Name Availability
Thread Closed 

Noticed this yesterday, thought it was pretty interesting. Just sharing for anyone that should want a specific name that is currently unavailable.

Mod Steve Wrote:Hi everyone,

We often see people on these forums asking when a particular name will be freed up. We know it can be a a source of frustration for you when a cool name you really want is sitting on an account that hasn't been played for years. Thanks to Mod Jane who has championed this cause on your behalf - we can now share a bit of information with you regarding account names.

So we've had a good look at all these dormant accounts and identified those who we believe the names should be freed up for. At the same time we do have to respect that some of these accounts may have been members and may have gained some fairly decent game stats, and as they are always welcome to return to the game we wouldn't want to take away names from people who have invested time and effort in their accounts.

As a result of the name review we currently have around 140 million names that will be freed up, we've already released 50 million names, and the other 90 million will be released gradually over the next month or so.

We hope this will go some way to helping our active members get a name they really like, good luck if you are waiting on one - it may be available sooner than you had imagined!

Cheers,

Steve

QFC: 250-251-53-63556915
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...3,63556915
Nice Biggrin I hope the name I want becomes free smile
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! I was wondering when they'd release more names. ^_^
I want either Nick or Asylum and then I would never change my name again. But I think Jagex has a ban on anything that has to do with Asylum because no name will work with that word in it
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
Wow thanks for sharing!
I am really frustrated now because I recently changed my name for the first time in over a year, and now all these new names are being released..GAH! Angry2 Hopefully I can still snag one I really like when I can change mine again.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Thanks for sharing! Probably wouldn't have known this :9

[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
What's the ratio of good names to banned rwt bot names?
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-02-09 02:49:31)Dave Wrote:  What's the ratio of good names to banned rwt bot names?

Probably pretty poor. I wouldn't count on getting any special names, but thanks for posting this smile
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2012-02-09 06:30:24)Evaluate Wrote:  
(2012-02-09 02:49:31)Dave Wrote:  What's the ratio of good names to banned rwt bot names?

Probably pretty poor. I wouldn't count on getting any special names, but thanks for posting this smile

Indeed, out of those 90 million names probarly 89 million will be Pur3pk3r69x, Wangwuq5674 or any other gold farmer's account name.

I guess those 1 million names will be pretty rare though. Last time they cleaned other names up a lot of rl names and 'rare' names became free.

I have added quite a few names to my friends list but there are only 2 where I'm hoping for.
It's certainly still worth keeping an eye on over the next month if you have a name you're interested in, but I'm not counting on getting anything I might want. Even if it opened up, I'm not sure I'd want to switch anyway. I like the name I have now.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Username Availability: A Game of Luck or Strategy? Whiskey 8 5,475 2012-05-29 07:42:07
Last Post: Bug