[Guide] Macro - avoiding false accusations

I dont like talking when I mine. Then I have to pay attention, which defeats the purpose of doing an afkable skill for me. I feel like the best way is to not pay 100% attention. Cause a bot pretty much clicks as soon as possible, I assume. If I dont move to a new spot for 20 seconds, I feel like its obvious im not a bot. Or im a shitty bot.
I also check my exp frequently. Doubt bots do that.

Any who, good bit of info here though.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Yeah same here Zephyr, the reason I hope Jagex need assumes I am a bot is because I almost never am constanty clicking. A lot of time I mis click or I am not paying attention to my screen. Only time they would think I am botting is PYP. Tongue
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I agree that we really shouldn't have to change our legit playstyle or behavior in-game all to avoid a detection system that throws false positives left and right. We all play differently and that's what makes the game more enjoyable, in my opinion.
Thanks for everyone's feedback, support and advice.

I still don't understand the mouse thing but as far as I'm aware 1 click = 1 action for my mouse.

And Shay, a special thanks for the advice you gave me much earlier, about if you're innocent they'll remove the ban quickly and not penalise you... that was what kept me sane during this ordeal.

One thing that I read up on and thought "perhaps that was it" was the AFK'ing. The rules are quite clear on Away From Keyboard training and although I didn't AFK train I did go AFK (and just stand or sit there) but I can't see that being worthy of a 13 day ban. However AFK'ing is something I am going to avoid from now on and perhaps we all need to be careful of it.

Funny story: when I told Irene, she was laughing and dancing at my demise, pointing at me saying "see, you play so much you're like a robot!" Not much sympathy there! Lol
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

(2011-07-23 04:44:52)old_jon Wrote:  I still don't understand the mouse thing but as far as I'm aware 1 click = 1 action for my mouse.

I'm talking about mousekeys, it's a built-in accessibility feature for the Windows operating systems (and possibly other operating systems, but I'm not sure). It helps disabled people who cannot use a mouse use the computer, as they control any mouse-like actions with their keyboard instead.

It makes quite a few things easier in the game if you use them correctly, for example I use the 5 key when alching because I can just rest my mouse on the alch icon, then press 5 over and over and it alchs everything in the stack, one by one, as long as I have the stack under my alch spell. It's just easier than clicking which is why I like it.

But there are people who will use the mouse keys to do things like drop all items in their inventory in just a few key presses, instead of however many mouse clicks it would normally take. That's what Jagex doesn't like, and will detect it as macroing if you do it. So as long as you're doing one action per key press, you're fine. Otherwise, be careful!

And no problem about the advice. I'd be flipping out if it happened to me, but the best thing to do is appeal ASAP and and hope for the best!
there are actual mouses you can buy that can be programmed to macro as well.

Kinda worried because quite often I get annoyed by the ingame chat so I tend to set my public chats to friends only esp on skills such as mining where every man and his dog is typing "press 333 if you aren't botting" it just floods my chat screen up with unessecary rubbish so I find it more enjoyable to shut them up instead of putting 30+ ppl on my iggy list lol I even do this when I'm at ge and have been known to forget to change it back for days - I've probably got a bilion and 1 reports on botting due to my antisocial behaviour on rs tbh and I am always afking Sad
I guess I've just been lucky in that I've never had any run-ins with things like this. I've been able to play normally and everything just fine, but I know too many people who haven't, and it really is sad. I guess I just get past it by sort of...not caring what JaGex does. Of course that doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for cases like Jon and Crow, these are just downright stupid. I just mean while everyone rages about how the company has gone down the pot, I just kind of shrug it off. A sad way to have to go about it, but a working method nonetheless.

Glad you've taken this as an opportunity to teach others. It is nice to know just where the boundaries lie, as they can be quite blurred at some times.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2011-07-23 07:32:22)Meg Wrote:  Kinda worried because quite often I get annoyed by the ingame chat so I tend to set my public chats to friends only esp on skills such as mining where every man and his dog is typing "press 333 if you aren't botting" it just floods my chat screen up with unessecary rubbish so I find it more enjoyable to shut them up instead of putting 30+ ppl on my iggy list lol I even do this when I'm at ge and have been known to forget to change it back for days - I've probably got a bilion and 1 reports on botting due to my antisocial behaviour on rs tbh and I am always afking Sad

That should be the way to go. In what other game can you be banned for playing this way? =.= Dang. I should stop reading this topic...

Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

(2011-07-23 07:32:22)Meg Wrote:  there are actual mouses you can buy that can be programmed to macro as well.

Kinda worried because quite often I get annoyed by the ingame chat so I tend to set my public chats to friends only esp on skills such as mining where every man and his dog is typing "press 333 if you aren't botting" it just floods my chat screen up with unessecary rubbish so I find it more enjoyable to shut them up instead of putting 30+ ppl on my iggy list lol I even do this when I'm at ge and have been known to forget to change it back for days - I've probably got a bilion and 1 reports on botting due to my antisocial behaviour on rs tbh and I am always afking Sad

After I spent sometime at the Lrc my public is always hide cause of those people and after that I always use my public hide but I try to watch if someone talks to me so I dont get reported. I love to afk train :p

@topic

Jagex bot system is pretty bad. They should do something about it. One question that was I was asking myself. Are you going to lose your mod(maybe you answered this question many times already)? Hope everything work out and they see your was not botting/macroing/whatever
I must stand Jagex by with their way of handling this.

I've been a game moderator of a game called 'Tribal Wars' for over a year, a long time ago and they had a rather equal system. I assume they have their detection methods and per time you get detected as a possible botter, they count you. Too much counts will get investigated and set under a temporary ban. Thats how it worked at the game I moderated.

I had to manually temp ban em, wait for the response and gather evidence that he/she had to explain. As I was human, it was a human system that decided who was or wasn't a cheater. I guess the rechecking thing in here will be the same, human and seen per person. But, as the last step is a human one, faults are unavoidable. Even then it's very sad to see and even worse if you experience it, but I can understand that it happens.

If I may give an extra advice; If you ever get suspended, give a normal reaction to the moderator, being angry brings you nowhere.

I'm very glad everything got sorted out for ya John smile

And on a sidenote, to see something positive in it, they are working on bots. That's a very good thing.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]