[Debate] Pking/Pkers
Thread Closed 

Shield 
Everyone has their own views on PKers and everything that comes with having the Wild back. Some people out there don't care about them and some people out there Despise them. I was wondering what everyone's views on them were since they brought back the Wild/Free Trade?

A few of us had a little debate on what we thought about them since a few people in the Clan Chat in game actually enjoy Pking. The topic of it came up after Libod was doing a green dragon slayer task in the wild and he got PKed.

My views about them are I can't stand them and how they kill for spite. A few people said well to not go into the wild, which I don't in less I have to for whatever the reason may be. But there are other people out there that use the wild for some of it's resources it offers. I just find it annoying how there are PKers out there that Lure and PK in groups just for spite. That is one thing that always pissed me off about the wild. The day Jagex announced that they were taking the wild away I was thrilled. I much rather be running from 2-3 revs then to be running from 10+ pkers who just want to kill me bc it will effect whatever it was I was trying to do. The day they brought it back was a very depressing day for me. I actually enjoyed the wild even tho there were revs lurking in it, I much rather encounter one of them then a pker.

Everyone has their own views on what they like and dislike about them so I just wanted to hear everyone's opinions.

Please no Flaming against anyone. I didn't start the topic to cause a fight. There was no fighting in the in game Clan chat, just simply a debate on what we thought about Pkers.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
I try not to go into the wilderness, and when I do enter it, I do not bring more than 250K, so pkers do not really bug me. Well I was abyssal runecrafting there many pkers there, which I think is a little sad. Pkers should only be ifghting others who want to fight them. I do not rage or anything though, just my point of view.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I used to pk a lot. Not so much recently. I did it because it was fun. There were times I would go after actual pkers. Which, I assume you have no problem agaisnt. Others, I would try to kill someone who was not prepared to get into a fight. Why? It was fun and an easy kill. Which is why I was out there, to get kills. Seeing someone lose what they worked hard to get gave me satisfaction. Why? I don't know. Its all a game to me. I've lost over 200m and 2 sets of void pking. Anything I kill a skiller for wouldnt compare to what I've lost. Not saying that gives me a reason to kill them.

Thats why I pk. Many people pk for the thrill of the fight. So they tend to avoid skillers. Others go after skillers because they can. Simple as that. Seeing people rage after they die is amusing to others as well.

Anything you can do in the wild can be done much easier, and with greater wealth and xp gains anywhere else. There is really no point in using the wild, unless you want that excitement of pkers chasing you. Back in the day, when I runecrafted, , I would hope someone would try to pk me. That way I could go back, and show them how to fight.

I think Ive said enough for now.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
(2011-03-23 18:29:14)l Zephyr l Wrote:  Anything you can do in the wild can be done much easier, and with greater wealth and xp gains anywhere else.
Show me where you can make more money runecrafting bloods or deaths.

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-03-23 18:52:26)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2011-03-23 18:29:14)l Zephyr l Wrote:  Anything you can do in the wild can be done much easier, and with greater wealth and xp gains anywhere else.
Show me where you can make more money runecrafting bloods or deaths.

Ok besides that.Tongue
You could use the GOP tokens for tabs.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I only use wildy for Green Dragon tasks due to me not feeling safe in the Chaos Tunnels.
I was really into pking for the longest time. It's all I enjoyed doing while playing Runescape. I did it for the fun, it gives you a great rush whenever you start fighting someone.

I really don't pk anymore though and hardly ever have a reason to enter the wilderness but when I do I know it's a dangerous place and I go either prepared or in very little gear depending on what I am doing.

Not really much to say, I liked it and never thought anything about killing a skiller or another pker, they were both the same to me.. a kill.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Quote:I only use wildy for Green Dragon tasks due to me not feeling safe in the Chaos Tunnels.

I don't mean to be a knob, but it doesn't quite click with me how you could feel safe in the wilderness, of all places, while not feeling safe in the Chaos Tunnels.

On topic, JaGex puts the warning there for a reason. Whether you're a skiller or not, it's the wilderness. You aren't exempt from dying, there's no rules. That's the reality you accept by entering. I understand the annoyance, but really, you don't have a very legitimate reason to complain.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2011-03-23 21:16:15)Evaluate Wrote:  
Quote:I only use wildy for Green Dragon tasks due to me not feeling safe in the Chaos Tunnels.

I don't mean to be a knob, but it doesn't quite click with me how you could feel safe in the wilderness, of all places, while not feeling safe in the Chaos Tunnels.

I don't like either, I hate combat but I need 65 Slayer so I'm just pushing to get it.
(2011-03-23 21:16:15)Evaluate Wrote:  On topic, JaGex puts the warning there for a reason. Whether you're a skiller or not, it's the wilderness. You aren't exempt from dying, there's no rules. That's the reality you accept by entering. I understand the annoyance, but really, you don't have a very legitimate reason to complain.
Who is complaining? This is just a debate topic.
Also there are many thing that have "no rules" but it is common curtosy to do and msot decent players to do (not talknig about this, I mean other things). Just because there are no rules about it..does not give you an excuse to do it. I am not saying you shouldn't, I am saying that is a bad readon to PK skillers though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noob PKing LOL Bug 11 6,937 2011-02-19 17:55:44
Last Post: Chad