BTS #54 - God Emissaries
Thread Closed 

@iWader on Twitter.
@@@@@@@@@GO SARA@@@@@@@@@

I'm totally geekin out.
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Zaros will win and the hypocrite Saradoloser shall fall.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2013-05-25 00:36:51)Gohankuten Wrote:  Zaros will win and the hypocrite Saradoloser shall fall.
Yes, zaros ftw!! <3
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Team Zaros for lyf.
Godless m8.
Psh. I liked Zaros before it was cool. Tongue
[Image: Dreggstar.png]
"... is driving me mad. The images are broken. GOOD GOD FIX IT LOLOL "
Hey guys,

I poking around on the RS forums and found a really nice summary of the gods by a player named "Hazeel stark".

I think RS lore is pretty interesting smile

Quote:Zaros: Known to be the God of control and manipulation. He has been described by Jagex as 'Machiavellian' which means he is willing to commit unjust acts and manipulation to maintain power. Whether you find this to be a necessary part of ruling and maintaining control for the greater good of people, or whether he's a greedy, grasping dictator who cares nothing for others is reliant on your own interpretation.

I think his system of rule would be rather like the Tudor courts where your powers of persuasion and manipulative self preservation basically allows you to gain power or lose your life.

Zamorak: The God of chaos. He was once the most powerful Mahjarret and had the sheer audacity and, undeniably, bravery to attack a tier two God, albeit with the assistance of an elder weapon. The elder weapon that nearly killed Zaros pas Zaros' power over to him, and now they're both Gods with equal power. He is known to have betrayed Zaros and set up at chain reaction that caused the God Wars. Did the destruction of a continent constitute a great crime, or was it intended t osave lives?= in the long run?

However, it is not specified in lore what his motives were, was he the liberator who rebelled against the oppression of a horrific dictator is an open question at this point. Freedom fighter or ambitious back stabber is the key moral question.

Guthix = Godless. Brought many races to Gielinor. Wanted them to live in peace without fearing the destruction of the Gods. He was naive enough to believe the Gods wouldn't find Gielinor. He was very powerful but hated his own existence. On a moral bases he (spoiler) let himself die for the sake of his moral integrity. He saw first hand the destruction of the God wars and believed no peace can exist with Gods interfering.

However letting himself die has left Gielinor exposed to the threat of the Gods, not a good move for the well being of his followers.

Saradomin: the God of order. Look at how his society is structure on Runescape today in cities such as Varrock, Falador and Lumbridge and you see why people flock to his way of life. Peace, to him, can only be achieved by enforcing social rules on society that are considered to be morally abhorrent to break. Well structured and civil society has no place for the less savoury creatures; demons, Goblins, Mahjarret etc as they all have the tendancy to comit evil, in Saradomin's eyes. Who wants a Mahjarret running around killing in the name of his false, evil God right?

However, he believes that the end justifies the means, and the old proverb 'two wrongs don't make a right' come into play. He is intolerant of those he considers 'evil', and is extremely vindictive to those who do not follow his path. Do you consider this as necessary to maintain order and peace or do you think that all creatures should be considered equal, regardless of a less tame and destructive nature?

Armadyl: Not much is known. He is the God of Law and does not like to commit violence without just cause. Jagex mentions freedom with him, and this can be seen as a good thing.

However, how is one person dictating Law a good thing for freedom? Why did he abandon his human followers when the Avaintese died? Cowardice could be inferred by the more cynical.

Seren: Largely unknown. Seems peaceful, loves nature, loved Guthix, protects elves.

She disobeyed Guthix by not leaving Gielinor.

Bandos: The God of War. Largely unknown however has caused much destruction, even the destruction of species and planets. Loves war. Despite his followers, not stupid, nearly got past Guthix's edicts. Lke his followers to be unintelligent.

We'll have to see how Jagex defends this, but one could point out war can be used for both good and bad, and that it is the aim of a war not the war itself that defines its morality.

Sliske: ****** bag.

Also, this rap battle?

Phil, I think you could do better.

My face was like this the whole time This
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
I could do better.
Ava you can't fully go off of what Hazeel says. He is a fairly biased Zamorakian if you noticed so he skews the facts or lies about them. Basically just wait for the emissaries to come out and talk to each of them to fully find out about their god. Though of course each emissary is biased to their own god it at least gives you input from a followers own perspective on their god instead of someone who blatantly distorts information about the other gods.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]