Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
1 16.67%
4 - It's pretty good.
1 16.67%
3 - Not bad.
3 50.00%
2 - Could be better.
1 16.67%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Triskelion Treasures
Thread Closed 

Triskelion Treasures (members only)

We've a real treat in store for treasure hunters today: the crystal triskelion key, which - when completed - will lead you to a cache of hidden loot that's sure to make your day.

You can find the three pieces of the triskelion around the RuneScape world during high-level (mostly 80+) members' activities. When you find all three pieces, you can combine them into the completed crystal triskelion key. When you've done so, you can use the triskelion's 'locate' function to get directions to the treasure trove it unlocks. Keep your eyes peeled - it might not be easy to spot!

The pieces of the triskelion aren't tradeable, so you'll have to have to find them under your own steam. Any of the following activities can yield a piece:

Killing most monsters which require level 80+ Slayer.
Killing monsters which use the rare drop table.
Smithing mithril to adamant ceremonial swords in the Artisans' Workshop, with a score of at least 80%.
Harvesting a wishing well fruit.
Pickpocketing elves and dwarf traders.
Chopping elder evil trees.
Hunting kingly implings.
Find the chest, crack it open and its lucrative loot will be yours. Each stash is different, but there's a chance to get valuable ore, logs, gems, seeds and - as long as you're not already at your limit - an ancient effigy.

[Image: Dragonstone_Armour-11114052.png]

There's also the chance to pick up pieces of the new dragonstone armour. This prestigious set of level 50 hybrid armour not only looks grand, but is universally useful regardless of the styles you and your opponent are using. Although you need to be a member to find the triskelion and loot the chest, the dragonstone armour is tradeable on the Grand Exchange, and usable by both free players and members.

Last - but not least - we've also updated the loot available in the crystal key chest. Collect both halves of the key and open the chest in Taverley, and you'll likely find that your returns will be better than before. There's even a small chance to pick up a piece of dragonstone armour.

Happy treasure hunting!

In Other News:

Today sees the release of Strongarm and Arcane skilling animation on Solomon's General Store, but there'll be a delay before they're available in the store. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes, and thank you for your patience. They'll be available later today.
Build XP lamps related to different genie tribes - emphasising skills of your choice - or combine them into the all-encompassing Lamp of the Djinn in this week's Squeal of Fortune update! More information to come on Friday.
Wilderness Warbands have undergone the following changes:
Items looted from a warband camp are now dropped on death, and can be picked up by PKers. Players can still only acquire (via camps or via PvP) 75 per day.
Players will lose any warband items they currently hold if they try to log into the Wilderness.
Quercus will now trade the items retrieved from a warband camp for either XP (as before) or for 4000 coins each.
Each camp now only has 1000 lootable items - first come, first served!
Warbands events are now synchronised across all worlds, with one starting every 7 hours.
AOE spells have been altered to function as they did previously:
AOE spells now deal slightly less damage to non-main targets.
Blood spells now heal 5% damage dealt against main targets (as before), and 3% against other targets.
Soul Split now heals 10% damage dealt against main targets (as before), and 5% against other targets.
In line with the above, Commander Zilyana has also undergone the following changes:
Commander Zilyana now becomes enraged if attacked consistently with blood spells.
Fixed a bug with Commander Zilyana not using her configured magical strength.
Tweaked Commander Zilyana's defensive values and weaknesses.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Lets see how long it takes me to get a key considering I do like none of those things.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Eh, pretty boring update but I'll give it a go and see what I get.
[Image: rawries.png]
I'm trying it out atm, very difficult to get keys (4 slayer tasks of 80+ level monsters) and no pieces.

It's like a super elite clue scroll or something, I like it.
feels pretty plan to me atm, not much excitement farming the keys, would have been better if they only stuck with the 80+ lvl skills to get it. Crystal Keys to get it is the way to go atm, thats no fun. Im just bitter im farming at gano beast and havent gotten anything lol
I got a key piece after 7 slayer tasks. HARD
You've really got to go out of your way to get this stuff, eh?
I wonder if the reward is worth the trouble?
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
It's good that it isn't easy, if it isn't tradable and requires very specific activities to come across the keys then it will prolong the search, keeping people busy till the next big update and increase the prestige of someone who has obtained the entire set.

I don't really like the design, but it's good that this could possibly be another money maker. I think what sparked their idea and I'm purely going off of my own assumtion, is the popularity of treasure trails that is happening in rs07 at the moment as a money maker and they might of wanted to bring back a similar idea as well as get people using some content that was dying a bit. I'm rambling anyway, but as a last thought, I think it might of been alright if you just had to do treasure trails, and maybe lvl 2 or higher clues had a decent chance of giving you a key.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
(2013-06-11 17:32:55)Exbajalator Wrote:  It's good that it isn't easy, if it isn't tradable and requires very specific activities to come across the keys then it will prolong the search, keeping people busy till the next big update and increase the prestige of someone who has obtained the entire set.

I don't really like the design, but it's good that this could possibly be another money maker. I think what sparked their idea and I'm purely going off of my own assumtion, is the popularity of treasure trails that is happening in rs07 at the moment as a money maker and they might of wanted to bring back a similar idea as well as get people using some content that was dying a bit. I'm rambling anyway, but as a last thought, I think it might of been alright if you just had to do treasure trails, and maybe lvl 2 or higher clues had a decent chance of giving you a key.

That may have been part of it. But there was an rsof thread some time ago where they were asking for feedback on the crystal keys and how to make it better, and the replies mostly said make them untradeable/more rare and that they have nothing unique anymore since there are other ways to get dragonstones. All things they seem to have taken into account with this update.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTS #56 - Triskellion Treasures Wader 0 1,956 2013-06-08 10:19:54
Last Post: Wader