It begins..

It Begins..
Every few months, we have had the opportunity to release certain updates to Surreal that completely change our direction and landscape. These updates are not always large or complex, but they consistently change our direction for the future. Today, we are able to deliver one of these very special updates to you.

General Changes
Surreal's Homeworld
Way back in 2011, we moved from 79 to 114 as our main gameplay world. Since then, we have had good times hosting events and skilling together on World 114. However, due to recent lag issues and members of the clan opting not to use the world because of this, our course of action is to move worlds.

[Image: world46.jpg]

After careful consideration, we have chosen World 46 to be our new homeworld. Future events will be held in World 46, and we'd appreciate you setting that as your main world so we can enjoy 'scape together!

Clan Colours
As you may have noticed our forum and clan cape change recently, we're opting for 'less blue, and more purple'. Purple has been changed to our main clan colour, it's no big deal - we simply thought that it is more fitting to a clan called 'Surreal', and it looks far nicer, in my opinion!

Completely New Website
What's New?
We are now on our third revision of our clan website, and we believe that this is the one that we'll be keeping for quite a while. Our past styles were good, but lacked consistency and overall useability. We're proud to announce our brand new clan website, fitted with lots more tools and information... and a sexy new colour scheme. [Check the website out here]

[Image: website.jpg]

Handbook
Our new handbook section makes accessing our clan's basic information including rules & activity policies a breeze. We plan to add more of these handbook pages in the coming weeks!

Re-written Pages
Many of the pages you saw in our previous website have been re-written and simplified. This is mainly to make information easier to access for guests and possible recruits. If a guest has a question, you can most likely direct them to our website for answers, now!

Social Integration
It may not be 'full' social integration, but we're getting there! We now have a live twitter feed on the footer of every page of our website, along with YouTube videos in the sidebar of our 'Surreal' section. Finding us on social networks is now much easier than it previously was. :-)

Goodies...
Most pages on the site now have a sidebar! These pages now contain useful clan information, as well as a new 'Did you know...' section, for the latest facts about Surreal. We've changed the effects a little bit to be more fluid - making our whole website look and feel very unified and complete.

There's lots more to be discovered on our website, and we have more content planned for it in the near future that is very relevant to all of you! I look forward to updating you all on this in the coming weeks.

Staff Promotion
Congratulations, Wader!
We'd like to extend our warmest welcome to Wader to the Surreal Staff Team. We've been scouting for another active member that can help us out a little bit here and there, and Wader fit the void perfectly. We know you'll do a great job, I can't wait to work with you. :-D

Senior Members & Hosting Events
A Way to Get More Activity Points
For all of Surreal's esteemed Senior Members, we've made a very generous offer. We believe that it will be in the clan's best interest to allow you to host events if you would like to do so. There are a generous amount of activity points available for those of you who do decide to host events for us.

How Does it Work?
We'll give you a space to post your time availabilities for the week should you be interested. If you are granted an official event, you will receive double points for hosting it! There are a few topics you should check out in the Senior Hangout for further information...

'It Begins', What Begins?

'It' has indeed begun. Expect big things. Until then, take care, and enjoy the skilling! ;-)
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Great changes, new home world and congratulations Wader!
Wub
[Image: teamsara.png]
[Image: benfas.png]
[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
Oooo Biggrin should be fun <3
Congrats Wade on the promotion Wub
[Image: FV39kOB.gif]
Looks so amazing! Thank you!!
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
The new site looks awesome Tongue especially like the trackers.

And thanks guys, i'll do my best smile
@iWader on Twitter.
Good job Jordan
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Grats wader!!! Wub And awesome changes Jord!! Can't wait to see what else is to come. smile
Omg, the new site, trackers, clan colours & everything look so slick and sexy! I am truly impressed, and that is saying something since I have been around your work for a long time Jordan. Tongue Thank-you sooo much for all the time you put into Surreal, even with all your RL hecticness. It is very appreciated! Wub

Special congratulations to Wader, you will make an excellent staff!
Also really excited for the stuff to come..especially MSC 2012. Yahoo
Senior Members hosting events sound like a great idea too, though I am not sure if I will be able to do it with RL inconsistency.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Gratz Wade. Now go and take over the clan like I taught you how to do.

Also I haven't seen any sidebars. Have they been put in yet? Or are they just not on the forums?
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2012-04-29 20:03:46)Gohankuten Wrote:  Gratz Wade. Now go and take over the clan like I taught you how to do.

Also I haven't seen any sidebars. Have they been put in yet? Or are they just not on the forums?

I'm talking about our homepage. Wink

http://www.clansurreal.com/

Thanks everyone for your comments <3 be sure to let me know if you have any feedback or issues with the website.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.