Tip.It Compromised - Heads Up
Thread Closed 

Some of you may be aware, and some of you may not, but Tip.It's site was compromised by hackers late last night. Access to the site isn't back yet, but anyone with an account their is advised to change the password to their email listed with their Tip.It account (if you have one listed.) There were no viruses planted or anything and passwords are encrypted for the website, so don't fret about that. It's simply a precautionary measure, don't lose any sleep over it, as server control has been returned to the Tip.It admins.

The way the hackers presented themselves was also very childish, and they tried to claim credit for hacking JaGex mod accounts. This is likely just a little publicity stunt, so as I said, don't lost sleep over it, but I once again advise you to precautionarily change passwords to email accounts listed on Tip.it as well as your Runescape account.

Thanks you.

EDIT: I've just heard the RuneHQ is experiencing a hack as well, idk if it's true, but some Runescape fansite trolls are going around it seems. Just be wary, those who have accounts on such sites.

EDIT2: Another update on Tip.It, it'll probably be a week or so before the site is fully functional again.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I have an account.. sadly I can't remember any of the info. Let's hope its not important lol.
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
I don't have an account, but my signature is from their site.

It's looking pretty Plain-Jane at the mo.

Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

It's also been made clear that Draynor, and Runehead have also been hacked. This is a great time to remind users that having a safe and secure password is exceptionally great online. Also don't share your password, even with people you trust.

I would be very cautious about visiting fansites for the next few days, until these problems are resolved.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Thanks for this, seen the site was under maintenance. Wanted to see the discussion their about the new post on Runescape about their fight against bots.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Thanks for the heads up!
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
Again?
Why so much hate over a game. Beats me.

Grow up kiddos smile
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

Someone needs a job.

LOL.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
lol at the childish people hacking the runescape fansites ... grow up kids imo
Runehq was hacked a few days ago, and I have had 28 emails on my old email account from fake scammers saying I have been banned so far...
6 today alone....
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]