Jagex 'Trip' Again.
Thread Closed 

(2011-03-16 08:36:28)Meg Wrote:  I think Jagex really only rollback in cases of people earning copious amounts of xp through bug abuse, there have been a number of glitchy updates where players made a packet and they weren't rolled back.

to be truthfully honest, good on them, being in the right place at the right time - whilst it might not be fair i bet if you were in that position would you say "oh hey no im not going to take the drops"? I know for a fact I wouldn't say that! i might only do it once or twice because I didn't know it was a glitch but i'd assume it was just a lucky drop - as they were doing cs they weren't making what they would if they sold the actual item only what it would have been worth if sold via ge and i imagine those on lootshare - only one person actually gets the drop I believe so there wouldn't have been copious amounts of them as drops anyway.

I'd have been ticked off if they did rollback and I would have had to spend 2 more hours or so doing this stupid artisan crap for a fancy cannon that is driving me insane!!

I was on when this was happening, I could of gone corp. That guy in the video that was posted had about 100m in his invent which he made in about...15 minutes? I made 40m from getting 99 fishing, that took me 2 months. It's like rock climbing boots again, I might aswell piss about on runescape and wait for a glitch or a failed update to appear and take advantage of it. I'd be better off!

[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
For me thats not reason to roll back. But I'm jalous that I have to work hard for my cash and some others are lucky.

Last known idiot cashflow thingies: Climbing boots & miscellania bug

That last one gave me a fair bit of money.
What I actually dislike more is that jagex don't take action to these bug abusers, as this is a rule.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
^ Yes if anything action should be taken against the accounts for bug abusing.
Other then that, things happen..
(2011-03-16 17:36:28)Smith Wrote:  For me thats not reason to roll back. But I'm jalous that I have to work hard for my cash and some others are lucky.

Last known idiot cashflow thingies: Climbing boots & miscellania bug

That last one gave me a fair bit of money.
What I actually dislike more is that jagex don't take action to these bug abusers, as this is a rule.

I don't remember these bugs, what happened? im curious now.
(2011-03-16 17:34:21)Crow Wrote:  
(2011-03-16 08:36:28)Meg Wrote:  I think Jagex really only rollback in cases of people earning copious amounts of xp through bug abuse, there have been a number of glitchy updates where players made a packet and they weren't rolled back.

to be truthfully honest, good on them, being in the right place at the right time - whilst it might not be fair i bet if you were in that position would you say "oh hey no im not going to take the drops"? I know for a fact I wouldn't say that! i might only do it once or twice because I didn't know it was a glitch but i'd assume it was just a lucky drop - as they were doing cs they weren't making what they would if they sold the actual item only what it would have been worth if sold via ge and i imagine those on lootshare - only one person actually gets the drop I believe so there wouldn't have been copious amounts of them as drops anyway.

I'd have been ticked off if they did rollback and I would have had to spend 2 more hours or so doing this stupid artisan crap for a fancy cannon that is driving me insane!!

I was on when this was happening, I could of gone corp. That guy in the video that was posted had about 100m in his invent which he made in about...15 minutes? I made 40m from getting 99 fishing, that took me 2 months. It's like rock climbing boots again, I might aswell piss about on runescape and wait for a glitch or a failed update to appear and take advantage of it. I'd be better off!

I know your mad, i totally get it. I work hard for my money too, all mine comes from skilling. I hardly ever kill anything in less it's for slayer which I don't do much either. It really does suck that there are people out there that are lucky and get all their money from drops. But I think it's a more rewarding feeling to say I worked hard for the money I have.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Climbing boots, they set market price from 100 too 75k. Some friends of jmods had 12k in bank...

Miscellania, somehow, they paid of 50 times more in 1 day.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I see this similar to a big payout from Jagex to it's maxed and higher leveled players. Maxed players play for long time, promote the game. Jagex releases hints to them regarding new updates.

I can't confirm if this is true or not but in my eyes, they need to do more testing before they start releasing content. I'd rather have fully bug free content then content every week.

I honestly wish they would punish bug abusers more than they have, they need to do individual rollbacks and set an example, after awhile less people will be tempted to do such things. This also leads to a point about botting, while they may be investing a lot of time into it they need to do more than they're currently doing.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trolled by Jagex lol Kakerrot 13 6,654 2017-03-31 21:17:13
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,152 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Jagex clearly isnt 99 construction... Kamizura 3 2,781 2016-09-22 23:43:46
Last Post: Jerome
  Runescape Road Trip Bowlinmaster 13 9,486 2014-05-02 22:05:22
Last Post: Kreuzi
  Conned by Jagex Dave 7 4,636 2012-10-31 11:34:48