Gamestop Exclusive.
Thread Closed 

Thoughts & opinions on this:

[Image: gamestop.png]

Generally I think it's a pathetic, Jagex are sell outs. It's basically giving player's an advantage because they buy from gamestop over others who don't. In England we don't even have a gamestop.
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
I want to know why they always do this kind of stuff in America first. Jagex HQ is in England <_<
Cuz gamestop offers them bigtimemoneeh
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
Another little update for me to not really care about. Jagex is a business, they're supposed to do things to make money, and Gamestop is giving it to them. There's really nothing more to it than that. Not that I approve of them offering a special item to accomplish this...but it is just a little Katana. It's not really getting an advantage, unless having the stat equivalent of a black sword is an advantage to you.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2011-06-16 18:43:02)Evaluate Wrote:  Another little update for me to not really care about. Jagex is a business, they're supposed to do things to make money, and Gamestop is giving it to them. There's really nothing more to it than that. Not that I approve of them offering a special item to accomplish this...but it is just a little Katana. It's not really getting an advantage, unless having the stat equivalent of a black sword is an advantage to you.

Some people like to have the item just for vanity reasons, though. For instance, I've always wanted to have a katana in the game as it's my favorite type of sword. Even if it has 0 stats, I'd still want it, just because it looks cool. Making it exclusive to GameStop only is just plain stupid. As others have mentioned, not every country has GameStop, so they're SOL from getting the item unless they want to pay someone half way around the world to buy the card for them and get the code to punch into their account.

Also, I'm pretty angry that they just now announced it was GameStop exclusive. The knowledge base article on it did NOT have that mentioned in it before today, and I know people who have already went out and bought cards from other retailers just to get the item. Ugh. >_<

At least with a few other MMOs I've played, you can get the items regardless of how you pay (debit/credit) or where you buy time cards. If you're a loyal paying customer, it shouldn't matter how you pay; the items should be available for every customer. It's not like they'd lose profit from making the offer available everywhere, you know? If anything, they'd gain more profit, because more people could participate.

Just doesn't really seem logical to me. *shrug*
(2011-06-17 00:57:07)Agent Shay Wrote:  
(2011-06-16 18:43:02)Evaluate Wrote:  Another little update for me to not really care about. Jagex is a business, they're supposed to do things to make money, and Gamestop is giving it to them. There's really nothing more to it than that. Not that I approve of them offering a special item to accomplish this...but it is just a little Katana. It's not really getting an advantage, unless having the stat equivalent of a black sword is an advantage to you.

Some people like to have the item just for vanity reasons, though. For instance, I've always wanted to have a katana in the game as it's my favorite type of sword. Even if it has 0 stats, I'd still want it, just because it looks cool. Making it exclusive to GameStop only is just plain stupid. As others have mentioned, not every country has GameStop, so they're SOL from getting the item unless they want to pay someone half way around the world to buy the card for them and get the code to punch into their account.

Also, I'm pretty angry that they just now announced it was GameStop exclusive. The knowledge base article on it did NOT have that mentioned in it before today, and I know people who have already went out and bought cards from other retailers just to get the item. Ugh. >_<

At least with a few other MMOs I've played, you can get the items regardless of how you pay (debit/credit) or where you buy time cards. If you're a loyal paying customer, it shouldn't matter how you pay; the items should be available for every customer. It's not like they'd lose profit from making the offer available everywhere, you know? If anything, they'd gain more profit, because more people could participate.

Just doesn't really seem logical to me. *shrug*

Have Patience, young grasshopper. You'll still have your chance at a Katana.

Mod Nexus Wrote:Mod Nexus: The Katana is going to be used for a promotional period with game cards to begin with; and will be used for other offers in the future (including other payment methods).

[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I agree with Evaluate, Jagex is comany, their job is to make money. Offering a Katana seems like a harmless way to do it, and if you can get it then a bonus for you. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-06-17 01:21:30)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I agree with Evaluate, Jagex is comany, their job is to make money. Offering a Katana seems like a harmless way to do it, and if you can get it then a bonus for you. smile

You must not have read my post, then. XD They'd make more money if they made it available through other methods as well. That way, players can get what they want and Jagex still profits.

@Evaluate: Thanks, didn't see that. It'll be nice if they follow through with it. I use debit instead of game cards. XD
SO MAD - I bought my 100 day membership card from Woolworths, we dont have have a Gamestop here - FU Jagex and i'll be getting a refund on my peice of shit gamecard that is now useless as i normally pay via credit card anyway.
(2011-06-17 02:18:20)Agent Shay Wrote:  
(2011-06-17 01:21:30)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I agree with Evaluate, Jagex is comany, their job is to make money. Offering a Katana seems like a harmless way to do it, and if you can get it then a bonus for you. smile

You must not have read my post, then. XD They'd make more money if they made it available through other methods as well. That way, players can get what they want and Jagex still profits.

@Evaluate: Thanks, didn't see that. It'll be nice if they follow through with it. I use debit instead of game cards. XD
I tend to stop reading carefully, I skimmed your last paragraph and I missed that. Sad Sorry. Wub
I see your point, but I dont think I agree. I dont much about this, but to me it seems Gamestop has payed them money to make this offer. Making it for all stores, the only money they would get is from people buying the membership. But the people buying membership would still buy it, rather they just buy it from another method instead of the card, so they wouldnt make much money. I doubt anyone would buy membership if they were originally just F2P.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exclusive Goggles only in Chrome Shay 13 8,335 2011-12-07 09:30:24
Last Post: Mini Kniight