Poll: What do you think of this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
1 6.25%
4 - It's pretty good
0 0%
3 - Not bad
3 18.75%
2 - Could be better
0 0%
1 - Not worth it
0 0%
0 - Hate it
8 50.00%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
4 25.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Solomon's General Store - Grand Opening!
Thread Closed 

Got breakdance, and Grumpy Title. Still think its stupid people are actually spending money to show off.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Yea, I mean I already pay for members so I really don't know if I feel like paying for some cosmetic items to. If you got the money to spare and have nothing better to do with it then I guess go for it. I won't be buying those runecoins myself
(2012-07-18 17:57:41)Gohankuten Wrote:  
(2012-07-18 17:04:18)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Honestly I will say this update is not bad and it is completely different than SOF. All of the items, animations, outfits etc. are COMPLETELY cosmetic, so they are not getting any advantage at all. It is just if people want to look cooler, they can spend some money which I am fine with, they are not getting ahead in the game at all. And if it gets Jagex more money to bring in better content, then even better. smile

For now it is that way. But remember how the SoF started out as just a simple once/twice a day thing that was just about luck. Then Jagex added the ability to buy spins and then it became about luck and who can put in the most money for spins to get an advantage. And Jagex used the bull**** excuse of "well everyone was using their spins so they all like it so it's staying" to keep the buyable spins even though a majority of players detested the ability to buy spins. It's the future that this store represents that I hate and I know that eventually it won't be just harmless cosmetics and animations.

So you're going to compare an update that started out with buyable items, to an update that didn't. Seems legit. They already have the ability to make money off it, you've got no idea of what they plan to do, but somehow you do. At the end of the day Jagex is a company who has to make money, and everybody gets paid before you do. Besides, nobody is forcing you to stay around and thus if you don't like it, please exit.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2012-07-18 18:03:08)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I am not going to complain about an update that hasn't happened yet. Grin

I'm of this mindset for now. Also, depending how much money it is to buy Runecoins, I may get myself a few to snatch up the emotes and perhaps an outfit if they release a worthy one.

I'm completely for supporting a store to purchase COSMETIC items, which is why I'd consider spending money on this and not SOF. It helps generate revenue whilst not breaking the game for those who take it seriously. League of Legends does it in a similar fashion and it works out great.

Also, grabbed the Majharrat Transform and Break Wind emotes because they added perfectly to 200 points and I'm a neat freak like that.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
First time I think I voted I "hated it".

But to be fair, they do give you "200 runecoin" for free, if you ask for it. Trouble is it's all "rubbish" to me.

Nothing with this update appeals to me.

The fact that they want us to spend more of our real money annoys me.
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Btw how do you guys get you're free 200 runecoins? I have seen some things say that you just have to visit the shop but that hasn't worked for me. I have seen other things say you have to ask for it, but I do not see where or how to do that. :s
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-07-19 02:23:48)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Btw how do you guys get you're free 200 runecoins? I have seen some things say that you just have to visit the shop but that hasn't worked for me. I have seen other things say you have to ask for it, but I do not see where or how to do that. :s

When you go to the shop there should be something at the very top of the page that you click to get the coins.
On the one hand, I'm opposed to microtransactions on principle, and I think if we're paying a monthly fee we shouldn't also have to put up with this kind of crap. On the other hand, everything in the store is garbage and what they're selling in this particular update is basically harmless. You'd think that would lighten the blow, but there's no question in my mind that they're going to add some game-changing benefits to the shop in the future. I'm also getting really tired of seeing an advert window every time I log in.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Thanks a lot CJ, wow I am blind LOL. Yay for awesome looking high-alchemy now. Grin
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I recall upon gathering my free 200 coins that it said runecoins will be available on the SoF? Did any1 else catch that part? Because I haven't seen them on the SoF as of yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Interface/Bar Setup Thrashkick 6 3,907 2016-12-05 16:39:54
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  [Solomon's Store] January Sales Ava 0 2,174 2015-01-01 18:32:59
Last Post: Ava
  [Solomon's Store] Retro Armour – Barrows Ava 0 2,765 2014-12-09 01:30:12
  [Solomon's Store] Familiar Overrides and Legendary Pet Sale Ava 0 2,111 2014-11-24 18:12:20
  [Solomon's Store] Boss Outfits Ava 0 1,933 2014-11-05 20:52:26