[Read] ty JAG
Thread Closed 

So... Today I was busy moving into my school apartment so didn't have time much to try and log on until....

BOOM "your password is incorrect"

My password is incorrect? Say whaaaat....?

So now i'm really confused so, I take the first thought and think... well.... I guess i'll go change my password then.... So I enter my username and what now and "An email has been sent to your email address"

Alright sweet, let's go check that bad boy out.

*Attempt to log on to my AOL Account*

*Password incorrect* Whaaaaaat?

SO, somehow, this little mother firetrucker, figured out my AOL password (which keep in mind is 100% unique to all my passwords, absolutely nothing else uses the same pass as this AOL account).

So, let's go to *forgot my password*

Bam, use the special codes I have to successfully give me back my email account.

So, next Go ahead and finish the Runescape pass change... attempt to log in.... and get this

[Image: XBNAb.png]

Now, the fact that *This is a new Device*, that is ok. because this actually is a new device. The key thing I want you to see is that failing questions attempts too many times so it's locked.

So, moral of the story... Thank firetrucking god for JAG. UNLESS someone saw me log in today, then firetruck me.

More info: So for more info, I went into and looked at my account activity on my email account and came up with this:
[Image: 1KCip]

Yup, my password was changed ~5am...... (8:16pm was me)

So, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
I absolutely have firetrucking no idea. The password for this email is solely unique across everything I use.

So, moral of the story: Firetrucking use JAG

Question for the story: How the firetrucking firetruck did this guy get my firetrucking password. (Theory: Rainbow table)

MORE INFORMATION: Motherfiretrucker changed my dropbox password.
UPDATE: got my dropbox back, thankfully the mother firetrucker didn't delete anything

tl ; dr
worst day ever
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
Wow that really sucks. :O At least you got everything back without any damage done, still..scary. :S
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

mother fucker

Should use Googles 2 step verification thingy.

But its good you are safe.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Pretty much what happened to me except JAG didn't exist when my email was stolen which led to my account being hacked aswell.

Glad everything is working out for you.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Glad to see you were able to recover everything. It's crap that there's still idiots around that think it's fun to screw with other peoples accounts though :/
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Happy to see everything is safe, but what a terrible turn of events Sad
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Wow sucks this happened to you mate, glad everything is ok
Hey Drew.

Yes JAG is very useful for protecting your RS account.
Good luck with everything.

Hey, do me a favour? There's a bit too many f-bombs and although I can see they're fully justified and I don't mind them myself, perhaps for the sake of the more "prudish" you may like to tidy it up. Grin
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Jon's so adorable (:

Glad your account is safe Drew! Must've been nerve racking!
This is why I have my JAG email being a gmail account I use solely for RS so there is noway someone will be able to find my email to get hold of my rs account. That and the 2 step verification helps prevent my account from being hacked as well since I will know immediately if someone trys to access my gmail account. But yes JAG has made me feel a hell of a lot more secure for my account.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]