.

If you like this video then check out our other BTS videos on our YouTube Channel as well as RuneCast – a fortnightly round up of what’s going on in RuneScape.

The RuneScape Team
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
Next weeks one is ganna be good, we'll be able to hopefully see the new action bar Biggrin
This is exciting, I can't wait to see how it looks!
:: Maxed Combat - 14 Skill Capes
[Image: scaled.php?server=804&filename=chazsig.png&res=landing]
Life's good, you know I ain't going to lie. I'm going to light it up like the 4th of July.
If I can keep it up, I ain't sleeping tonight cuz up till now it's been a hell of a ride.
I wanna see the action bar now! Looks very good can't wait for all this to come out!
Looking awesome. I'm really excited for this, definitely happy I got into the Beta.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Did anyone else notice the 139 combat level?
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

[Image: annie_league_of_legends_signature_by_chi...4ylyti.png]

[Image: L7adChF.png]

I cant get the video to play at all and it's pissing me off. But reading the stuff combat is gonna get a lot more complicated it seems.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
eh not a fan of this at all
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,668 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,591 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,656 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  Evolution of Combat l Zephyr l 12 7,975 2012-11-27 18:28:24
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  Evolution of Combat Launches 20th November! AlchemyHawk 23 13,499 2012-11-09 14:18:08
Last Post: Dick