Upcoming clan cup Agility contest

It's been a while hasn't it? We haven't had a Jagex ran Clan/Skilling Cup since 2015... and we thought we should get one going again, albeit in a pilot format. 

What is a pilot you ask?

In essence, it's a trial run for a potential future format (skilling cup only while at the same time delivering a fun experience for clans and giving all clans an opportunity to win) - if this goes well then you can expect more!

So let's jump into the details and how this is going to run!

Format

From the game update of date still to be decided the Skilling Cup will begin, this will be focused on the Agility skill.

[Image: 37n2z2v.jpg]

As is the case with past Jagex Clan Cups, you will have three attempts throughout the week these sessions can be started via the interact op on your Clan Vexillum item, the sessions can be abandoned and restarted at anytime.

The session lasts one hour and during that time we will track base experience ONLY to make sure the cup is as fair as possible for all clans participating.

How does my clan enter?

Previously we've asked you to post on the forum to enter a cup, this will no longer be the case! The only pre-requisite is at least 10 clan members need to have submitted a session score, the data will be sent to us automatically and I'll take each clan's top 10 highest players and combine them into a total XP with the highest clan being our winners, this is a much improved process which should make determining our winners and distributing the rewards much more quickly!

This means a clan with 500 members can't win by sheer XP, it's all down to each clan to be as efficient as possible! 

Additionally, if you're 200m Agility XP not to fear! Your session XP will still be tracked [Image: blk.gif]

Restrictions

The following methods will be blocked:

- Should you world hop/disconnect your session data will be lost and you will have to go again.
- Silverhawk Boots XP gained won't contribute to your skilling cup session XP
- Use of brawling gloves
- Quest, Distractions and Diversions, and minigame rewards and buffs (examples include, rocks being handed in, Temple Treking tomes, etc)
- Dwarven tools
- Experience gained with Bonus XP.
- Any experience lamps or reward books
- Agility dummies
- Endgame catalyst & magic carpet XP
- Collector's Insignia
- Hefin VoS
- One time XP reward for Apmeken Mask
- Daily challenge XP
- Barberry Bush
- Seren's Symbol
- Livid farm encouragement to Pauline

The following methods will be allowed:

- Demonic Skull (Massive risk vs reward here), additionally the Wilderness Sword 2 5% xp boost will work
- Charming Moths
- Any form of traditional agility training
- Serenity Posts
- XP from Barbarian Fishing
- XP gained from the "Leaping Urchins" at Waterfall Fishing
- Perfect Juju Agility Potion

How can I see my Clan's progress?

We won't have hiscores for this, but I'm more than happy to gather your Clan's data provided you've hit the pre-requisite above, when the cup is over, if you're not in the top 10 let us know and we can try and generate your clan's results!

If the level of interest is high enough we can investigate much better methods to track clan progress, but no promises!

Improvements

For this cup, we've done some quality of life improvements to hopefully make the process smoother.

- Added a buff icon which displays the exact time in your session remaining, you can also hover over the icon to show your current sessions XP so you no longer have to check your Vex mid-session (because who wants to XP waste right?)
- A broadcast will be sent to your Clan when you start your Skilling Cup session this could lead to clan members giving you advice or cheering you on!
- And another broadcast will be sent once your skilling session has finished, this broadcast will tell the clan how much Agility XP you got during that session and how many attempts you have remaining for the week.

Rewards

And of course, we have to get to the rewards, here's what you can expect!

- 1st (winners!) - Access to the Crystal avatar, clan stickied thread in recruitment and 12% xp boost/100% faster capping, and a specific player title that displays their clan name for a month.

- 2nd to 10th (runners up): Access to the Crystal avatar and 9% XP/75% faster capping for a month

And that's pretty much everything! If you have any questions, please ask away and I'll answer them when I can. I can't wait to run this for you all and I hope you all have fun and enjoy it!
Look at those rewards!!!!!!!! -drools-

Also

-shoots the messenger-
Crazy woman above this post Tongue

Are we gonna do this? Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
(2018-11-27 02:42:30)Lady Spyra Wrote:  Crazy woman above this post Tongue

Are we gonna do this? Biggrin

SINCE 2015!!!

So, yes.
Pssh, why not? Might as well!
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clan PVM Teams/Teachers/Learners Niickelodeon 0 1,624 2018-11-14 22:52:02
Last Post: Niickelodeon
  Guide Rune Clan tastylettuce 2 3,162 2016-04-23 23:44:55
Last Post: Jerome