[Answered] BXP question
Thread Closed 

(2012-03-22 03:59:53)old_jon Wrote:  
Quote:Dave
Monster Skiller
RE: BXP question
The "lost" money is potential torstol profit that you miss out on when you plant fellstalk.

Dave, that's called an "opportunity cost" and that's way too boring accounting type of talk that I usually go on with at work. Put it away, Dave. Put it away!! No

I'm not the one who decided the concept needed a name. Go complain to your accountant buddies at work.Tongue
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I just farm whatever seeds slayer monsters drop for me Biggrin
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Wow, I don't check another clan's forums for a few days and this happens ô.ô

Snaps are roughly 48k gp and 831 xp per patch, torstol are 41k gp and 1862 xp per patch, and fellstalk are 7.4k gp and 2551 xp per patch.

Naturally, we'd use the most profitable herb as the baseline (snapdragon). So torstols cost 7k gp and earn 1031 xp, and fellstalk cost 40.6k and earn 1720 xp. We can use these numbers to calculate gp/xp: torstols are 7 gp/xp and fellstalk are 23.6 gp/xp.

So ya, fellstalk are more expensive than magic trees.

I should also make it clear that the average herb yield without jujus is about 8, and 10.75 with. Furthermore, yields aren't evenly distributed:

[Image: Ls7Gr.png]

Yields of 7 occurred most often, with 6 being the next most common.
I appreciate you trying to help, but to me it feels like you are trying to tell me how to play, which bugs me (no offence).
Also, I hope you know that not everyone views the "opportunity cost" the same, as Jon put it. To someone who can make 10M/hr merchanting, herb runs are a completely dumb idea. You say that fellstalk are more expensive than magic trees which isn't fair, considering you don't know any background information on the topic. This is because technically fellstalk are FAR from more expensive than magic trees, I just lose out on your "opportunity cost".
So Shay (or some other staff), my question is answered, can you lock this please?
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

It's more about providing people with knowledge than anything else; ultimately it's your decision.
As per Micah's request,

This topic has been marked as answered. If you believe this is wrong please PM a staff member.

Note: Information is nice, but please keep in mind that certain people have certain play styles they like to follow. We appreciate any useful and helpful information, but some people want to play the game for fun and relaxation. ^_^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random xp question. Rawries 7 5,639 2013-03-20 21:56:34
Last Post: Rawries
  Juju Potions Question and Suggestions Specttrall 8 6,105 2012-11-30 04:47:17
Last Post: Specttrall
  Answered Question about the Squeel or Wheel of Fortune. Huey 2 3,307 2012-11-03 21:16:10
Last Post: Huey
  Answered Stupid question really... Skyrim 7 4,736 2012-02-01 20:52:42
Last Post: Shay
  Answered chinchompa question Nadhazazon 7 4,532 2011-10-17 22:20:08
Last Post: Shay