The Evolution of Combat
Thread Closed 

Last week you may have spotted Mark talking about an exciting addition to RuneScape coming your way. The eagle-eyed among you might even have seen some of the teasers we’ve released over recent weeks. It gives us great pleasure to announce that the evolution of combat is well into development and will be coming this summer. In fact, this update is so huge it promises to be one of the largest content updates in RuneScape’s history!

At RuneFest 2011, Mod Chris L and Mod Rathe discussed the ins and outs of the current combat system, its pros and cons, and the changes that we and you - the players - would like to see. We’ve been working hard since then to completely overhaul and upgrade the combat system; to make it more fluid, interactive and exciting for everyone, and to lay the foundations for the future!

As this is such a significant evolution of the game, we’ll be running our first ever BETA test, starting in the week commencing with the 25th of June. We value your input, and we know you are the best people to tell us what works and what doesn’t.

Next week we'll be sharing many more details and how to get access to the Beta test, so check back in with us and be ready to mark your calendars for the big day!

This is your chance to impact the shape of RuneScape's evolving combat system by giving us your feedback. When the full launch occurs we’ll be re-defining RuneScape and taking the game play and excitement to a whole new level.

Mod Mark
This looks pretty cool, though I am not a big fan of change, somewhat excited for this. Biggrin
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I'm on the fence about this. Something tells me it's going to turn into a World of Warcraft spinoff with the new perks and the "cooldown" methods that usually come with perks.

Then again, this might not affect me, since I'm a skiller. XD
I'm also an avid console and PC gamer! My games are listed:

PS3: PSN name is Skrillex_WUBWUB
COD: MW3
Skyrim
COD: MW1
Assassins Creed: Revelations

PC: Steam ID is Bill_Dauterive (running gag me and a few friends have)
Killing Floor
The Sims 3
Runescape
Honestly, I doubt I'll run right in and check it out but rather will probably wait a few weeks while they iron out final glitches and whatnot.

I won't be volunteering to do the beta, not really a "beta" type of person lol
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I'll probably try the Beta for the sake of it, I have high hopes due to recent combat updates like "targeting" with Bakrimiel bolts and such, but then again it is still JaGex so...
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
*Goes to get 99 slayer out of the way...*
Starts on mi 18th birthday. Better be good or else.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Am hoping will be good, I need to get range up so hoping will give me a reason to do this
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine!
(2012-05-13 22:28:16)Narccius Wrote:  Am hoping will be good, I need to get range up so hoping will give me a reason to do this
Omg same! XD
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

And just in time to retain some of those guys who are threatening to quit after their 6 month membership package runs out. How about that.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,668 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,591 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,656 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  Evolution of Combat l Zephyr l 12 7,975 2012-11-27 18:28:24
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  Evolution of Combat Launches 20th November! AlchemyHawk 23 13,499 2012-11-09 14:18:08
Last Post: Dick