Fastest skill
Thread Closed 

To all of the great minds of Surreal, I have a question for you!

What is the fastest skill to get to level 99 and/or to 200M xp, counting all of the time it takes to get the requirements for it as well?

Requirements
The meaning of requirements has to be taken very broad. It could be money you need for the materials. It could be the gear you need (armour, weapons, mining pick, hatchet ...). It could be skill requirements from other skills. It could be a quest you need for the preferred training method. Try to think about everything that takes time and take that time into consideration when getting to a conclusion.

Take Summoning for example. It could be a very fast skill to get to 99. Yet making all of the money for it takes time as well. Perhaps you have a money making method that makes you 1 million coins an hour, but perhaps that method requires a quest or some skills too? Then there is also the time it takes to get all the charms, but not only that time: you also have to take into account the time it took to get the combat requirements to kill the monsters that drop those charms. Perhaps some preferred monster has a quest requirement... And so on and so on.

In essence, you could say the idea is that you make a new account and from that moment, add up all the amount of time it takes to get a skill to 99 or 200M xp.

Level 99 or 200M xp
I would also like you to consider whether the fastest skill to 99 is also the fastest skill to 200M xp. Imagine an incredibly slow skill that has a new training method at level 98, which happens to be incredibly fast. Because of the first 98 levels, it could be a slow skill to get to 99. However, getting it to 200M xp could be very fast because of the fast method unlocked at level 98.

This question is purely hypothetical. I am not planning on using it to set some sort of record. I am just curious whether we will be able to select a skill (or perhaps two skills) on which we unanimously agree is the fastest skill. smile

If this thread does give you the idea to try and set some sort of record: go for it and make Surreal proud! Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]
Cooking if you have the money, getting the gauntlets its easy peasy and its smooth sailing from there or thieving now lol
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
i have no idea which one is the fastest

dg with a good team can be really fast
herblaw ofc
summoning is piss fast
idk the best rates of smithing in artisans, think it could be quite fast
cooking if doing wines (for 99 not unreal but idk if anyone would do it for 200m since cooking rocktails is so much cheaper)
crafting - cutting dragonstones
fletching - broads
(2015-04-13 00:00:45)Shawn Wrote:  Cooking if you have the money, getting the gauntlets its easy peasy and its smooth sailing from there or thieving now lol

Did you imagine starting off with a new account? The requirements for the gauntlets are indeed not that bad, but it may take some time if you have to start from scratch. The same goes for the money. I'd say Cooking is not the most expensive skill, but making enough money to get it to 99 or even 200M xp does take some time. If you have to start making the money without any skills or money to begin with, it isn't too easy either.

Thieving does indeed seem like a fast skill too. You can start right of and you don't have many requirements before being able to get some fast xp. Since you also added the 'now' in there, I am guessing you are referring to Prifddinas though. That place does have some heavy requirements if you'd have to start from a new account.

Would you still say one of these skills is the fastest to 99 or 200M xp now?

(2015-04-13 05:52:00)Jonathan Wrote:  i have no idea which one is the fastest

dg with a good team can be really fast
herblaw ofc
summoning is piss fast
idk the best rates of smithing in artisans, think it could be quite fast
cooking if doing wines (for 99 not unreal but idk if anyone would do it for 200m since cooking rocktails is so much cheaper)
crafting - cutting dragonstones
fletching - broads

I don't think you really considered that part about requirements I wrote. All of the skills you just listed are very fast, but most of them have some high requirements too.
  • Dungeoneering can definitely be a fast skill, but in order to do it best, you need overall good skills. Unless you meant leeching all the way to 99 or 200M xp of course.
  • Herblore can also be very fast, but it would take a long time to make all of that money.
  • Same goes for Summoning, I gave some time consuming examples for that in my original post.
  • The fastest rates for Smithing are also rather costly.
  • Same goes for Crafting, definitely with dragonstones.
  • Fletching requires some money to start off too. I'm not sure about the broads method though.

Thank you both for your responses! Biggrin As you see, I'm really trying to start a discussion here. Tongue I think it may turn into an interesting one. You've already started contributing to that. Biggrin
I'm just going to go off of the rs07 rates and say thieving is quickest. The speed of thieving hasn't changed too much since then and doesn't require any cash really. The second was cooking.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Now with Runespan I'd put my vote into Runecrafting. It's not the fastest xp in the world, but there is literally zero requirements to get the best xp in game for it. There's the Runecrafting outfit from Great Orb Project, but it's been written off as not worth the time it takes to get the outfit so there's really nothing more to it than just going to Runespan and racking up xp.

There's nothing preventing you from making a new account and running straight to Runespan and getting 1-50 in a day, 1-99 in 2-3 weeks. No tools you need to acquire, no quests, no special boosts, just raw xp gains.

For 200m though I would probably put my money on Hunter, as painful as it would be. There's not really any requirements, and to get the 5% boost all you need to do is take a couple hours doing charm sprites, which are good xp anyway. Once you've got that done it's pretty much a straight shot to carpel tunnel and 200m at ~300k xp/hr.
Tbh I'm betting on construction being the quickest to 200m. When doing demonic thrones it is 12m xp/hr, and even though it is almost 1k gp/xp I think the time saved would allow you to make the gp and still be quicker than any other skill.

Though, this is all theoretical as it is unrealistic to be able to have 12b gp saved for only one hour of training.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Thanks for the responses! Biggrin

Although you all have good arguments, you did all select different skills. I do wonder whether we can come to a single conclusion. Tongue

We've had some buyable and non-buyable skills too, but no combat skills yet. What do you think about those? You can start doing those from the first minute you make your account and probably keep going to 99 or 200M xp with the money from the drops you make. Any thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Skill Pets Nick 6 7,177 2016-08-23 09:07:09
Last Post: Nick
  The best wc method for skill week! Sir_Sparhawk 3 3,421 2016-01-28 00:18:51
Last Post: Geech
  [Treasure Hunter] Skill Outfit Head Add-Ons Ava 5 6,830 2014-09-26 02:03:27
Last Post: old_jon
Speech bubble Favourite Skill(s) Frosty 140 71,800 2014-03-01 21:22:49
Last Post: Papa Malice
  Invention Skill: New skill for runescape Joseph 17 13,893 2013-12-07 22:10:01