Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 18.18%
4 - It's pretty good.
5 45.45%
3 - Not bad.
4 36.36%
2 - Could be better.
0 0%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Deathcon II: Halloween 2011
Thread Closed 

Death is planning the Halloween convention to end all Halloween conventions: Deathcon II. Everyone is invited to a celebration of the macabre, the malign and the monstrous that promises to be the best yet! He just needs some help setting up...

Deathcon II is being held in the clan citadel of The Horsemen: the clan founded by Death himself, Famine, War, Pestilence and an upbeat fellow named Frank. As well as getting Death out of the house, the citadel is the perfect venue to encompass the grand Deathcon II vision, and everyone’s pitching in. Beauty, the clan’s artisan, is working on the citadel’s decor, Frank’s planning a fantastic firework display on the roof and music is provided by Infinity: the Artist Formerly Known as Minstrel Web.

Anthropomorphic personifications of ubiquitous, abstract concepts though they are (honorary or otherwise), The Horsemen are a small clan. Beauty, Frank and Infinity will each need your help before Deathcon II can kick off with insidious style.

Once everything’s up and running, you’ll have the run of the whole convention. Be sure to say hi to Father Aereck and Dardar, who’ll be manning a gravestone store; pop in on Pumpkin Pete, if you can find him; and share a drink or eight with Punchy the Octopus. Be sure to bring Eek along too, if you have her from the 2009 event. Halloween is her favourite time of the year and she’ll never forgive you if you don’t!

The event is open to everyone, free players and members alike, and will run for three weeks. All attendees will receive a Deathcon II lanyard to access the Horsemen’s citadel, and those who complete the tasks set by the organisers will receive an exclusive in-game t-shirt and a new emote. Members who complete the tasks will receive a bonus hourglass item, which can be wielded in the shield slot. These items will only be obtainable during Deathcon II, though, so be sure to get them while you can.

As you may be aware, there’s another major convention happening during Deathcon II: Runefest! Beauty’s sister Fame has something special planned in the theatre, which will remain closed until October the 29th. All will be revealed during Runefest, to attendees and non-attendees alike.

Mod Srowley

How to start Deathcon II:

Speak to Frank outside the Clan Camp’s western entrance.

Requirements:

None, although you’ll need to be a member to claim your hourglass.

In Other News...

- Members now have the opportunity to obtain a wicked hood, courtesy of the ZMI, from Tam McGrubor in Varrock. As well as giving a magic attack and magic defence bonus, the hood has a range of Runecrafting functions usable on a daily basis, including free runes, free essence and teleports to altars, as well as the ability to access them. Finally, it can be upgraded with talismans to expand its repertoire of rune types. Speak to McGrubor for full details, or see the manual.

- We’ve made a number of technical changes to the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon resource area which will make frost dragon killing harder and less profitable for bots, without impacting upon the experience of legitimate players. This is just the first in a series of initiatives we’re taking to tackle bots for good.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Was an ok event.

Emote is cool but what is the point of the hourglass?
The event was short, easy, and lack luster. The items were horrible. The emote was good. The destroying of frost dragon bots was epic. The RC hood is great for fast lunar spellbook change. In all I give it a 3 just due to the other news and the emote. If it was on the event itself it would be a 1.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Good part was the In other News, as always. Event was w/e. Like every holiday event
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Halloween event was fun, the chess part reminded me of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. XD Emote is awesome, the rest of the reward is alright. I still need to pick up the hood, but I'm sure it's decent. The updates to frost dragons is definitely good news; I may even try going back there sometime, but we'll see. ^_^
Well it was good, a bit confusing finding everything in such a large area.
Interesting how the "puzzles" seemed to get harder.
Like the emote smile I did event with "eek" and was funny
Picked up hood used omni tiara on it and teleported to lunar isle , great for switching to lunars !
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

More fun than I expected, plus it was nice to finally get puppetmaster as I missed Halloween last year. Hood seems like a nifty little item, if only for the lunar teleport. Overall not a bad update, and good to see they're at least making an attempt to cure frost dragon bots even if it won't work permanently.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I liked it! Made you think!
I was most excited by the frost dragons update, it looks really promising!

Also, 2 free teles a day to astral altar for lunar magics is just <33! Biggrin
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
(2011-10-18 04:08:43)Wendy Wrote:  Well it was good, a bit confusing finding everything in such a large area.
Interesting how the "puzzles" seemed to get harder.
Like the emote smile I did event with "eek" and was funny
Picked up hood used omni tiara on it and teleported to lunar isle , great for switching to lunars !

Does it like eat your tiara? I don't want to lose my tiara. Sad

I found the event rather fun. ^_^
I got last years emote too, so it keeps me happy. The reward is slightly pointless though. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treasure Hunter] Halloween - From This Weekend Ava 2 3,518 2014-10-25 10:06:43
Last Post: Debs
  [Update] Death's Door - Halloween Event Ava 5 5,910 2014-10-22 08:56:12
Last Post: Mabaa
  [BTS] Halloween Event Ava 0 1,882 2014-10-17 21:37:24
Last Post: Ava
  Christmas 2011: A Towering Feast Shay 13 8,099 2011-12-23 10:06:13
Last Post: Wendy
  Runefest 2011 Crow 14 9,070 2011-06-11 03:40:27
Last Post: AlchemyHawk