Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
1 7.14%
4 - It's pretty good.
6 42.86%
3 - Not bad.
1 7.14%
2 - Could be better.
0 0%
1 - Not worth it.
2 14.29%
0 - Hate it.
3 21.43%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Troll Warzone
Thread Closed 

This week sees the conversion of Burthorpe and Taverley into the Troll Warzone – a massive area rework designed to drop new members right into the thick of things. There’s plenty to do even if you’re one of the old guard, though, so high-tail it to Burthorpe and do your bit to turn back the trollish tide!

The Troll Warzone is designed as a linear experience, so new members and low-levelled players will be taken straight to Burthorpe and placed into a tutorial mode, where they’ll be guided through the content in order. The more experienced among you will be given the choice to be teleported straight to Burthorpe to follow this preset path, or you can make your own way there and complete the content in whatever order you wish.

There’s plenty to do, whether you’re new to the game or a hardened veteran:

Let Them Eat Pie

Rolo the Stout is an unscrupulous merchant who is taking advantage of the plight of Taverley’s inhabitants to turn a quick profit, and whose one weakness is a finely crafted short crust. Grit your teeth, hold your nose and belay your culinary sensibilities to wreak vengeance upon this rotund racketeer’s digestive system.

To start Let Them Eat Pie, speak to Nails Newton outside the Pick and Lute tavern in Taverley.

Quest Reworks

Wolf Whistle, Druidic Ritual and Death Plateau have each been extensively re-written, to bring them in line with the quality and storyline of the rest of the area. If you’ve completed these quests before, you’ll still be able to play the new versions and will receive the rewards at the end, although you won’t receive any additional quest points. Wolf Whistle and Druidic Ritual are no longer requirements for training Summoning and Herblore, and Death Plateau is no longer a requirement for smithing claws.

Baby Troll Pet

War has victims on both sides, and one battle will introduce you to this little fellow. Visit the combat training area afterwards to adopt him, and he’ll stay with you indefinitely. Trolls are naturally long-lived, so you won’t see him grow up, and although you don’t need to give him food, he is always hungry. This is one troll that we would definitely recommend feeding...

Recommendation System

Gielinor’s a big place, and it can often be hard to decide what to do or where to explore next. Speaking to the skill tutors in the warzone will allow you to undertake recommended tasks, which give great training ideas to those of low to mid skill levels. You’ll even get a handy teleport to the necessary area, although there are limits on how often you can use it.

Graphical and Audio Update

The Troll Warzone is also the latest of our graphical improvements. As well as being rearranged, the two towns are now a bustling, chaotic frontline base, with wounded soldiers, beleaguered refugees and war-worn architecture, while retaining and enhancing the Imperialist and druidic style of their more peaceful incarnations. There’s some amazing new audio content too, with sampled atmospheric sounds, music and effects that change naturally as you tour the area.

...And Much More!

Along with all of this, there’s a pile of new stuff to help new members during their whistle-stop tour through their members’ benefits: a new two handed sword with a special attack; a customisable mage staff; a reworked version of the Dwarven Army Axe, which can be upgraded to give XP boosts helpful for speeding up low-level training; and the eternal gratitude of the Imperial Guard.

There’s never been a better time to be a member. If you’re considering making the switch to the members’ game, or have friends who’ve yet to give it a go, what’re you waiting for?

The Burthorpe Imperial Guard needs you!

Mod Mark, Mod Jack, Mod Liono, Mod Wilson, Mod Moltare and Mod Z

In Other News...

- Some quest starting zones, including Witch’s House and Grim Tales, have been moved to fit in with the rework of Burthorpe and Taverley. Some other frequently used features, such as the farming patch, have been moved too. Don’t worry, though – nothing’s been taken away!

- Melee armour up to steel (including square shields and kite shields), leather armour, and both blue and black wizard’s robes have been given a graphical overhaul.

- The blue skirt has been renamed to the wizard’s robe skirt, and the black skirt to the black robe skirt. Both now have small bonuses to magic attack and magic defence.

- For a look at the visual improvements we'll be making to higher-level armour, pay a visit to the mercenaries just north of Falador.

- There is now the option to travel to Burthorpe through your home teleport spell.

- We’ve made some visual improvements to the quest journal and task interfaces.

- Slayer monster respawn rates have been increased slightly to be closer to the respawn rate prior to Bot Nuke Day.

