BTS - Fish Flinger and Combat Rework
Thread Closed 

Sucks I can't watch any videos at home due to my connection, takes literally over an hour to fully load one and I can't do anything on the internet while it loads -.-

If I go to my parents house this weekend I'll try to hop on one of their computers and check it out though.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Apparently there is a huge outcry because Jagex said that the tier 5 tackle box will be a comp cape requirement.. I am sure they meant trimmed comp people.
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
Will probably make me enjoy Dungeoneering abit more since I love dungeons on WoW and it will be basically the same style of fighting they do.

Bring it on! Biggrin
(2012-06-01 17:42:14)Nick Wrote:  As far as the combat rework goes, this video makes melee look underpowered with the fact that you can teleport around anf move back when ranging and mageing.

If I had to guess, they were only able to teleport as a test, to make it easier for them to display the attacks at long range instead of close up. So perhaps it won't be an actual ability when the update is released.

I think this update looks ridiculously awesome, I can't wait to finish up slayer with this new system!
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I think it looks like a pretty sick update and can't wait for it to happen Biggrin
[Image: ichigo-1.png]
(2012-06-03 03:21:27)Evaluate Wrote:  
(2012-06-01 17:42:14)Nick Wrote:  As far as the combat rework goes, this video makes melee look underpowered with the fact that you can teleport around anf move back when ranging and mageing.

If I had to guess, they were only able to teleport as a test, to make it easier for them to display the attacks at long range instead of close up. So perhaps it won't be an actual ability when the update is released.

I think this update looks ridiculously awesome, I can't wait to finish up slayer with this new system!

Actually, melee had an attack to rush in and close the gap between distant opponents as well. I think it looked pretty good and in terms of balancing they can probably keep it and make it work in a way that maintains the triangle balance they're looking for.

The bandos warrior who was getting killed was a simple attacking dummy who couldn't use any abilities himself, and in the same gear any pker worth his salt would have killed the ranger and at least stood a chance against the warrior. The mage had him stunned all the time, whereas the ranger had to keep running away in order to stay clear and melee abilities are likely to have a few good counters to that.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-06-03 04:16:30)Dave Wrote:  
(2012-06-03 03:21:27)Evaluate Wrote:  

Actually, melee had an attack to rush in and close the gap between distant opponents as well. I think it looked pretty good and in terms of balancing they can probably keep it and make it work in a way that maintains the triangle balance they're looking for.

The bandos warrior who was getting killed was a simple attacking dummy who couldn't use any abilities himself, and in the same gear any pker worth his salt would have killed the ranger and at least stood a chance against the warrior. The mage had him stunned all the time, whereas the ranger had to keep running away in order to stay clear and melee abilities are likely to have a few good counters to that.

True, I forgot that the melee guy initiated with that rush. It does seem weird for the ranger to have a teleport, but with the rush of the warrior I guess that does make it seem more reasonable.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
If I wanted to play WoW I'd sign up. No thanks JaGeX.
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
(2012-06-05 05:13:05)Angus Wrote:  If I wanted to play WoW I'd sign up. No thanks JaGeX.

You do realize that this style of combat they're bringing out has been popular in THOUSANDS of other MMO's before wow was even introduced, right?

Most popular MMO games have cooldown skills and unlockable abilities. We can't really judge it until it comes out.

Paladin
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

[Image: annie_league_of_legends_signature_by_chi...4ylyti.png]

[Image: L7adChF.png]

(2012-06-05 05:13:05)Angus Wrote:  If I wanted to play WoW I'd sign up. No thanks JaGeX.

U do realize that WoW didn't pioneer anything of this sort at all.

It's about time Jagex got rid of this horrible combat system.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Golden Fish Eggs looking for a Good Home DarkFear 7 4,876 2015-08-05 00:35:36
Last Post: Mikuri
  Summer Special & D&D Improvements and Death Rework Shawn 9 7,961 2015-05-27 20:03:54
Last Post: Myster Q
  Death System rework in the works Gohankuten 12 9,792 2015-02-10 01:58:40
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,672 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,593 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee