Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 18.18%
4 - It's pretty good.
5 45.45%
3 - Not bad.
4 36.36%
2 - Could be better.
0 0%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Deathcon II: Halloween 2011
Thread Closed 

yes it eats your tiara !
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

Aww ok thanks, I won't be using my tiara on it then. smile
I dont do holiday events so its rather useless to me.

I like the RC hood though, fed it an omni tiara Biggrin
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

(2011-10-19 09:14:55)Lilbod Wrote:  
(2011-10-18 04:08:43)Wendy Wrote:  Well it was good, a bit confusing finding everything in such a large area.
Interesting how the "puzzles" seemed to get harder.
Like the emote smile I did event with "eek" and was funny
Picked up hood used omni tiara on it and teleported to lunar isle , great for switching to lunars !

Does it like eat your tiara? I don't want to lose my tiara. Sad

I found the event rather fun. ^_^
I got last years emote too, so it keeps me happy. The reward is slightly pointless though. Sad

You can get an omni talisman easily from GOP so you don't have to use your tiara. And anyway the hood acts like a tiara anyway so the only reason to keep the omni tiara would be for looks.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I gave it a 5.
It was was a decent event, though I was never a huge holiday event fan. Do not like the items but the emote is pretty cool. smile
The frost dragon things sound good to me and I love the hood (for the lunar teleports)! Wub
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Read on RSC, were someone posted something one of the bot scripters had written about the frost dragon update. Basically, he made his bot a lot better, so it wont be hampered by the updates.

Found it:

Quote:First let me begin by letting you all know what changes Jagex made to the frost dragon cave today in order to stop botters. I have to admit, they did a good job and did make a lot of changes. Thankfully, they can never stop botting, this just made it harder to kill the dragons, however this is offset by a number of factors.

1. The frost dragon cave is now dynamic. What this means is that each time you enter the cave you will be teleported to a random cave. As far as I've been able to tell there are now over 10 different caves! (No more crowded worlds!) What this also means is you are now more safe from bot hunting teams. they now have to look through each possible dynamic location to find you [/img]

2. Frost dragon IDs changed, every dragon now has a different id from what it had before.

3. Random bone spawns. In the cave bones are now spawned in inaccessible locations of the cave. Normally bots would get stuck running towards them trying to get them. My bot is a bit smarter though and won't fall for this.

4. The annoying blue orb. Attacking a dragon will now cause an blue orb to spawn around them. This is the most annoying update and will hinder your profits slightly. The orb hits hard, very hard. The only way to fend off it is to walk away from the dragon and wait for the orb to disappear, attacking a dragon will cause large amounts of damage.

5. The entire cave's orientation and slight layout changes were made. Previously you had a north and south sub section of the cave, this is now an east and west subsection.

BEFORE I CONTINUE <-- READ THIS!
This entire system is very much experimental. Due to the HUGE number of changes I had to make I could not test everything, and asking of me to do so is ridiculous. Bugs will exist, and they will be patched as I can do them. The entire system itself is also in need of some upgrading, which will come once ****** adds some new hooks I need into the client to allow me to know what kind of prayer to use. I will be out all day tomorrow (Tues Oct 18) so any and all bugs will be fixed starting Wednesday. Before anyone female dogs about bugs, let me get this straight. I was the first and currently the only person to have a functioning FDK script so quickly after this update. Any whiners should understand I won't care, and posting about it will rather slow me down as I think up ways to insult you publically. /rant

Changes made:

- Orb detection!
--> The bot will look for and detect orbs around your dragon. Should it find one it wiill walk a random disance away from the dragon and wait for the orb to disappear before attacking the dragon again
--> Advanced methods used to walk away from the dragon, with randomized distances and quick detection of the orb disappearing or appearing

- Auto-retaliate is now forced to be off at all times
- Area checks have been updated when in the cave to allow for detection of the dynamic caves
- Fixed an issue with teleporting when not using a cannon and when out of food
- Looting is now only done inside generated polygon areas
--> Bone traps wont work because of this!
--> The bot's cannon system has been adapted to this
- The custom cannon spot feature is temporarily disabled
- When teleporting out of the cave the cannon is first picked up to avoid a trip to Nulodian
--> The sole exception to this will be when low on health and with no food left as death is better to avoid than a trip to get a cannon!

Cannon Support Changes
- The order of choosing a best spot when some are equal is randomized now
- The entire system had to be HEAVILY modified in order to allow for the new dynamic changes to the cave to work
- I have implemented a very complicated system to be able to detect and generate a brand new area that will allow the bot to use the previous system
- Reimplemented the custom cannon spot feature

- Untested ranged support with the new system
--> The bot will need to now move to the dragon since auto-retaliate is now off all the time
--> It will move away again after attacking
--> Should the orb appear, the bot will click on its current location instead of moving away again, just like a human would!

Good thing is, even with bots, if there are 10 dynamic caves for frost dragons, they wont be nearly as crowded. Ill probably go back there for effigies.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I love the cheap shot at a classic song. I hope you notice it too. Grin
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treasure Hunter] Halloween - From This Weekend Ava 2 3,518 2014-10-25 10:06:43
Last Post: Debs
  [Update] Death's Door - Halloween Event Ava 5 5,910 2014-10-22 08:56:12
Last Post: Mabaa
  [BTS] Halloween Event Ava 0 1,882 2014-10-17 21:37:24
Last Post: Ava
  Christmas 2011: A Towering Feast Shay 13 8,099 2011-12-23 10:06:13
Last Post: Wendy
  Runefest 2011 Crow 14 9,070 2011-06-11 03:40:27
Last Post: AlchemyHawk