- All bank booths are now usable with a left-click "Bank" option.

- Clan Theatre emotes have been removed from the emotes interface when not in a Clan Theatre.

- The "Desperado" player title is now available from the Player Loyalty Store for a discounted price of 7500 loyalty points for a limited time of 2 weeks only.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
REALLY love this update, even if the new Burthorpe/Taverly confuses the hell out of me. This is an excellent new tutorial, much more interactive and in depth. The armor reworks look amazing, I'm super excited to see what the rest of them look like reworked.

Also, as an added kicker, we get the little baby pikmin oops i mean troll, which is just too cute.

Very nice update.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I agree with Evaluate, though I don't think high level players should have to do the tutorial to complete all tasks. For example, I had to clear 150 Ice Strykewyrms to get some crappy task of 5 things to complete a task. I also don't need to know how to do any of the tutorial things.

In my view, this part of the update is over done, it should of been optional.
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Very cool update imo, the graphical rework is very nice even though I'm a bit lost in Taverly and Burthorpe now. Haven't got around to do the tutorial or check out the reworked quests but really look out to those!

The new bank at Taverly might make summoning a lot easier and the left click bank option is very usefull but I'm not used to it yet!

I also like how they are reworking the old armour sets, so bronze doesn't look the same as rune but another color etc. New dragon, infinity and armadyl looks very cool imo!
Taverley and Burthorpe look very cool now, although I was definitely lagging with the amount of people running around in those areas completing very low level tasks. I like that they put that tutorial in, but it was a bit excessive.
[Image: Palabana.png]
How a troll makes it to adulthood, much less earns the rank of general at 12 combat is beyond me. But I'll overlook that because they sped up slayer respawns.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
5/5 on this update for me. Troll pet is a fun addition, since you can give it pretty hilarious names. Taverly and Burthorpe look awesome, although it was a bit confusing when first navigating. Once I opened the world map and glanced at it, it was a lot better. The new armor reworks are amazing, as always, and I can't wait to see future armor reworks implemented into the game. Slayer monster respawn timers increasing is also a big plus. The list goes on and on; definitely a nice batch of updates this week!
Horrible lag everywhere in game since this. Stupid tutorial needed to get back task master emotes (and comp cape) which seems silly, it's all so basic. I'd have been put off members myself if I had to do this. It's fine being there but why make high level players do that? I had a recommendation of getting 2 stats to level 4................

Wasn't quality assured in the slightest- can guarantee parts weren't checked in the slightest before being put into game. "Let's put in tasks. Shall we check you can still do task related rewards?" "No that takes 20 seconds don't be stupid, players are beta testers".

Gave it a 1 though, removing clan emotes from the emote screen, left click banking are faster slayer spawns are all a nice addition. A very belated addition at that though.
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
A lot of epic updates "in other news", slayer tasks, citadel emotes, 1 click banking ftw, and tbh Justin I'm sure they'll change some things about the way the tasks work, it is full of bugs atm I think

What I really hope is that they fix the lag, but permanently Tongue They keep fixing it (for me at least), but then it gets worse again >_<.
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
Yeah I'm getting massive amounts of lag after the update and found everything very confusing at first, which would be unfortunate for newer members who have joined, but I suppose if you don't know anything different it won't be too big a difference.

I still have to even start the new quest or retry the quests they've edited, but as for the baby troll you can muck around with, the banks being left clickable now and slayer task respawns being sped up it's a plus in my eyes, I'm sure they'll weed out the bugs and lag, hopefully quicker then usual though XD

Thing I'd like to add is with the recommendations you can accept them and be teleported right to the area, which means we have a new teleport method (I believe you can do this multiple times as well).

Also Mod Timbo was in w114 saying basically how people can be using items such as bandos godsword on their little troll and having it follow you around inbetween pkers, place your guy on the loot and watch the mass of pkers run thinking it's someones loot who has died lol. I'm assuming that was part of their means and the "trolling" part that comes with the lil troll Biggrin

Gave it a 4/5 anyway, was more then I expected.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post your troll Gold beam moments here (screenshots only) Joseph 12 8,123 2014-03-05 07:02:31
Last Post: Papa Malice
  New taverly update + TROLL BABY Exciled 9 5,125 2012-02-01 11:54:06
Last Post: Jos
  Troll Invasion Shay 35 20,463 2011-06-23 15:06:19
Last Post: Smith