New skill - Sailing?
Thread Closed 

http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/future-r...and-beyond

Read this link off the Runescape Facebook page. Read the 2nd last paragraph. Could it be? Could they actually be releasing the Sailing skill?

For those who haven't played Runescape for a long time, the thought of the sailing skill has been kicking around for years. I've been playing 8 years and people were talking about it back then. At one point in time the main banner of the main page appeared to show a sailing skillcape. This was a few years ago.

Any one else think this might actually be it? I couldn't help but laugh at the thought Tongue
If you saw the runeshark podcast with the mod that takes care of updates (can't remember the name) he said that the sailing rumour is wrong. They never thought about doing a sailing skill and they never will do it in the near future.
Hahaha I don't want the skill, I was just thinking that "player owned ports and a skill to go along with it" sounded a lot like sailing xD What other speculations do you have as to what it might be :o
Player owned Ports were announced at last year's Runefest, as a spinoff of Miscellania that will eventually lead to high level gear.

I don't see this as any hint of a sailing skill, and the idea of a sailing skill is so dumb on it's own.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
The only thing involving a boat that I'm excited for at this point is the boat that you get permission to board when you earn all the museum kudos. Player owned ports and a skill to go with it is too vague for me to be neither excited nor pessimistic.

Thanks for the article though.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Nope. Sailing would be retarded. MMG said there will never be a sailing skill. And that cape you're referring to was just a cape. Had nothing to do with sailing. I hate all the people that think it would be a good or even useful skill. Woodcutting is a better idea for a skill, and woodcutting is a terrible skill. So are the other 27 or w/e skills, but besides the point.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
http://forum.tip.it/topic/312160-new-ski...d-of-2013/

There is information on the new skill, and a Mod confirmed the new skill would NOT be sailing. As Returnfate said, player-owned ports are a separate (smaller) update.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

this rumour has been going round for years now befor the hunter skill con skill summ skill and dung skill and theres been many a mods that have denied it
(2012-07-05 17:32:04)G The First Wrote:  Hahaha I don't want the skill, I was just thinking that "player owned ports and a skill to go along with it" sounded a lot like sailing xD What other speculations do you have as to what it might be :o

Gonna quote my post there it seems no one actually read past the first post LOL. Kniight pointed out it won't be sailing already folks, I don't need 7 more people telling me that, I'm a fast learner xD Everyone is quick to turn down sailing but NO ONE can come up with another potential skill to go along with player owned ports?

Perhaps some sort of exploring/navigating/tracking type skill? I can't honestly think of too much that could go with it.

Mexican and Columbian cocaine trafficking cartel skill?

Edit: So wait, are the ports and the new skill unrelated? Seems like a pretty bad editing job on that article if that's the case. 2 separate ideas in the same paragraph? That's just blasphemy >_<
Well first of all, I (and probably the other people who posted after) we just addressing the topic you posted, and stating our opinions..which is why topics are made in the first place. I never said anything personally at you, just at sailing in general, which is clearly not the new skill.

I also posted a link which gave real information on the new skill, which is this so far:
*Not sailing.
*Could be two skills, one gathering and one "crafting" counterpart.
*Release at the end of 2013/beginning of 2014.
*As of April 2012, not in development yet, just lots of ideas in jmod heads.

Finally you put a paraphrase in a quote, that is wrong. What they actually said was:
”In the meantime, we will soon be releasing Player-owned Ports, where players can build their own port to attract sea captains, crew and treasures. We are also working on a new, yet unannounced skill, which will be added to the game next year.”
They are just listing seem of the bigger updates of the year, and they do not seem to be related at all.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Update] Skill Pets Nick 6 7,216 2016-08-23 09:07:09
Last Post: Nick
  The best wc method for skill week! Sir_Sparhawk 3 3,438 2016-01-28 00:18:51
Last Post: Geech
  Fastest skill Myster Q 7 7,215 2015-04-14 06:44:21
Last Post: Myster Q
  [Treasure Hunter] Skill Outfit Head Add-Ons Ava 5 6,847 2014-09-26 02:03:27
Last Post: old_jon
Speech bubble Favourite Skill(s) Frosty 140 72,150 2014-03-01 21:22:49
Last Post: Papa Malice