April at Surreal: Our Best

A Surreal April
Kick it into the next gear!

Surreal's Roots

I'd like to take the time to acknowledge what we have written since day one here at Surreal. Below is a screenshot of our homepage on the 7th of October, 2010. We started as a small community that is dedicated to supporting and bettering each other, and most importantly, we are here to have fun and enjoy RuneScape.

[Image: og_mission_statement.jpg]

I still take this mission very seriously - I keep it in mind whenever I'm in the clan chat, working on projects or making changes that affect you all. Surreal has and always will be my home, and I hope you can say the same. A while back, I promised myself that if I were to come back to Surreal full-time to assist and be here as a member, I would push this clan to its absolute limits, and really meet and exceed our mission we embarked on just under 8 years ago.

The change to the blue and black colour scheme of old is not just an aesthetic change, it is a representation of our origins. With the amazing team and members we have, I have no doubt we will have the best years ahead of us. Who's looking forward to 10 years of Surreal? We're nearly there.

In the month of April, I'd like to get some gears turning to put this clan back on the map, and we're going to move quickly, so don't forget your tickets ;-)

What's in Store?

New and Different Competitions

You may have noticed that we've just posted a poll asking what competitions you'd be interested in, and we've received some interesting results. I'd like to proceed with working on all of these things, but I will prioritize them based on the results of the poll. So by the end of Q2 2018, we'll be launching a revamped team based competition system, which will motivate us to work together and improve our skills. I'll be posting more information including opening sign ups shortly to begin organising this. Hope you're excited!

Our focus is going to stay with skilling, however, we also want you guys and gals to have fun and enjoy your time here. We don't want to be another clan that's all about the grind and XP waste... there's thousands of clans that do that already. Let's do what we're known for, let's have a blast and still top the charts Wink

More Social Events

Expect more social and team based events to appear on the agenda soon, with opportunities to leave feedback on events anonymously. We've got some awesome things like Survival / Scavenger Hunts, Discord Trivia and Karaoke and even playing other games together! Our goal is going to be to improve our friendships and allow us to create those unforgettable memories and friendships that last a lifetime smile

April Activity Competition (You'll want to read this one)

In April, we'll be launching an Activity Competition! Rest assured we'll be hosting enough events during the month to keep up with demand, but we'll have some pretty tempting prizes on hand for those who manage to make it past the following tiers:
  • 700 Activity Points or Higher in April - Raffling off 3 RuneScape Bonds to 3 Members (1 each)
  • Members Recruiting 2 or more Members in April - Raffling off 4 RuneScape Bonds to 2 Members (2 each) (Also note, quality over quantity Tongue)
  • Member with Most Activity Points in April - 3 RuneScape Bonds for the Winner + A Secret SWC Perk!
That's an incredible incentive to really kick April off in style, with some extra money for membership, a new skill improvement or some Treasure Hunter! We don't normally do things like this, but I feel it's good to reward members who consistently give back to the community.

For those wondering about how we'll measure recruitment numbers, we will be vetting applicants closely in April - provided the member is accepted and gains activity points, it will count as a referral. Please note they will need to enter your name in their application thread!

The forum posts bonus has been raised to 20 points, making it 2 activity points per post, to make our forums a rewarding option!

SWC Tracker BETA

In April, we'll be testing a new SWC tracker which has been built from scratch, this will include all sorts of bonus perks and will calculate points automatically. We'd like members to participate in the test and allow us to improve our internal clan tools. Expressions of interest welcome!

Let's do this.

If you have any suggestions, issues, or potential concerns, remember that inside the HUB we have a completely anonymous method to contact the leaders, where we will deal with your request and manage it accordingly, without you ever having to be identified. This is the very last day we're an ordinary clan, and we're going to go back to being Surreal.

You're gonna enjoy the ride.

[Image: giphy.gif]

~Jordan
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Also, the last pic makes me want to sing: *Come with me, and you'll be in a world of pure imagination!*

Love ya, Surreal!
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
Sounds wonderful.
Oooooh, get hype!
"Get going, Simon. Just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves, and if-onlies.
The one path you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe."
[Image: rex_advenes_p1.png]
What an exciting post to read! smile

I'm ready to help make Surreal soar! Time to kick my old lady tush into higher gear - maybe even into a gear I never knew existed! (We'll see) Tongue
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
(2018-03-20 16:12:33)Lady Spyra Wrote:  What an exciting post to read! smile

I'm ready to help make Surreal soar! Time to kick my old lady tush into higher gear - maybe even into a gear I never knew existed! (We'll see) Tongue

I want to see how and old lady manages to kick her own old lady tush. Please explain. Wink
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
Very exciting read, looking forward to this smile
@JeliBelski - Very very carefully, as to not lose my balance and break a hip, or just generally throw my back out Wink
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
awesome! april's gonna be fun! cant wait to get stuck in
Quote:SWC Tracker BETA

In April, we'll be testing a new SWC tracker which has been built from scratch, this will include all sorts of bonus perks and will calculate points automatically. We'd like members to participate in the test and allow us to improve our internal clan tools. Expressions of interest welcome!
What's this about I wonder. :O

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,127 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,379 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,854 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April Activity Competition (Bonds Inside!) Downfall 6 4,798 2018-04-16 05:45:15
Last Post: Downfall
  Aarchaeon's April Events #3 Aarchaeon 9 5,279 2018-04-15 10:19:14
Last Post: Aarchaeon