Slayer Questions
Thread Closed 

1) Is the DPS for Duel-wielding chaotic crossbows and royal crossbow equal?
2) Are weaknesses that important? I don't have the resources (either GP or DG tokens) to get a good quality weapons for category of each type of combat. I already have a chaotic staff for magic, chaotic maul (ugh why did I buy it lol, that was forever ago) for crush, and a chaotic rapier for slash (though I need to buy an offhand). Now I am wondering how strong I need to stick to monster weaknesses. I am trying to mage as little as possible, and put more priority into ranging and melee.
I am not planning on using arrows/thrown weapons, I think I will stick to bolts. For melee I am less sure. I have around 280K DG tokens. I have a crush/stab weapon, but no offhand stab weapon. What is my best course of action? I could either buy an offhand rapier and those rapiers for both slash and stab, or I could use a GS for slash, or I could buy a chaotic longsword and get two medium-bad offhands.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

1) I am not sure 100 percent on that exactly, but I'd say they're close enough to not make a significant difference in your task completion rate.

2) Weaknesses have nothing to do with damage outright, the weakness of monsters determines your accuracy so potentially if you were using Seismic on say a monster purely weak to Crush you could easily still use Magic if you wanted to due to the really high Accuracy rating on Seismics'

Additionally touching on the weapons you currently own, I did most if not all my Slayer with Chatoics up until I just got Drygores. I'd say they're plenty viable!

Hopefully that cleared somethings up Hi
If a slayer monster (abby demons 4 example) are weak to slash, any melee doesn't have a penalty so you will hit with your normal weapon accuracy, as long as you use the right style (mage / range / melee) you're all g my friend.

Also dual wield has higher dps cause of that 1 basic ability that increases crit chance by 10% compared to the 2h one which decreases opponents accuracy by 10%
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Thanks @Papa Malice@ I will go ahead with the royal crossbow then. smile
Sweet @Angus@, that first sentence is exactly what I needed to know. I will go ahead with chaotic rapier offhand, and save the rest of the tokens for recharges.
(I never meant to use 2H, I just didn't have many great offhand options).
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Personally for my melee tasks I use my SGS for the healing/prayer renewal it gives unless it's airuts in which case I use my chaotic claws since I need to use flurry. For range I just stick with my RCB and do fine but that's more to do with not having offhand chaotic crossbow. For mage it's just my ABS.

As for the weaknesses as long as you are using the right overall weakness(melee/range/mage) it's fine for the most part. I think there are a couple monsters where you have to use the specific weakness but generally the specific weakness just gives a small accuracy bonus over using a different type of the same style that is not really noticeable for the most part.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
1. Yes 95% of the time, there are some cases where one is better than the other because of attack speed (such as Legione Bosses or bossing in general) but for slaying purposes you're fine with either.

2. I'm sure someone already covered this but a weakness to say, slash basically means a general weakness to melee. If you're using high level weapons (ie Chaotics or Drygores) then you can disregard weakness in slayer because you'll have such a high accuracy it doesn't even matter. Also, if you upgrade your slayer helm it provides an additional accuracy boost so that can help make up for using lower leveled weapons on non-weaknesses. Accuracy is important so you don't miss attacks but if you're using higher leveled weapons then don't worry about it too much <3

Exceptions are monsters like Grifolapines which pretty much have to be killed with Water Spells. It's a rare exception though, if you're ever unsure just ask or check the wiki!
Hope that helps smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,118 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  [Update]Winter Weekends - Slayer and Bosses Ava 0 2,179 2014-12-28 19:41:22
Last Post: Ava
  Slayer Questions Dave 4 4,218 2014-01-16 04:55:41
Last Post: Gohankuten
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,650 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  Slayer Tower: Revamped Bug 3 3,385 2013-02-14 03:30:19