Still Hold Onto Your Rares?
Thread Closed 

Hello Surreal and friends!

For awhile now I have seen the prices of items, particularly rares, begin to drastically decrease in value. I have determined this to be deflation of gold (with bots, gold became inflated) and with the bots and inflation of gold, RuneScapers resorted to investing their money into items, especially rares, which held their value and increased because of hyped up demand and that they are discontinued. On the 25th of October Bot Nuke Day took effect, this cleaned out 98% of the pesky bots in RuneScape. I hope we all can agree that bots were having a lasting negative impact on RuneScape and its future, if you disagree feel free to state your opinion. The removal of bots caused the input of gold into the economy to go down, and the demand for gold to go up. Just look at the price of Runes and how much they have gone up. Every raw material that I can recall has gone up. Which means its easier to make money because the demand for raw materials is higher which parallels why the deflation of gold is occurring.

Should you still hold onto your Rares? Why or why not?
Runescape Grand Exchange Item Search: http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_r...ontpage.ws

If you could, please take all these items into consideration: Christmas Cracker, Partyhats, Disk of Returning, H'weens, Santa Hat, Pumpkin, and finally Easter Eggs.

Thank you very much, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!Santa
Im holding onto my santa. In 5 years, it will be higher than it is now. As will all others. If you dont need money now, just wait it out.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Rares will always go up because there are no more coming into the game, whilst the market is a little unstable due to dicing/bots being removed they will in the long term rise again, I bought my santa at the beginning of this year when it was 74m, it has risen to 128m (did peak at around 150m before the bot nuke/dicing) it will eventually go back up purely because they are a rare item.
Considering I bought my green partyhat when it was 149m a few years ago, I see no reason sell it. Logic dictates that as time goes on, the only real trend of the price for rares to go is up.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
I don't own any rares myself. I used to have two green masks, but I eventually unloaded them at around 17m each which was a little over twice what I originally spent on them.

There are times when I wish I still had them, because based on the ge price that's a good 215m I could be sitting on today. But my feeling is that it's no harder for me to make that much money now than it was to make 16m with what I had available to me back then, except that at the moment my slow computer prevents me from doing any serious boss hunting. Still, I've got my fingers crossed that the prices will drop low enough for me to get back on board without much trouble, and if that opportunity arises I'm going to jump on it.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I had 4 santas back when they hit a low of 14m, and then sold them because they started dropping more, believe me I am kicking myself majorly in the ass for ever selling them....
[Image: sylvanas_wow_sig_by_katzenfan-d54n86z.png]
I'm still kicking my self in the ass, I almost had a Santa a few times and IDK why I didn't get one. Now I'll never be able to afford one because I suck at making money Sad
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Investing in rares is always a good option. As others have said, it may take time, but they WILL keep rising because they are the only ones in the game and there will never be more adding to the supply. There will be times they peak and times they crash, but overall, they are a safe investment in the long run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Christmas Rares Ava 2 3,282 2014-12-06 04:09:04
Last Post: Ava
  Answered Rares, What's going on? Shane 4 3,130 2011-12-17 14:29:30
Last Post: ReturnFate