Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
1 7.69%
4 - It's pretty good.
0 0%
3 - Not bad.
2 15.38%
2 - Could be better.
1 7.69%
1 - Not worth it.
1 7.69%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
8 61.54%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Exclusive Goggles only in Chrome
Thread Closed 

Download Google Chrome here to receive a pair of exclusive goggles in this limited-time offer!

We’ve teamed up with Google to bring Chrome users a set of exclusive goggles to wear in-game. Whether you’re looking to style yourself as an eccentric engineer or to spruce up your forum avatar, these are a sartorially sound choice of headgear.

Google Chrome is a great choice for RuneScape players looking for a browser that’s speedy, secure and simple to use; it’s already the browser of choice for 26% of our users, and is used right here in the Jagex office. For a limited time, those who choose to log in using Google Chrome will receive a pair of these prismatic marvels as a free gift.

The goggles are available to free players and members alike. If you’re an existing Chrome devotee, you need only to log in and the goggles will be deposited into your bank. If you don’t currently have Chrome installed, you can download it for free here.

This spectrum-spanning set of eyewear is only available for a limited time and isn’t tradable, so be sure to grab your goggles while you can!

For further details, see our Chrome Goggles FAQ.

Once you have your goggles, why not enter our free competition for a chance to win £30 of Jagex Store vouchers?

Mod Nexus
Meh, I have em but probably won't wear it. I like my eyepatch.
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
They may call them goggles in England, but where I'm from it's called a blindfold.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I rather like these goggles, neat little perk for using the browser I already use.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Not gonna bother, happy with firefox. Tongue
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Downloaded Chrome.
Installed Chrome.
Logged into RS.
Received goggles.
Logged out of RS.
Closed Chrome.
Uninstalled Chrome.

Firefox remains, as do the goggles. To_keep_order

I don't mind Jagex trying to make a bit of extra money on the side; they have to make up for what they lost on the bot nuke. The only thing I'll get upset with is if they ask us to fill out a bunch of surveys for other websites in order to get these promotional items. Downloading an alternate internet browser can actually be helpful in some cases, so this isn't too bad.

I dunno how much I'll wear the goggles, but they're still nice to have.
YES FREE SUNGLASSES - MY RS LIFE IS COMPLETE! Wub

I use chrome anyway, well not to play rs on but for browsing - not going to snub my nose up to a free pair of sunglasses Biggrin
(2011-12-07 04:09:08)Agent Shay Wrote:  Downloaded Chrome.
Installed Chrome.
Logged into RS.
Received goggles.
Logged out of RS.
Closed Chrome.
Uninstalled Chrome.

I don't mind Jagex trying to make a bit of extra money on the side; they have to make up for what they lost on the bot nuke. The only thing I'll get upset with is if they ask us to fill out a bunch of surveys for other websites in order to get these promotional items. Downloading an alternate internet browser can actually be helpful in some cases, so this isn't too bad.

Yeah I never said it was hard or I have a problem with it..just something that does not interest me. smile XD

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-12-07 04:35:18)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2011-12-07 04:09:08)Agent Shay Wrote:  Downloaded Chrome.
Installed Chrome.
Logged into RS.
Received goggles.
Logged out of RS.
Closed Chrome.
Uninstalled Chrome.

Yeah I never said it was hard or I have a problem with it..just something that does not interest me. smile XD

Wasn't referring to your post, just posting what I did. ^_^ 'tis an update thread to discuss how we feel about the update; this is how I felt. (AKA: Chrome was not worth keeping for me, as I prefer Firefox. Simply personal preference.)
Aaah sorry, my mistake. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamestop Exclusive. Crow 31 18,290 2011-07-14 06:43:09
Last Post: Shay