Poll: What do you think of this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
7 46.67%
4 - It's pretty good
3 20.00%
3 - Not bad
0 0%
2 - Could be better
1 6.67%
1 - Not worth it
0 0%
0 - Hate it
2 13.33%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Evolution of Combat Beta – Live!
Thread Closed 

(2012-06-27 04:31:08)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2012-06-27 00:16:22)Joeym4692 Wrote:  I can't wait to be able to play it, now i gotta really hurry and get 99 rc quick so i can leave the runespan when this goes live,
i hate being busy :/
You have like 3 months for that. Tongue

3 Months indeed, but with the kids and working a lot, im not playing as much as i would like to
I voted "It's pretty good." The new system brings a whole never level of interest in combat, just as I had thought it would, but it certainly needs it's tweaks throughout the beta stage to perfect it!
Rip dg.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
This honestly as a big an impact on skilling as it does on combat, and it will be making things way easier. I have conflicting feelings about that. :s
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

To give evidence for what you just said, Micah...

I liked a system where the more effort you put in the more experience you get.. Hoping this gets adjusted before the real release because while things don't necessarily get quicker, they definitely get easier like you say...

It's no longer possible to chin at ape toll for experience unless you keep a really low defence level- they're like level 104 or something. So if you're after 99 range any time in the future I'd suggest trying it before the new combat Wink Plus chins are crashing with all the panic selling.
(2012-06-27 21:44:51)Portus Wrote:  It's no longer possible to chin at ape toll for experience unless you keep a really low defence level- they're like level 104 or something. So if you're after 99 range any time in the future I'd suggest trying it before the new combat Wink Plus chins are crashing with all the panic selling.

A quote from Mod Rathe on the forums:

Quote:The XP reduction kicks in based on comparing your offensive stat to the enemy Defence level, and in fact does not use your overall combat level. Here is an example:

I have 99 Attack, 99 Defence and 1 Magic.
I Mage an NPC with 50 Defence, and I have selected to Mage defensively, so gaining Magic and Defence XP.
Let's say this NPC awards 200 XP, therefore 50% (100 XP) is for Magic and 50% (100 XP) is for Defence.
My Defence skill is more than 30 levels above the NPC so this XP is reduced down to 10% (10 XP).
However, my Magic skill is less than 30 levels away from the NPC so I get 100% of my Magic XP (100 XP).
I am awarded 10 Defence XP and 100 Magic XP.
The reduction is only applied down, never up. So if I kill an NPC that is 50 levels higher than my offence and defence skill, I will be awarded 100% of the XP.
However, if my offence and defence skills are 30+ levels above the NPC I kill, I shall only be awarded 10% of the XP.

I'm not able to check any of this out myself, but my understanding of this is that your defence level doesn't ever factor in to the xp reduction; it's your range lvl vs the monster's defence.

But I'm really just splitting hairs here because it's pretty certain that those skeletons still have low enough defence to render the method ineffective. I think it's likely that that item was overlooked initially and that it will be addressed before the beta is over, but since they're taking a hit I'm going to go ahead and buy some to finish off 99 range. Thanks for the tip.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Oo interesting, thank you smile I guess training on low levelled monsters is what the update is attempting to target here and chinning really is a prime example of this though.. I'd be surprised myself if their levels were boosted enough for us level 200s to train on em again.
I like the beta, it is pretty cool, there are a few glitches with the kiln cape and some of the costume items from loyalty shop but its pretty funny. I've also seen head glitches, like when you use to be able to glitch your head with the slayer earmuffs and mask. I've only tested out a few of the abilities and read most of them and they all seem very useful in their own way. It is a little confusing what they did to the magic tab, but after a while you get used to it and understand it a bit better. Jay and I also noticed that when you walk the guys look like they have swag and the girls swing their hips like models. Tbh we were dying laughing it was too funny XD. I also noticed that when you aren't wearing any armour your LP are 990, like usual. But if you put armour on your LP stay 990 and flash red as if you were dying, and have to eat/drink pots for your LP to go up. I'm not sure if its like that already on the actual game, or if its only on the beta and if they are going to fix that.
[Image: FV39kOB.gif]
(2012-06-28 00:48:45)Portus Wrote:  Oo interesting, thank you smile I guess training on low levelled monsters is what the update is attempting to target here and chinning really is a prime example of this though.. I'd be surprised myself if their levels were boosted enough for us level 200s to train on em again.

You won't be able to get the absurd xp rates with chins that you do at ape atoll, but it's still entirely possible that there's a good training method for them in the context of the new combat system. But I'll let someone else figure it out for me.

(2012-06-28 01:23:24)Lexy Wrote:  I like the beta, it is pretty cool, there are a few glitches with the kiln cape and some of the costume items from loyalty shop but its pretty funny. I've also seen head glitches, like when you use to be able to glitch your head with the slayer earmuffs and mask. I've only tested out a few of the abilities and read most of them and they all seem very useful in their own way. It is a little confusing what they did to the magic tab, but after a while you get used to it and understand it a bit better. Jay and I also noticed that when you walk the guys look like they have swag and the girls swing their hips like models. Tbh we were dying laughing it was too funny XD. I also noticed that when you aren't wearing any armour your LP are 990, like usual. But if you put armour on your LP stay 990 and flash red as if you were dying, and have to eat/drink pots for your LP to go up. I'm not sure if its like that already on the actual game, or if its only on the beta and if they are going to fix that.

Currently you can boost max lp by adding logs to a fire. It works the same way but it's less drastic when the difference is only 99 lp.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I'm not involved with the beta testing but I am looking forward to new combat system when it's introduced.
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,667 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  Divination Skill - Now Live {Aug 20th} Bug 2 2,906 2013-08-29 20:10:34
Last Post: Bug
  BTS #63 - Runescape 3 Goes Live Wader 0 1,951 2013-07-26 21:06:34
Last Post: Wader
  Beta Screenshots Chris J Y 20 12,762 2013-04-19 18:24:58
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  Runescape 3 Beta Clifford 44 24,127 2013-04-18 11:07:18
Last Post: Michael