Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big!
Thread Closed 

Thanks to player feedback, we have reviewed the quality and value of the prizes available on the Squeal of Fortune, and we’re pleased to announce that we will be making significant improvements to the drop rates and overall value of the loot on offer.

With the launch of our next content update on Tuesday 29th May, each time you spin the Squeal of Fortune you’ll stand a greater chance of winning something awesome, courtesy of our revised, remixed and revitalised prize list.

We’re confident that this revised selection of prizes will ensure that spinning the Squeal is not only more exciting than ever, but will also bring about some genuinely useful contributions to your ongoing RuneScape adventures.

So, without further ado, we’re now able to confirm the following great changes to the Squeal of Fortune:
  • Ten times the chance to win super-rare cosmetic items!
  • More coin prizes added that will also appear more frequently, including 5,000, 50,000 and 500,000gp!
  • More useful common items in increased quantities.
  • Construction and Fletching supplies such as planks and logs.
  • Crafting and Smithing materials, including leather and ore.
  • More gems, from sapphire to diamond.
  • Combat consumables such as arrows and runes.

We’d like to reassure players that we have thought very carefully about which items to add, remove and increase the likelihood of. We’ve made these changes with a full set of statistics and a healthy wedge of player behaviour data to hand, as we know how important it is to make sure the changes are in-keeping with a healthy in-game economy.

With that reassurance in mind, all that remains is for you to enjoy this new and improved collection of prizes, and to maximise your chances of scoring some truly great rewards when using your free, earned and purchased spins!

Don’t forget that members get more daily spins each day, so get some extra spins by subscribing now!

The RuneScape Team
I guess the sof revenue stream was drying up a little.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
When will they realize the players don't care what you win from it we care that we can freaking buy spins. Legalizing RWT and breaking international gambling laws is one of the stupidest things Jagex has done.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
This is just another sad sad day :/
I like it smile

Haven't gotten anything rare yet, the best I've gotten is a rune platebody still, excluding lamps which I like getting the most. Maybe I'll finally get something rare now, just hope it isn't something like a pair of bandos boots lol
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
looks like ill have to buy more spins XD
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Lol who cares i just use my free spins, forget about buying them.
(2012-05-28 19:37:14)Bug Wrote:  I like it smile

Haven't gotten anything rare yet, the best I've gotten is a rune platebody still, excluding lamps which I like getting the most. Maybe I'll finally get something rare now, just hope it isn't something like a pair of bandos boots lol
Unless I am mistaken, I do not think they are increasing the chance of rare armour. smile

This seems like an ok update, as long as it doesn't decrease the chance of lamps; the only thing I care about from SOF. Even though I would never buy spins and I only use the free ones, they still add up a lot over time.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Yea I enjoy the the lamps but a couple rare items to help me out wont hurt :]
(2012-05-28 21:22:11)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2012-05-28 19:37:14)Bug Wrote:  I like it smile

Unless I am mistaken, I do not think they are increasing the chance of rare armour. smile

This seems like an ok update, as long as it doesn't decrease the chance of lamps; the only thing I care about from SOF. Even though I would never buy spins and I only use the free ones, they still add up a lot over time.

Think you misunderstood but it's k cuz i didnt rly specify or nething. was talkin rares in general, like gettin a red box stead of a yellow/white 1
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Answered Question about the Squeel or Wheel of Fortune. Huey 2 3,263 2012-11-03 21:16:10
Last Post: Huey
  The Squeal of Neptune Mini Kniight 14 9,038 2012-06-08 01:15:48
Last Post: Dave
  Squeal of Fortune Spins Angus 54 27,814 2012-06-05 15:43:49
Last Post: Elrydith
  Squeal of Fortune – Extra Spins Shay 57 70,085 2012-04-07 16:42:46
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Spin and Win on the Squeal of Fortune! Shay 16 9,732 2012-03-02 06:53:44
Last Post: Wendy