[Answered] Slayer setup help
Thread Closed 

Since I finished buying 95 prayer and all my buyable are done all my cash will be used into gearing up to do slayer. I want to do slayer as fast as possible, cannoning all tasks and turmoiling, using extreme sets and sometimes some ovls. Which setup do you guys recommend for me to buy. Right now I plan on buying some ganodermic for some mage tasks and I dont know if I should get some range gear or use my void. Which is the best melee gear for me to use?

Also which tasks should I melee, range and mage?
Dont range unless you want range xp. Its too slow. If you do range, stick with slayer helm. 15% is better than 10% given by void.
Only mage Ice strykes and ganos.
If you already have ahrims, id use that instead of gano. Cheaper to repair, and only 1 less mage attack.
Melee everything else. If youre rich, full bandos, and turm everything. If you're a bit short on cash, Bandos tassets, and prosylete Top.
For tasks where the cannon does most of the damage, like Black demons, dark beasts, and aberrant spectres, i use full prossy.

Im sure by know, you know what can help you go faster and what wont. Just mess around with different set-ups for different tasks, till you find what you like.

Obviously skip slow tasks.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Pretty much what Zephyr said. Can't think of anything else to add here. smile
* Ferocious ring, extreme range, and rune darts(p) is a cheap way to kill greaters and hellhounds as fast or faster than rapier IMHO.
* Ardy cape > soul wars/fire cape most times (maging, stabbing with rapier)
* Outside Kuradel, obviously use new Tokhaar ring.
* use cls on gargoyles (it really is faster than rapier there) and on wyverns if u didn't block
* Titan + urns for nechraels chaos tunnels, titan + gano + maul is good for chaos tunnel fiends.
* Maging steels is marginally faster than melee, but changing gear etc makes it seem not worth it to me. Definitely block blue dragons and any non-ganodermic fungus creatures.

** Monk robes > proselyte for deflection damage against black demons, dark beasts, etc. The extra +2 pray points from prossy is much less useful than deflect damage.
If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.
[Image: Kivandien.png]
So from what I got my setup will be

>Full Slayer Helm
>Fury Amulet
>Rapier/CLS/Maul
>Prossy Tops (then buying bandos when I get the cash)
>Bandos Tassets
>Dragon Defender
>Barrow Gloves
>Dragon Boots
>RoW

Since I'm still 85 slayer so I wont mage so far and not ranging anymore, just xp from cannon.
I can't really add too much to what gear you should use since it's already been stated, so just some tips to speed things up more.

It's worth being on lunars for most of the time so that you don't have to return to kuradel at all, just use the contact spell to speed things up. If you need to switch magics to normal spellbook, you can also use the lunars contact spell as well now.

Get multiple Slayer rings, if the task you get from Kuradel isn't worth doing, teleport to Sumona and cancel the task, then use contact again.

Tasks you should cannon include Dark Beasts, Kalphites (Pretty good, but switch to a highly populated world to speed their respawns up, about 55k/hr task), Greaters in rev dunge, Daggonaths, Abby demons, Black demons, Ganodermics, Hellhounds and Bloodvelds. Quite a fair few if you're willing to really speed them up. I don't reckon Ice strykes are worth cannoning, it seriously misses way too much that you just waste too much cash and do plenty of damage with casting spells anyway.

For the ice strykes use surgebox, for the ganos use mage book, rest is just the best mage gear setup you can get.

Also for ashes tasks such as Black demon, each urn picks up 25 infernal ashes. So you just divide your task by 25 and you have the amount you can bring for some extra prayer xp. Definitely worth having them imo. The greater demons is alot less, 3 or 4 urns for them due to different ashes.

Use the wicked hood to quickly teleport to bloodvelds or to lunar to reattain lunar spells after a icestryke task.

Iron or Steel titans for Greaters, Kalphites, Bloods, Abby specs, Hellhounds, Waterfiends (at chaos tunnels). That's all I know of from the list of tasks that I do anyway.
The dark beasts and black demons aren't multicombat, something I messed up a few times lol...

Anyway that's all I can think of off the top of my head atm, quickly getting between tasks and not switching gear heaps or knowing what gear you need to switch to quickly can be important. Personally I use the same gear for all of my melee tasks.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Thanks everyone now with exbaj post I think everything is covered
Only one more question, to cannon kalphites do I use the place that we get after doing a quest right? If yes, the quest is Do no evil or am I wrong?
That's the place and the quest, yes smile
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Don't do abyssal demons, slow xp/hr and hardly any profit.

Use Tokhaar Kal on all tasks at all times, and if you don't have it then use the fire cape. The difference between the fire cape and Ardougne Cloak 4 are slight and depend on what task you're doing. Monsters with low defence that you will be using turmoil on, ac4 is the cape, tasks with higher defence or one you won't be using turmoil on (though I don't know of any tasks other than mage based ones that you should be not using it on) fire cape. The difference really isn't that great, and I'd suggest just using the fire cape if you're lazy or can't be bothered to check/remember the statistics for every task.

Also ranging is a waste of time anywhere, you'll be getting ranged experience from the cannon anyways.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Btw if u yak then u can bank all d bones, turte shells etc

I disagree on ardy cape - if monsters have high def the +6 stab helps.
If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.
[Image: Kivandien.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,139 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  General Interface/Bar Setup Thrashkick 6 3,907 2016-12-05 16:39:54
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  [Update]Winter Weekends - Slayer and Bosses Ava 0 2,182 2014-12-28 19:41:22
Last Post: Ava
  Slayer Questions AlchemyHawk 5 4,616 2014-03-03 21:25:38
Last Post: Gatrie
  Slayer Questions Dave 4 4,220 2014-01-16 04:55:41