Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
16 61.54%
4 - It's pretty good.
5 19.23%
3 - Not bad.
3 11.54%
2 - Could be better.
0 0%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bot-Busting and Bonuses For All
Thread Closed 

(2011-10-22 16:45:58)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2011-10-22 09:36:04)Steven Wrote:  
(2011-10-22 05:17:53)ReturnFate Wrote:  This sudden announcement makes me seem like it is too good to be true. However if it does work out, I look forward to runecrafting my nature runes once again. Ohai 1.5m gp/hr.

They lost the golden joystick award to League of Legends, so now the clean up of the game shall take priority I hope.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/leagu...n-joystick
They also lost to Farmville. Lol

Farmville vs Runescape F2P...

Yeahh I'd pick Farmville for sure Wink

I think F2P will improve a TON if this update can kill the majority of bots. Last time I was in F2P, it was non-stop gold seller spam and botting :\
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
(2011-10-22 18:56:55)ReturnFate Wrote:  
(2011-10-22 05:17:53)ReturnFate Wrote:  This sudden announcement makes me seem like it is too good to be true. However if it does work out, I look forward to runecrafting my nature runes once again. Ohai 1.5m gp/hr.

They lost the golden joystick award to League of Legends, so now the clean up of the game shall take priority I hope.

The way it sounds, they started developing this shortly after all the drama with Jebrim, when they realized that legit players won't stand for this. But I do agree with the fact that the Golden Joystick awards might have played a role in all of this.

Do you mean Jiblix instead of Jebrim? Not sure of what drama with Jebrim happened Tongue
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
(2011-10-22 19:14:42)Exbajalator Wrote:  
(2011-10-22 18:56:55)ReturnFate Wrote:  

The way it sounds, they started developing this shortly after all the drama with Jebrim, when they realized that legit players won't stand for this. But I do agree with the fact that the Golden Joystick awards might have played a role in all of this.

Do you mean Jiblix instead of Jebrim? Not sure of what drama with Jebrim happened Tongue

Yes, my mistake. Must have had agility on my mind.

1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I'm glad that JaGeX seem to think they have found a permanent solution to certain types of bots, but we've heard all this before.

I'll look back a month on from this update and decide then whether it actually worked or not.

Also, I really don't see a point in running Bonus XP activities as a 'celebration' :/
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

(2011-10-22 20:58:43)UberSanta Wrote:  Also, I really don't see a point in running Bonus XP activities as a 'celebration' :/

Free exp never hurt anyone!
I picked 3. I'm absolutely thrilled for the botbusting, but I don't see the bonus exp things as great, as it devaluates slayer. But I loooove botbusting!
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I don't think 1 day of 3x slayer will devalue the whole skill. Tongue
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

How long will it last? We'll see. So glad to see that finally something's being done. I'm expecting those wandering around with botted stats aren't going to get banned which is slightly frustrating but at last the market shall be fixed smile

Not too impressed with the bonuses but whatever, no big deal Tongue Seems really bizarre singling a few events out which bots had an impact on and not others.. As much as I hate BXP weekends they seem a little better done than this to me Tongue
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
I'm too pessimistic with Jagex by this point to think it will actually work. I hope I am wrong and Jagex actually pull it off but I'm not holding my breath on it.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I downgraded my vote from "love it" to "it's pretty good" because, as optimisitc as I am, I still have doubts that they can truely eliminate the bots (efficiently).

Is slayer going to be busy on Tuesday, or what!??!?

What about Penguins on Wednesday/Thursday!?!? Lol
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bot-Busting Update: Legal Proceedings PiXeYstyx 7 4,820 2011-11-14 16:37:32
Last Post: PiXeYstyx