New Requirements

Seems like a plea for more members 2 me.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2012-05-28 02:05:14)Pulsar Wrote:  Seems like a plea for more members 2 me.

Call it what you will, but it is not a plea for more members. Us moving down in requirements is not a bad thing, as we are not elitist and you know that.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
(2012-05-28 02:09:28)Downfall Wrote:  

Call it what you will, but it is not a plea for more members. Us moving down in requirements is not a bad thing, as we are not elitist and you know that.

More or less it was aimed specifically at allowing low level's into the clan. You've introduced a consistent boss event in the place of another weekly event, and now introduce low levels who cannot attend. Just doesn't add up. Also doesn't seem to follow the path the clan has taken in the few other times we wanted to allow them in.
1/99 RuneCrafting
(2012-05-28 02:12:40)Pulsar Wrote:  

More or less it was aimed specifically at allowing low level's into the clan. You've introduced a consistent boss event in the place of another weekly event, and now introduce low levels who cannot attend. Just doesn't add up. Also doesn't seem to follow the path the clan has taken in the few other times we wanted to allow them in.

It's not consistent. We're deciding on what frequency to hold that event. Instead of doing weekly Dungeoneering, we're going to have one week with a dg event and one week with a boss event to keep things interesting. I don't see an issue with that at all.

You've lost sight of the clans goal, Zach. We're not here to be a bunch of high levels basking in each others' glory.
Zach never said anything of that sort Jordan..I wouldn't assume anything.
He is just saying that there were reasons whenever this was brought up before we decided against it and it seems a little too coincidental that this changed when our member was struggling a little. I do not like the idea of changing our stance on things jut because of a minor problem that was already fixed with the lowering of the total requirements.

I am sure there are lots of great people who are level 3 skillers, but that doesn't mean they should be in the clan anymore than a great person who is only 1500 total. I am not going to argue it anymore though, the decision was made. I will support what you think is best. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-05-28 02:16:15)Downfall Wrote:  

It's not consistent. We're deciding on what frequency to hold that event. Instead of doing weekly Dungeoneering, we're going to have one week with a dg event and one week with a boss event to keep things interesting. I don't see an issue with that at all.

You've lost sight of the clans goal, Zach. We're not here to be a bunch of high levels basking in each others' glory.

Maybe I have, or maybe I'm intent on following the fact that the last time the mention of allowing low level players in we had a vote on it, and this time we did not.

Regardless, I could care less, it's just the way this all seemed to develop that has me on edge and is making me skeptical.
1/99 RuneCrafting
(2012-05-28 02:23:33)Pulsar Wrote:  

Maybe I have, or maybe I'm intent on following the fact that the last time the mention of allowing low level players in we had a vote on it, and this time we did not.

Regardless, I could care less, it's just the way this all seemed to develop that has me on edge and is making me skeptical.

If you would really like to have a vote on it I'm happy to run one. The last vote we had was pretty even but the most voted for option was yes. There is support for low combat skillers in this clan.

Do you think it's a bad thing that we are giving more people a chance to enjoy the clan?
(2012-05-28 02:28:37)Downfall Wrote:  
(2012-05-28 02:23:33)Pulsar Wrote:  
(2012-05-28 02:09:28)Downfall Wrote:  Call it what you will, but it is not a plea for more members. Us moving down in requirements is not a bad thing, as we are not elitist and you know that.

If you would really like to have a vote on it I'm happy to run one. The last vote we had was pretty even but the most voted for option was yes. There is support for low combat skillers in this clan.

Do you think it's a bad thing that we are giving more people a chance to enjoy the clan?

I don't think it's a bad thing, but I do think that changing decisions the clan made previously because we need to up activity and for no real other reason is a bit extreme.
1/99 RuneCrafting
I don't expect you to agree with me on everything - there are decisions that are gonna be made here that not everybody is going to be happy with. That's a fact of life...

I do expect that you should be able to support the clan. A change in requirements isn't as dramatic as people are making it sound. In the end we're all here to enjoy the game and that's what we'll continue to do. We've got clear goals in place and they will shine through soon enough.

I just hope that you can trust me with this one. Please give it time and things will start to make sense, I wouldn't make a decision like this on impulse, there is a reason for it and you'll know why soon enough. This is the best thing for us right now.

I can't say that our requirements change will be permanent, we may be looking at a change sooner than you think, just relax, enjoy the clan and trust me - it will work out fine smile
I like those new requirements
I level 3 skillers are also skillers, why not give a chance to them?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Activity Requirements Adjusted Downfall 28 15,115 2015-02-05 00:07:00
Last Post: Downfall
  Requirements Change Downfall 27 24,950 2011-01-22 07:38:15
Last Post: Pitufo