The Evolution of Combat
Thread Closed 

Sounds intriguing. I'm curious to see what they've got planned. Probably won't be testing out the beta, going away on an overseas holiday just before it begins.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
I may choose to test the beta.. i wonder if they are just going to let everyone test it or have certain requirements. I am sure it will be members only though. I assume they don't like how AFKable their current combat system and how overpowered melee is.

Anyways, I am excited for this. I should just be getting enough money by then to start slaying again.
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
The free game caps earlier and has to be worked out separately from the members game. From a balancing standpoint Jagex would be foolish not to include those players at some point in the process, but then it wouldn't be the dumbest thing they've done this year.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Concerned about the extra clicking likely to be involved in the new combat system, I joked with a (long lost) friend that I woud hurry up and finish melee training. My friend offered the suggestion that Jagex would "get me" with a new combat skill, to which I imagined "Psychic Combat"! No
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

(2012-05-15 03:45:45)old_jon Wrote:  Concerned about the extra clicking likely to be involved in the new combat system, I joked with a (long lost) friend that I woud hurry up and finish melee training. My friend offered the suggestion that Jagex would "get me" with a new combat skill, to which I imagined "Psychic Combat"! No

I read somewhere that a mod said no new skill would come from this.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2012-05-15 03:45:45)old_jon Wrote:  Concerned about the extra clicking likely to be involved in the new combat system, I joked with a (long lost) friend that I woud hurry up and finish melee training. My friend offered the suggestion that Jagex would "get me" with a new combat skill, to which I imagined "Psychic Combat"! No

Haha go to some Jedi type fighting with flips and lightsabers. And the force.. cannot forget about the force
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
I most definitely will not be checking this out as far as I am concerned my cmb level is not changing (the f2p levels) other than eventually doing more summoning.

[Image: micosig.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,668 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,591 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,656 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  Evolution of Combat l Zephyr l 12 7,975 2012-11-27 18:28:24
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  Evolution of Combat Launches 20th November! AlchemyHawk 23 13,499 2012-11-09 14:18:08
Last Post: Dick