AFK is A-OK
Thread Closed 

[Image: xX3w]
(Picture posted by Meetul3).

Would have been more relevant a week or two ago but only just saw it, sorry Tongue But yeah the topic came up a few times in CC last week or so.

So no need to fear, AFK all you want! I always thought it was one of the official rules which no one cares about (like how you're not allowed to superheat while mining) but nope, it's really not disallowed at all smile
It used to be that even doing that was considered against the rules. Guess they decided that since it's impossible to have evidence of that type of AFKing that it's pointless to make it a rule lol.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
That's what I thought. Plus with all the updates encouraging it lately it'd be pretty illogical to disallow it Tongue
I wasn't aware that anyone still thought AFKing was still against the rules. I've been doing it for ages with no worry! It is always nice to see a Jagex moderator clearing the air for people though. One thing I would like officially disapproved, or approved (which I highly doubt), is that AHK 1:1 myth, I saw that while browsing xp-waste and just giggled.
What is AHK 1:1? Tongue
(2012-05-31 20:51:02)Portus Wrote:  What is AHK 1:1? Tongue

A dumb third-party program that a few people, including a close friend from school, think is legal if the ratio is 1:1. In my opinion it is border line, if not just straight macroing.
I knew it was “against the rules” before but it never stopped, though it is nice to have this officially cleared up. I never leave my computer though haha, I just forget about scape while doing a million other things sometimes. xD
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-05-31 21:12:09)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I knew it was “against the rules” before but it never stopped, though it is nice to have this officially cleared up. I never leave my computer though haha, I just forget about scape while doing a million other things sometimes. xD

You and I both! I get into the forums sometimes and just forget about my character while woodcuttng, fishing, or whatever else happens to be AFKable.
Score one for common sense.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Well glad they cleared that up, sometimes I'm doing other things on the computer while playing and yes i do forget about him sometimes lol. There is no way for there to figure out who is really AFK and not tho.