Tuska world event
Thread Closed 

Just about half an hour ago my RuneScape window started shaking and went blue. Other people who were online will agree that it was kind of weird to see! Biggrin Apparently this is part of the upcoming Tuska world event and I thought it'd be a good idea to create a thread for it so we can talk about anything we find out about it. Biggrin

Right now there is a a weird big 'crashed rock' South of Barbarian Village. You can mine it and 'Strange insects' come out of it. Mining the rock and killing the insects gives you 'Meteor shards'. I don't think their purpose has been discovered yet, but their examine says: "The shard hums with an energy both familiar and unsettling."
Spooky! Tongue

My guess is more of these rocks will fall and that our screens will be acting weird a couple of times again! The event seems to have been planned for the first of June, according to the wiki page, so maybe a new rock every day?

Post your thoughts and anything you find out in this thread! Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]
We mined through the rock, it blew up and a bug came out with a "lure" option. Tried luring it to wizard tower, lumb crater, varrock, and lumby, but none of those did anything. People were saying to bring it to airuts, but it disappeared before we could make it Sad Hopefully this happens again :p
[Image: 7Dcm6Tw.png]
Thanks for sharing! Biggrin

The reason I think there will be more of those rocks is simply that it was quite cool and shocking to see. I think Jagex would want everyone to see that. Tongue If that bug disappeared, it only seems to be logical there would be more rocks. Biggrin

Oh, something just came in from the Clan Chat! @Joseph@ seems to have just found another meteor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZofIl1Yjw

the cut scene smile
Oh, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing! Biggrin

Quite lucky that someone was recording right when it happened. Tongue I didn't even notice everyone fell down. How could I have missed that!? XD
[Image: 1rp21k.png]

Playing keep away with the insect Grin
Looks like its going to be a great world event!
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
@Joseph@
That looks fun! Tongue But I quite agree with you that it's rather ugly. XD

@Shawn@
It sure does! Biggrin I'm quite curious to what this will bring. This is my first world event and it seems like a lot of fun! Biggrin
it looks like this is what happens when you get the bug to airuts:
[Image: 8076ebbd92.jpg]

from the looks of it, someone solo dragged it on a spanish world lol
[Image: 7Dcm6Tw.png]
Interesting.
[Image: Nevyn.png]

Hi “Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”  - Oscar Scott Card  King2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next Weeks PVM Event Niickelodeon 15 9,570 2018-10-14 20:08:53
Last Post: Niickelodeon
  Weekly Bossing Event Poll (Pick 2) (Read Below) Avernicius 4 3,619 2018-04-16 16:38:58
Last Post: 1st Princess
  Poll: Soul Wars Event - Yes or No sorchaflaith 7 5,487 2018-02-20 00:55:42
Last Post: Jerome
  Weekly Bossing Event Poll (Closed) [Read Below] Avernicius 6 4,521 2018-01-21 10:19:57
Last Post: Jerome
  [Update] Festive Cheer - Christmas Event Ava 0 2,389 2014-12-01 17:59:59
Last Post: Ava