[Answered] BXP question
Thread Closed 

The "lost" money is potential torstol profit that you miss out on when you plant fellstalk.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Pretty much, I've been telling people they should do torstol's for a while now >.<

You get about 500k profit per farm run with them, assuming none are dead. The dead patches are countered with the seeds you get back and you make a the time saved is by not having to also go spend the extra time making the cash you could of gotten from the torstol's instead of getting an extra 3k - 4k extra xp for the farm run.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I really don't get how people are profiting from Torstol runs.. >.>

The seeds are 288K, 5x288 = 1440K.
Lets say I get an average of 8 herbs per patch, so 8 x 5 = 40. Clean Torstols are 35.4K. 40 x 35.4K = 1416K
1440-1416= -24K

Maybe at 99 farming you get a lot more herbs idk. I use Jujus, magic secateurs and all that, so of course I have runs that I get like 50-60 herbs, but i also have runs that get like ~30 herbs. Also I can earn like 150-200K I think doing toadflax, which is nice because I do not have to sell the herbs/buy the seeds back right away because they cost so much (which is REALLY) annoying for me.

Also I can get a ton of xp with fellstalks. smile Considering I do not plant other trees, that is how I get my farm xp.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-03-21 14:52:28)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I really don't get how people are profiting from Torstol runs.. >.>

The seeds are 288K, 5x288 = 1440K.
Lets say I get an average of 8 herbs per patch, so 8 x 5 = 40. Clean Torstols are 35.4K. 40 x 35.4K = 1416K
1440-1416= -24K

Maybe at 99 farming you get a lot more herbs idk. I use Jujus, magic secateurs and all that, so of course I have runs that I get like 50-60 herbs, but i also have runs that get like ~30 herbs. Also I can earn like 150-200K I think doing toadflax, which is nice because I do not have to sell the herbs/buy the seeds back right away because they cost so much (which is REALLY) annoying for me.

Also I can get a ton of xp with fellstalks. smile Considering I do not plant other trees, that is how I get my farm xp.

Your farming level dont make you harvest more herbs.

I already said something about farming torstols x farming other seeds when asked about best profit.

As you already stated, you barely make a profit, but each herb of torstol are 35k, so everything above the 8 herbs your profit gets bigger and bigger while doing toadflax that each herb is only 4k, you need a lot more herbs to profit more.

A good way to see which herb has better profit is doing this simple math
herb seed price / clean herb price, higher the number, harder to make profit. Atleast it is what I do
Did 3 farm runs today, I got during them:

49 Herbs, 1 seed back during first.
46 Herbs during second.
52 Herbs during third.
and I just did another one for a test and got
56 Herbs

The good thing is that after I get more then 40 or however many in the farm run I start to make massive profit because of how much each torstol is worth, and thus the massive amount of cash you get from them.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I know how to do maths Knight. Tongue
Ok so glad I wasn't missing something. You guys are just a lot more productive from your farm runs I guess. Wink

P.S. Also Dave, he didn't mention tortsols or any other herbs in the slightest, so how would I know he meant that?

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

It wasn't very well explained, but I understood just because it's not new information to me. I was just trying to shed a little more light on the subject, but then maybe I didn't do any better.

Anyway, I think I average around 50 or so torstols per run, although I'm not keeping track. The scroll of life gives me back 10% of seeds, which means on average I'll use 4.5 seeds per run instead of 5. Again, I'm not keeping notes, but based on that rough estimate I'm making 400k per run.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Like I said, I do not get as many herbs per run as you fellows do.
It seems like Runescape wants to prove my point, that last 3 herb runs I had were 27, 38, 19 due to 3 herbs dying each time. :/ Though usually I get more than that.

The answer is... KETCHUP!!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP6lMXDlQ3Rq7aQca-Tg7...xF-NvxOjRY]

Micah, it sounds like you're doing okay with Felstalks and farming that way so stick with what is working for you and you are enjoying. Good

Quote:Dave
Monster Skiller
RE: BXP question
The "lost" money is potential torstol profit that you miss out on when you plant fellstalk.

Dave, that's called an "opportunity cost" and that's way too boring accounting type of talk that I usually go on with at work. Put it away, Dave. Put it away!! No
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Lmao Jon, you always know how to cheer me up, thanks a lot. Wub

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random xp question. Rawries 7 5,634 2013-03-20 21:56:34
Last Post: Rawries
  Juju Potions Question and Suggestions Specttrall 8 6,087 2012-11-30 04:47:17
Last Post: Specttrall
  Answered Question about the Squeel or Wheel of Fortune. Huey 2 3,302 2012-11-03 21:16:10
Last Post: Huey
  Answered Stupid question really... Skyrim 7 4,732 2012-02-01 20:52:42
Last Post: Shay
  Answered chinchompa question Nadhazazon 7 4,522 2011-10-17 22:20:08
Last Post: Shay