Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
1 14.29%
4 - It's pretty good.
0 0%
3 - Not bad.
2 28.57%
2 - Could be better.
2 28.57%
1 - Not worth it.
1 14.29%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mad May and Wild Weekends
Thread Closed 

Throughout May, we’ll be offering a series of magnificently mad bonuses to RuneScape members.

Every day over the course of May, RuneScape members will receive a bonus daily spin on the Squeal of Fortune. If you’re a member for the whole of May, not only will you receive the extra spins, but you’ll also get the following:

5000 Loyalty Points
An item which doubles XP gained, up to a total of 250,000 XP.

All this, in addition to the monstrously cool content coming your way in May (keep an eye out for Behind the Scenes, coming soon), means there’s never been a better month to be a member.

We’ll also be bringing you something different – but always amazing - each weekend during May. We won’t say what these Wild Weekends will entail just yet, but keep an eye on the website’s news section for details. All will be revealed very soon!

If you have any questions, head on over to our FAQ.

The RuneScape Team
Quote:We’ll also be bringing you something different – but always amazing - each weekend during May. We won’t say what these Wild Weekends will entail just yet,

Is Jagex introducing "dirty weekends"?!??! Shok

RUNESCAPE IS NOT A DATING GAME!
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

I think it's a joke that Jagex is trying so hard for money. What happened to the Runescape where money wasn't the goal for the game..
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
(2012-04-23 04:45:34)Angus Wrote:  I think it's a joke that Jagex is trying so hard for money. What happened to the Runescape where money wasn't the goal for the game..

Quite a few MMO betas are being released between now and May. I think Jagex is trying to reel back their straying customers by enticing them with rewards like the ones mentioned in the update. Who knows for sure, though. It's a win/win for people who plan to stay, at least.
(2012-04-23 05:13:47)Shay Wrote:  
(2012-04-23 04:45:34)Angus Wrote:  I think it's a joke that Jagex is trying so hard for money. What happened to the Runescape where money wasn't the goal for the game..

Quite a few MMO betas are being released between now and May. I think Jagex is trying to reel back their straying customers by enticing them with rewards like the ones mentioned in the update. Who knows for sure, though. It's a win/win for people who plan to stay, at least.

True but it seems more to me like a "O s*** we made people leave due to the SoF fiasco and now we need to make up for it" type of move. It could also be celebrating Optimus going live as the second bot nuke and fixing the FPS like what they did with the first bot nuke by giving the bonus xp and all that.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Honestly, I don't really care about the reasons. All I know for sure is I'll be a member in May and am looking forward to my bonuses lol smile
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
awesome ill be on vacation from the 5th to 15th Sad
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
(2012-04-23 06:53:43)Gohankuten Wrote:  
(2012-04-23 05:13:47)Shay Wrote:  

True but it seems more to me like a "O s*** we made people leave due to the SoF fiasco and now we need to make up for it" type of move. It could also be celebrating Optimus going live as the second bot nuke and fixing the FPS like what they did with the first bot nuke by giving the bonus xp and all that.

If that's what they have in mind, I sure hope it's better thought out than the last one. They had a number of one day events where it didn't really help anyone because they forced everyone to compete for the same resources to get the bonus.

Personally, I think if you want to get back lost customers, your best bet is to find the cause and attack the problem there. Jagex isn't going to do that. Those customers aren't ever going to pay anything above their monthly membership fees, so Jagex liquidated them.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-04-23 07:06:34)Bug Wrote:  Honestly, I don't really care about the reasons. All I know for sure is I'll be a member in May and am looking forward to my bonuses lol smile
This lol. smile

People work too much behind all this reasoning and motives, but in the end you can't change it anyway so just enjoy the content. Grin
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Agreed. At least they're not trying to sell it to me.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update]Winter Weekends - Slayer and Bosses Ava 0 2,182 2014-12-28 19:41:22
Last Post: Ava
  [Update] Winter Weekends - Skilling Ava 0 2,173 2014-12-05 17:48:59
Last Post: Ava
  Wild Weekends: Monkey Mania Mini Kniight 5 4,106 2012-05-24 21:23:09
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Wild Weekends: Double Drops and Monkey Mayhem Mini Kniight 9 5,359 2012-05-18 01:24:44
Last Post: Dave