Jagex 'Trip' Again.
Thread Closed 

Yesterday Jagex again made our lives better with the ROW update, the ring now does something woo. It made corp beast drop straight sigils :O Rants on the RS forums were filled with 'ROLLBACK NOW' as sigils and more sigils entered the game, I've seen screenshots, adventure's logs of it. In dungeoneering when the RC glitch happened they rollbacked then, but they won't rollback when people are making 100m-800m in seconds?

I myself spent about 2-4 weeks at corp over my christmas break and some of school and got nothing. In my opinion I find it rather digusting of Jagex. I think 'It was a mistake' works only so many times, a TNC who's made this game for 10 years is making more mistakes than ever. This was the last straw for someone I know and they quit, I know I will probably follow the same path if Stellar Dawn is any good.

As updates become more radical, the wilderness update being one. I'm worried they are going to do an update which will kill the game for me and many others.

What do my fellow Surrealians think of all this?
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qArbJDuuX70

^ A vid so people can see what actually happened.

I heard about this, and as I would never of been able to afford a sigil, it doesn't affect me.
It's pretty ridiculous, but I'm sure if I knew about it earlier and had higher cb stats I'd go and join in to get some free stuff. Tongue
[Image: d9XeE71336709893.gif]

[Image: SRL_Fear.png][Image: fear.png]

[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
I think Jagex really only rollback in cases of people earning copious amounts of xp through bug abuse, there have been a number of glitchy updates where players made a packet and they weren't rolled back.

to be truthfully honest, good on them, being in the right place at the right time - whilst it might not be fair i bet if you were in that position would you say "oh hey no im not going to take the drops"? I know for a fact I wouldn't say that! i might only do it once or twice because I didn't know it was a glitch but i'd assume it was just a lucky drop - as they were doing cs they weren't making what they would if they sold the actual item only what it would have been worth if sold via ge and i imagine those on lootshare - only one person actually gets the drop I believe so there wouldn't have been copious amounts of them as drops anyway.

I'd have been ticked off if they did rollback and I would have had to spend 2 more hours or so doing this stupid artisan crap for a fancy cannon that is driving me insane!!
I don't mind that much, sure it would've been awesome to get some of that sweet moneys but as I have been playing this game on and off since 2002~ I've missed alot of gamechanging updates and "bugs".
I can't really say I missed the 'good old days' because in the end everyone adapts to the game changes and so do I.

One of the major reasons I play this game is that it's updated alot. And seeing as this bug only was live for 1-2 hours I don't think it will effect the game that much.
Unfair advantage sure, but lets just pretend that they all won 100m+ stakes Wink
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
Good for them. Must be nice to be there at the right time and make tons of money, hey mistakes happen. I wish i was there and higher combat id love to partake in some money making like that. Can't complain things happen and like stated above it was only for 1-2 hours so it couldnt have made that big of an impact.
Not that big of deal to me =\
People are winning and losing billions in a single duel so this is nothing compared to that =\
Plus they never rolledback when there was the partyhat duplication glitch so I doubt they'd rollback on this.
Quote:People are winning and losing billions in a single duel so this is nothing compared to that =\

People are winning/losing billions that are already in the economy, there is a HUGE difference between that and probably 100+ Divine's flooding into the game within an hour (100b+).

The stupid thing was that it was blatant there was going to be a bug. Just before the update I was online, but had to go to a lecture. I very nearly skipped the lecture to test out the ring at corp.

If I had who knows how many countless millions I'd have now?

But hey ho, I went to my lecture lol.

The real issue is that Jagex don't give a rats ass about old players, only bringing in new players. Hence tons of updates that don't really do anything, but make it seem like it's a fast developing game.

It's always been money>players for Jagex, just look at how many botters there are and the fact that they haven't been banned in months doesn't seem to bother Jagex as long as they're getting their £3.50 a month per bot.
Doesn't really bother me either. As Beardi said though, you can't compare this to staking/dueling, they are 100% different because that gp was already in the economy. These drops are fresh new gp into the economy.

If I had been home during this time I would've hit up corp with any team I could find but I wasn't, I was at work XD

I have seen many many glitches and seen many of my friends use these to make millions and even 100's of mil in some cases and they are still playing away on RS, so I agree Jagex could care less but I don't think it really affects everyone that much.. so these guys made 100m or so and are going to spend it on gear/pots and maybe some cons or herb levels and be back to broke again lol
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
imo they need to bring everyones wealth up to like 10 bil Biggrin
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
I could care less. Like Meg said good for them for being at the right place at the right time. Yeah I'm a little upset I couldn't get that lucky with some drops when I was killing stuff, especially considering I have never gotten a Ddrop except for a spear from fire giants many many years ago. I won't give up on the ROW just yet tho, I have many slayer tasks before I get 85 so I'll keep my hopes up on getting some good things. it's about time they finally made the ROW worth it.

Plus people getting lucky with drops is different then people autoing for xp, I think resetting stats is more worth it then rolling back bc some people made some money. TBH with all the extra sigal drops there was it's probably only going to make the price of them go down.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trolled by Jagex lol Kakerrot 13 6,654 2017-03-31 21:17:13
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,152 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Jagex clearly isnt 99 construction... Kamizura 3 2,781 2016-09-22 23:43:46
Last Post: Jerome
  Runescape Road Trip Bowlinmaster 13 9,486 2014-05-02 22:05:22
Last Post: Kreuzi
  Conned by Jagex Dave 7 4,636 2012-10-31 11:34:48
Last Post: old_jon