Activity Requirements Adjusted

Hey Jace, I know that Jordan welcomes feedback and he mentioned just to let him know if you have further concerns. He doesn't want you feeling stressed by the changes. smile
quite a jump, but ill try my best
[Image: The%20RRman.png]
[Image: m7Pj7P6.png]
Bai
Just to explain this a little further for anyone doubting the legitimacy of how much this has been thought about...

In terms of our history, the activity requirement began at 120 points, and was upped to 130 points to avoid resource caps being the only thing you could get the activity requirement doing, When our activity requirement was 130 points, we were giving out 20 points per event, and an SWC was 30 points - resource caps were 20 points as well.

This meant that in order to get 130 activity points, you had to do:

4x Resource Cap: 80 points total
3x Official Events: 60 points total

= 140 Activity Points

For a while, during our quiet times, I had delayed a rise in activity point requirement because of the fact that we weren't hosting enough events to keep up with the demand anyway. Why make it harder?

Now that the requirement is 250, let's have a look at what you need to do now:

4x Resource Cap: 160 points total
3x Official Events: 120 points total

= 280 Activity Points

We never had any complaints in the past that our activity requirement was too difficult to obtain. With it following the exact same ratio as it did for over two years, there is no reason why I see that should change. Times were quiet, and now we're upping the requirement because we're planning a lot more events to make up for that.

At any point during your time here, if you find that you're unable to meet our activity requirements, it's usually because of one of two things; you're busy enough to be inactive, or, we are not hosting events at times that suit you better. I'd like to work with two of those things. My message to you guys is, if you feel you need to take some time off the clan to get your real life stuff in order, there's a form for that.

If you feel like our events do not suit your needs relative to your timezone and availability, there's a contact us link in the HUB for that.

I think 250 is reasonable to expect as a benchmark for standard activity; we don't want a clan where crickets are around during events, we want people to participate and enjoy it! How can we enjoy events and competitions when nobody wants to participate? It got far too easy with this many events to leave it at 130 points. The number would have had to be changed at some point, and it so happens to be now, once event and activity numbers have picked up.

If you have any concerns, feel free to raise them with me by PMing me. Please don't make silly decisions like 'rage quitting' or 'leaving', because that's not going to leave a good impression, especially when the number itself is scarier than what you actually have to do to achieve that number. (the same thing you always did)

Thanks.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I probably wont meet the requirements no more as I get to play very little with me working away from home. But I'll try.
Ok enough is enough with people bickering about bad maths and starting arguments in the clan chat. We don't encourage negativity in the clan and don't really appreciate how disrespectful people have been in the clan chat about this issue.

Let me just begin by saying that this post is not pointing towards anyone and is more towards trying to simmer our previously heated clan with rational thoughts and to encourage plausible solutions to be provided by you guys, remember we are a family, this means that even if you don't like one other, we still expect you to treat them with respect that you would like to be respected back. Refer to the Golden Rule for this.

Now, please get your facts right; This change happened because we have revived our events policy, we host an event a day now, sometimes more. Jordan did not come up with the idea all by himself, this doubling of the activity requirement was a base of our sudden boom of events and our old events scoring system going from 20 to 40, we as a staff team decided that it would be best to essentially double the activity points because it would promote more activity in the clan and is hardly a change from the old system. Keep in mind this could have been much much more worse, and trust me, Jordan did not make this decision alone, if you feel the need to put blame on someone, blame me instead. Stop bringing negativity in the clan chat because you disagree with it. There is no need to call people "bad at math, idiots, r-----ds" just because they don't understand the system, with this kind of change it takes time for everyone to get on the same page.

Surreal is a no-conflict clan, and we're going to start enforcing that kind of a policy again because this kind of behavior is not what we want in our clan, We don't expect everyone to be happy about the changes, but this doesn't mean that you can take it out on others. If you don't want to explain, let someone else do it, don't resort to making others feel bad about themselves and withholding their opinions, we are open to it all. We just expect there to be some kind of mutual respect going around, if you don't like their opinions or thoughts, that's fine but you don't need to be rude about it at all.

