A New Surreal

Surreal's Back, Baby
New stuff!

So, what's the news?

Hi Surreal! If you recently had a read of our post about April being a statement from Surreal about us going back to our roots, this is related to it. When we do things, we do them right.

Today, we're releasing our new Surreal website along with our BETA SWC Tracker. Here's a screenshot of the main page:

[Image: AXnefTQ.jpg]

You may notice the new lick of paint, along with new Member Profiles which merge some of our data together into a convenient view - something we haven't had before. The site will continue to be updated each month with new features and pages.

SWC Update

A pre-release version of our tracker is currently deployed in the place of our old one, and we'll be testing both systems alongside each other this coming week. The new tracker isn't a simple redesign of the current one, it's a rewrite. From scratch. Nothing from the old tracker has been retained. It will allow us to build in some awesome features, such as:
  • 10 minute snapshots of XP gain, allowing for advanced graphing and statistics
  • SWC entries are now directly tied to your SurrealID, so we can automate SWC statistics, and do some really fun things with points and competitions!
  • As suggested above, the tracker now updates itself every 10 minutes
  • A fresh new design, much clearer gain information
  • (coming soon) Each competitor will have a button to the right of their name to view a detailed breakdown of their competition performance against previous performances, complete with graphs and minute by minute statistics
  • (also coming soon) a rivals system, automatically pairing you up with a rival that achieves similar performances to you, that sets up a duel between you
  • Some angry emojis for people below cut off XP *Modern operating systems only!
  • Support for dual skill competitions, and team based competitions
  • Sign ups functionality will be deprecated - all active members will automatically be enrolled into competitions
  • RuneMetrics data is built in. We'll know about specific skill-related events, such as being awarded a skill pet, or achieving an XP milestone, allowing for us to announce it on the tracker!

Thought we were done?

Oh no no no, you don't know Surreal very well Wink Keep your eyes peeled later this month for sign ups to something very intriguing. For now, I really hope you enjoy the new website and the BETA tracker. The intention of releasing it early is so I can get some valuable feedback to build into it before rolling out the final release.

Future Website Updates
We have some more updates already on the calendar for the new website, too. Keep your eyes peeled for more RuneMetrics related pages, and a private, members-only area with an events section. (Yep, we're getting rid of the Events forum)

There's so much more we have to show you, and I can't wait!

Thanks for your time!
~Jordan
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Dang, now this is exciting! So what will happen to this older site and all the info on it?
(2018-04-22 08:03:53)Beccah Wrote:  Dang, now this is exciting! So what will happen to this older site and all the info on it?

So, the new one is available here, on our regular homepage. I'm currently working on porting the old data over to the new tracker if that is what you were referring to smile But as of right now, the new site is live, using existing data and some new data!
Exciting times. Serious question, though, Jordan. Why is your character's right hand as big as your head in the screenshot?
(2018-04-22 09:16:49)Fury Shaq Wrote:  Exciting times. Serious question, though, Jordan. Why is your character's right hand as big as your head in the screenshot?

Disproportionate-scape smile
It's nice to see a fresh homepage. I like it a lot. The colors, font, and layout all work well together. Thanks for creating it. smile

I'll also have to come back sooner rather than later. The SWC Tracker update seems really incredible!@@!
(2018-04-22 12:03:51)Jerome Wrote:  It's nice to see a fresh homepage. I like it a lot. The colors, font, and layout all work well together. Thanks for creating it. smile

I'll also have to come back sooner rather than later. The SWC Tracker update seems really incredible!@@!

Thanks Jerome! It's definitely getting there. It will look quite similar to the last tracker at first, but it is a totally different beast as you will notice in the coming weeks' worth of updates we make to it. Really powerful. smile
Wow, this sounds amazing. All the updates coming are exciting and helpful.
Jordy's kicking serious ass! Biggrin So much stuff going on!

A rival system in SWC, yes please! *giggling maniacally to self* Jordy is my rival Grin -flings poop soup at him-
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
Wow ...this is amazing stuff...loving all the improvements and how active Surreal is with all the activities and events.Gamer2
[Image: 9pJejd6.png]                                [Image: RaJoT7W.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,124 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,379 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,178 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall
  Surreal Revealed Revived Jerome 14 7,709 2017-04-18 16:38:30
Last Post: Lady Spyra
  Annual Surreal Awards 2016: The winners ChangingLane 12 7,025 2017-01-16 09:41:56
Last Post: ChangingLane