Randoms
Thread Closed 

I honestly forgot about them too until it was brought up. I think these really need to come back! They should also get rid of some of the randoms that take a little bit too much time and waste xp for the skill your working on. I'm not a big fan of the maze, and the one where you tag the rings, of the grave one! Nothing sucks worse then putting the coffins back in correct order...
I am familiarly certain bots could easily get around these if they came back now. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Didn't runescape classic have that thing where every so often that box with random letters appeared an you had to copy the text? Why can't they have that then and still give us rewards for simply putting it in correctly?
I think Jagex removed them because they got too many complaints of deaths.
Now, how could anyone get killed by one of them is beyond me, but apparently some people really hardcore AFK.

I hate the randoms now. They're so radically different, time wise.
Sandwhich lady takes 20 seconds, maze takes a few minutes.

Instead of focusing on Sizzling Summer, they should fix the randoms haha.
(2012-07-24 23:35:36)Joeym4692 Wrote:  Didn't runescape classic have that thing where every so often that box with random letters appeared an you had to copy the text? Why can't they have that then and still give us rewards for simply putting it in correctly?

RS was the first place I saw one of those. Plenty of websites use them, but now the words are incomprehensible and only the bots can read them. It would do more harm than good to put it back now.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
"Fishies be mine! Leave dem fishies."

Classic. smile

Love the Evil Chicken too. "Bwuuuuuuuk!!"
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

I lost a santa hat (I think) from one of the water trolls whilst fishing in f2p karamja. I am so happy those stupid things are gone. They took away the freedom you get from your more afkable skills, nowadays I am able to go and cook some dinner in real life whilst I runecraft, fish, woodcut.

Personally it didn't make the game more fun, there were some random events that were stupidly annoying, like having your hatchet's head or pickaxe's head fall off occasionally, and if you weren't paying attention you'd lose it. Imagine if that happened to a dragon pickaxe or hatchet, you're going to be pissed off.

As for the mentioned introduction of the caption text that you had to enter occasionally, it didn't work. The bots were smart enough to enter the text and it really pissed off players, those things are confusing as hell sometimes to enter the correct word. Also it really is something that was taking you out of the game, it's like if a popup came in the middle of skilling every 5 minutes, you become a lot less immersed in the game and you become a lot more irritated at the same time.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=