Our staff team is always willing to work with people if they have any concerns (pun intended with my name Wink) about activity and meeting them. We are currently trying to think of ideas of how we can help people meet their requirements to stay in the clan. If you have any suggestions, feel free to submit it to one of the staff and they will bring it into our meetings and we can work with it to try to incorporate your thoughts/feelings as a part of our new clan atmosphere as a whole.

My private message is always open to those who feel the need to message it instead. Everything is welcomed smile

Joseph.
^ LOLOLOL Not directed at anyone inparticular? Thats a joke. Im the one who said in the CC that ppl need to "stop being bad at math" ... There I'll admit it, if neone wants to hate me for saying ppl seem bad at math to not understand what Jordan posted about the system then so be it, but thats a pretty petty reason for someone to be pissy because someone called u bad at math.... Im bad at english and ppl tell me it all the time, doesnt mean im gonna be butt hurt over it. But I never called neone retarded or idiot in the clan chat

Im a really easy flowing person as most of you know, but when I get heated about something the female claws come out
[Image: sylvanas_wow_sig_by_katzenfan-d54n86z.png]
I think everyone (not just you Heather) needs to take a couple deep breaths and just think before they speak. Seriously people, what happened? This is not the real Surreal. If this was the real Surreal I never would have taken the time to fill out the application to join back on January 9th, 2015.

There's no need for any insults from anyone (I don't know who all is involved and even if I did I wouldn't point at everyone involved). Keep your heads on and explain it *respectfully* to people who don't understand. Because, need I repeat, this is NOT the real Surreal. I KNOW it isn't. Drama, insults, etc isn't what this clan is based on.

A lot of people are extremely high strung by this activity point requirement change (I'm not, but I can definitely feel it from others), and therefore there's a lot of negative emotions swirling around. Not everyone is gonna understand and we as a clan have to be patient and respectful with them, because isn't that part of what Surreal is based on? Kindness and respect? I thought so, but I'm not feeling either of those things right now, and it's sad.
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
(2015-02-04 21:51:53)Lady Spyra Wrote:  I think everyone (not just you Heather) needs to take a couple deep breaths and just think before they speak. Seriously people, what happened? This is not the real Surreal. If this was the real Surreal I never would have taken the time to fill out the application to join back on January 9th, 2015.

There's no need for any insults from anyone (I don't know who all is involved and even if I did I wouldn't point at everyone involved). Keep your heads on and explain it *respectfully* to people who don't understand. Because, need I repeat, this is NOT the real Surreal. I KNOW it isn't. Drama, insults, etc isn't what this clan is based on.

A lot of people are extremely high strung by this activity point requirement change (I'm not, but I can definitely feel it from others), and therefore there's a lot of negative emotions swirling around. Not everyone is gonna understand and we as a clan have to be patient and respectful with them, because isn't that part of what Surreal is based on? Kindness and respect? I thought so, but I'm not feeling either of those things right now, and it's sad.

Arguements happen from time to time Mel, at the time it happens it might not look alright but it also helps to keep people sharp in some way. I'm not implying people shouldn't treat eachother with respect though. It's unrealistic to think arguements should be out of the question since there will always be times when people get on edge with eachother a little.
I agree with you that the main way to go in Surreal is kindness and respect and that those guidelines should be followed. I'm sure Downfall, Joey and the others are willing to help out people who can't always meet the required points (as stated by both Jordan and Joey already).
Yay, I missed the drama! smile And everyone play nice Biggrin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April Activity Competition (Bonds Inside!) Downfall 6 4,836 2018-04-16 05:45:15
Last Post: Downfall
  SWC SWC Alternative For Activity Points Lady Spyra 2 2,219 2017-06-22 10:14:17
Last Post: Acorny
  Activity & Events Downfall 8 5,024 2015-05-22 05:32:31
Last Post: The RRman
  New Requirements Downfall 28 24,336 2012-08-29 05:42:17
Last Post: Tay
  Requirements Change Downfall 27 24,952 2011-01-22 07:38:15
Last Post: Pitufo