Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle
Thread Closed 

As some of you may or may not know, JaGex not only attacked bots through their coding changes recently, but also took legal action against the developers. The Snellman brothers, makers and owners of several Runescape botting/cheating websites, issued this letter today to their website members, detailing the result of this case.

[Image: 6pw7q0.jpg]

All I can say is. Niiiiiiiiiice.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Wow! Nice find Eval!

That's awesome news! Well done Jagex Biggrin.
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
Thanks for that Evaluate, always nice to see botters and bot-makers getting a kick up the rear end smile
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Wow, sounds like they got what was coming! I seriously couldn't stand botters, and I'm really happy to see that Jagex is doing something about them now. It's a complete turn around from what we were used to seeing this time last year. Great job Jagex! <3
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Nice find, awesome that not only did they got owned but they realized all the the harm they did. smile

Also Jordan, it says they were fighting against Jagex in court for the past 2 years, which shows that Jagex was working on battling bots (developing the Bot Nuke too) last year, though I agree they might have gone about it a bit better.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-01-21 17:23:08)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Nice find, awesome that not only did they got owned but they realized all the the harm they did. smile

Also Jordan, it says they were fighting against Jagex in court for the past 2 years, which shows that Jagex was working on battling bots (developing the Bot Nuke too) last year, though I agree they might have gone about it a bit better.

Yeah, I'm just saying the game is a totally different experience now, which is good. Tongue
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Thanks for the update, Luke! It's good to see justice has been served. Not to sound too corny there, haha. But seriously, this is awesome news. ^_^
(2012-01-21 17:31:18)Downfall Wrote:  
(2012-01-21 17:23:08)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Nice find, awesome that not only did they got owned but they realized all the the harm they did. smile

Yeah, I'm just saying the game is a totally different experience now, which is good. Tongue

Very true! smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Awesome news!
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
Hurrah, great news!
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trolled by Jagex lol Kakerrot 13 6,623 2017-03-31 21:17:13
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,128 2017-02-07 03:30:32