[Answered] Which skill to train in the BEW
Thread Closed 

As you all probaply know by now, the bonus experience weekend is back on the 16th of march 2012. For the past BEW's I have never really prepared for it and just trained whaterever I felt like. I would like to make a plan for this one though.
I want a 80+ base, and Mining and Agility 99. I do not have too much money to spend. So, what do you believe is best for me to train in the BEW?

[Image: skillspic.PNG]
Picture taken on 2nd of March 2012
For me, you should look at getting your buyables to 80, for instance Con, Herb, Fletch (maybe) and Craft. Then you could do Thieving in Pyramid Plunder to 80 cos that'll be fast.

Also I would highly recommend you do a full farming run of the best seeds you can do when BXP starts so you can easily hit over 70 in the first few minutes =)
Do a couple farm runs with the best trees you can plant, then go to Soul wars bank and train Herblore to 80 (you could do construction too but there is SC Hammers to help with the cost of that). Depending on what your XP counter is looking like you could try another buyable like crafting.
Then you could train whatever slower skills you feel like: runecrafting, agility, mining etc.

That is my advice. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Its probably too late to buy supplies for buy-able, because once the announcement is made, everything gets bought out.

However, the first bxp, I tried buying Dragon hides for crafting, and they were not bought out. I had to tan 10k myself, but was worth it.

Just try buying random things, but chances are, most would be bought out.

If you cant buy anything, Just do agility.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Despite not having a lot of money, this is a good time to train a buyable skill if you can get your materials without overpaying. A lot of people do a big farming run at the beginning with just trees, which earns them 2.7x farming xp on all the trees over the first 5 minutes or so. People also like to use their summoning charms when their multiplier falls to 1.1.

From there, I would recommend training herblore to 80 if you can afford it, followed by one of your non-buyable skills. Herblore is among the most expensive skills in the game, and you can get 2x construction or crafting xp at any time by playing stealing creation.

For your non-buyable skill, I recommend agility or runecrafting. Agility is a skill that doesn't make you any money while you train it, so gaining more xp in a shorter time makes more sense over skills where you do earn money. Runecrafting can make money at 63, but it makes much more money at 82, so shortening the time it takes to get there would also be a wise move.

You can also look at http://www.clansurreal.com/board/thread-4052.html and see what the rest of us are doing. That may give you some ideas.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I'll be selling floors during bxp, so Dungeoneering! <333
This topic has been marked as answered. If you believe this is wrong please PM a staff member.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Skill Pets Nick 6 7,205 2016-08-23 09:07:09
Last Post: Nick
  The best wc method for skill week! Sir_Sparhawk 3 3,436 2016-01-28 00:18:51
Last Post: Geech
  Fastest skill Myster Q 7 7,213 2015-04-14 06:44:21
Last Post: Myster Q
  [Treasure Hunter] Skill Outfit Head Add-Ons Ava 5 6,845 2014-09-26 02:03:27
Last Post: old_jon
Speech bubble Favourite Skill(s) Frosty 140 72,103 2014-03-01 21:22:49
Last Post: Papa Malice