Poll: What do you think of this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 16.67%
4 - It's pretty good
2 16.67%
3 - Not bad
2 16.67%
2 - Could be better
0 0%
1 - Not worth it
2 16.67%
0 - Hate it
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Social Slayer & Gielinor Games Preparation
Thread Closed 

Social Slayer

Nothing brings people together like facing down a ravening horde of bloodvelds. As such, from today, you'll be able to pair up into two-player groups to take on slayer tasks.

To team up, simply use your enchanted gem or slayer ring on the player you wish to invite, or use the gem or ring's new 'co-op' right-click option and enter their name when prompted. As long as neither of you are on an active slayer task, or if you're on the same slayer task, you'll invite them to join your group. Note that you must be on the same world to team up.

Targets killed by you or your slayer partner will count towards your current task's kill count. Combat and Slayer XP won't be shared between you, but you'll burn through tasks in half the time and competition for kills will be less fierce.

Each time you complete a task in a slayer group, you'll earn a co-op point. These new points can be spent in the Slayer Rewards Store, accessible from any slayer master by right-clicking and selecting the 'rewards' option, and then selecting the 'co-op' tab. These rewards include two new pets: a cute - if slimy - baby aquanite, and a tiny strykewyrm by the name of Freezy. As well as this, you can unlock the permanent ability to share potion effects: drink a potion while your slayer partner is nearby, and they'll be granted half of the full bonus that the potion imparted to you. The ability to heal your group partner by using food items on them can also be unlocked. These two functions can only be used in designated slayer areas and while in a group, but they're a handy way to help out if your friend's flagging.

Friends who slay together stay together, so buddy up and cut a two-way swathe through RuneScape's monster population!

Requirements

You and your Slayer partner must be members.
You must either have no active slayer tasks, or you must be on the same slayer task.
You must both have completed at least one slayer task.

Mod Ana

Preparing for the Gielinor Games

Preparations are proceeding apace for the Gielinor Games: a multicultural sporting spectacular that will bring the denizens of Gielinor together for a contest of endurance, dexterity and...well...cheese rolling.

Beleaguered site foreman Oomad Arrow needs all hands on deck. Free players and members alike can pitch in, making medals, producing construction components (only for members), and creating fine fusion cuisine; all vital for making the Gielinor Games an event to remember.

Speak to Oomad Arrow in Varrock square to get started. You can complete each of these three tasks once per day, each day until the Gielinor Games begin. You’ll earn plenty of Smithing, Mining, Cooking and Construction XP (for members) for helping out, as well as contribution points, which can be spent on some athletically themed rewards once the games kick off. Be sure to visit Oomad’s shop for a sneak preview!

Mod Dylan

In Other News

You can now access the Slayer rewards shop without having completed Smoking Kills. However, you must still have completed the quest to buy anything other than the new co-op rewards.
If you've had your private chat settings set to 'off' for a very long time, you may find that Slayer group invites are not blocked. To fix this, simply change your private chat to another setting, and then change it back to 'off'.

Discuss this here.

View the Patch Notes Archive here.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

doesnt really affect my gameplay because i only do slayer with lamps =]
Doesn't bother me as I never slay.
Cheese rolling?

I'm in! Good
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Sounds fairly interesting, probably won't be taking part though.

I give it a 2.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Quite fun, they need to solve that if you have only 1 monster left for the both of you, you cannot attack both a monster what results in not being able to kill it for 1 person. Also the points given is rather unbalanced as you get 1 point per task, no matter what slayer master you choose.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
dosnt bother me any.. ill be slaying soon enough but ill prolly just stay on my own with it
Slowly Jagex is adding parties to Runescape. Looking forward to future updates like this since I'm not too big of a slayer Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,143 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Thrones of Gielinor - RS Movie Nick 6 4,939 2015-08-23 18:16:40
Last Post: Jonathan
  [Update]Winter Weekends - Slayer and Bosses Ava 0 2,184 2014-12-28 19:41:22
Last Post: Ava
  Slayer Questions AlchemyHawk 5 4,622 2014-03-03 21:25:38
Last Post: Gatrie
  Slayer Questions Dave 4 4,223 2014-01-16 04:55:41
Last Post: Gohankuten