Dead Content Trees
Thread Closed 

5 mins into update... dead content. Need i say more.
@iWader on Twitter.
Agreed.
I haven't been on. Hats happened. I know new trees are out. But are they seriously no one there
(2013-10-08 16:31:38)Danny Wrote:  Agreed.
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop
So true, unless you actually need 99 fm or something lol.
The Elder trees will be dead content, although I think the Crystal trees provide a better alternative to afk exp than Ivy does so they'll still be used frequently.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
(2013-10-08 16:51:27)Killians Red Wrote:  I haven't been on. Hats happened. I know new trees are out. But are they seriously no one there

Its not that no ones there, its the fact its not the fastest xp in the game like jagex said, its just the "best" xp per chop.

(2013-10-09 05:51:37)Tayze Wrote:  The Elder trees will be dead content, although I think the Crystal trees provide a better alternative to afk exp than Ivy does so they'll still be used frequently.

The xp rate is ~10k slower than ivy when debs was timing it and the elder trees took forever to cut. Not sure if its just the fact jagex didnt test it (as always) or if its actually meant to be slower
@iWader on Twitter.
(2013-10-09 07:25:48)Wader Wrote:  
(2013-10-09 05:51:37)Tayze Wrote:  The Elder trees will be dead content, although I think the Crystal trees provide a better alternative to afk exp than Ivy does so they'll still be used frequently.

The xp rate is ~10k slower than ivy when debs was timing it and the elder trees took forever to cut. Not sure if its just the fact jagex didnt test it (as always) or if its actually meant to be slower

Oh really? I didn't test any exp rates, but it did feel like I was getting faster exp on Crystal trees than Ivy. I guess that's nothing to base opinion on though. I might trial an hour of each today or tomorrow and see what the results are. Elder trees are terrible though.. very, very slow log retrieval.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
(2013-10-09 07:33:27)Tayze Wrote:  
(2013-10-09 07:25:48)Wader Wrote:  

Oh really? I didn't test any exp rates, but it did feel like I was getting faster exp on Crystal trees than Ivy. I guess that's nothing to base opinion on though. I might trial an hour of each today or tomorrow and see what the results are. Elder trees are terrible though.. very, very slow log retrieval.

The elder tress's weren't too slow in getting 10 logs with my D hatchet, was just the fact that I was only getting (at most) 10 logs and then having to go to a different elder tree. Don't really fancy going all around RS in a cycle after elder trees just for the logs.
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop