RS - Advice
Thread Closed 

Shield 
Hello everyone,

This is just a small but important advice for every scapers. It appears that some informations have been taken from multiples runescape forums (major ones) and I would like to make sure everyone here is safe. So just read the following and make sure you are ok.

1. Have a unique password for your runescape account. Don't ever use the same as you use for another website, and even more if it's runescape related.

2. Have recoveries questions up! You can also make new ones with strange codes like U4d5s4f6DHGD4d for answers. Just make sure you note them somewhere.

3. A bank pin is always good to have to cut losses in case you do get your account stolen and suceed to get it back fast enough.

4. You might also change your email password that you know you use on runescape related forums and such. Just in case it's the same or even not. It got easier to get account with email access since recent updates Wink

I know the majority of you know it, but for those who doesn't, please, make yourself a gift smile
Peace.
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

General knowledge, but I guess when it comes to account security it's better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the friendly reminder smile By the way, which major RuneScape forums have had information stolen..?
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Mainly zybez, surf to zybez.net and see smile
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-09-18 09:23:34)Smith Wrote:  Mainly zybez, surf to zybez.net and see smile

Actually, the Zybez thing is only some recents "hacks". Many Zybez related websites were touched as well.

That said, the major communities I was refering are like Tip, Draynor and some others. But since Zybez just got hack, maybe we can add it too...

But like, don't just go and say "thisRsWebsite.com" is not listed so I will not update my passwords ~!

Wrong, they could as well, we don't have the perfectly accurate list, far from that Wink
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

Wow, makes me glad i use different passwords on everything
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine!
I use a separate password for RS and .. it's similar to something like r5942rewre (very random) lol.

Thanks for the tips though Biggrin! Bank pins are extremely annoying but can save you!
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
I don't get why some people don't have bank PINs.

Personally I always bank my stuff before logging off (no matter what I may be doing at the time), so if I ever get hacked I know my stuff is protected and I get the hacker off my account by using the RSOF thread.
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

(2011-09-20 19:11:11)UberSanta Wrote:  I don't get why some people don't have bank PINs.

Personally I always bank my stuff before logging off (no matter what I may be doing at the time), so if I ever get hacked I know my stuff is protected and I get the hacker off my account by using the RSOF thread.

Thread?
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...0,62906860

"I've Been Hijacked"
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Bank pin's are a nosense, but can't save you a lot of hassle if the unfortunate does happen!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Answered F2P Skiller Advice Nordic 3 3,744 2012-03-21 03:21:28
Last Post: Shay
  Official BXP advice Dave 8 5,561 2012-03-17 19:11:16
Last Post: Seamus
  Answered Advice needed Dallar 3 3,570 2011-04-17 22:30:55
Last Post: ReturnFate