Capes of Distinction
Thread Closed 

Quote:Veteran cape - a cape that any player can wear if their account is more than 5 years old

Next year, we will be able to offer an expanded version of the Veteran cape to those players who have been with us for 10 years. Currently, that’s not possible, although we know that some of you are already 10-year veterans. See below for how YOU can help design this awesome cape!

Classic cape - a cape any player can wear if they have visited RuneScape Classic

Initial concepts feature some rather amusing pixelated 2D graphics and an emote of a player thinking, which is how we used to represent player animations back in Classic. (Ah, the memories.)

‘Max’ skill cape - a cape that a player can wear if they have reached level 99 in all skills

Traditionally, we have always considered level 99 to be max despite the Dungeoneering skill going to 120. We don’t plan to raise any other skills from 99 to 120, and still feel the max cape should be worn by players with all skills at level 99.

The cape of 10s - a range of nine different capes that a players can wear when they have reached a multiple of ten or above in all skills (for example, a player who wants to wear the ‘40 cape’ would have to have a minimum of level 40 in all current skills)

There are all sorts of milestones we often set ourselves when training skills, such as ‘min stat’. We would like to encourage players to train all of their skills and I see this as a good way of doing so. We plan for these to change graphically up to the level 90 cape.

Uber cape - a cape that can only be worn if you can wear the max cape, have 120 Dungeoneering, have gained all possible Quest Points, have completed all Tasks, and have unlocked all music tracks!

This cape is for the completionists out there who feel they really have done everything. Of course, a cape like this has to be earned and maintained, because a player who wants to continue wearing this cape will have to keep completing ALL content, which will continue to grow and grow!

What is your idea on the Capes of Distinction?
I personally think its a little over bored with the capes but hey I'd wear them once they came out. Depending on the looks of the capes and maybe depending on the stats or anything the capes would offer.

So what do you think these capes will look like? Do you like the idea? What are your thoughts
I like this idea, I'd probably wear the cape(s) if I had them and they looked good.
[Image: rawries.png]
Sounds great actaully, especially the Uber Cape & 10`s Cape. Biggrin
I am excited for the 80s cape I am near. Tongue Also I would get a classic cape too!
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Too many capes =\

I like the maxed and uber cape though. Those people truly deserve it.
hmm lets see id get the veteran and the 10 year veteran and atleast 50's cape
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Your a 10 year veteran Zoopermean? Shok
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Seems like a pretty cool idea. Hopefully the capes look good.

I'd be entitled to the 5 year cape, and soon enough all stats 80+.. Should be good!
[Image: d9XeE71336709893.gif]

[Image: SRL_Fear.png][Image: fear.png]

[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
not a big fan of the idea, already enough capes with skill capes, just further junk to be added in game only cape i like the idea of is max cape
I'll be able to get the Veteran cape until they raise it to 10 years, along with hopefully the 80+ cape soon enough. They'll be neat to get ahold of, but I can't say I'm freaking out to get them. Just a nice little update.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
This was brought up at the Runefest as well.

IMO, there's too many capes and I see no reason for any of these except the Maxed Cape to be added to the game.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capes of Prestige Hayden 11 8,468 2014-06-25 10:31:43
Last Post: Benzoo
  Max & Comp Capes Lexy 52 35,828 2014-03-19 10:59:36
Last Post: Blur
  Herald Capes and Clan Capes Shay 9 5,810 2011-08-08 18:52:29
Last Post: S15
  Answered Good Bracelets / Capes / Necklaces? Skill Hard 3 3,353 2011-07-11 18:05:53
Last Post: `Killer
  Capes of Distinction Bug 36 19,356 2011-05-12 13:35:12
Last Post: Angury